Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 07:01 AM   #151
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto
Thanks for your patience everybody.

I had plans to go visit a friend this afternoon for lunch but her kitty is nearing the end. She just found out last night and I was so sad for her I couldn't stop the tears. She lives in WV so we usually drive three hours each to meet in the middle. I was planning on an update last night but couldn't shake the sadness. He is a really sweet kitty and it is heartbreaking when these things inevitably happen.

An update coming up shortly.
Sorry to hear this,I know how bad the hurt is. Just take your time.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:04 AM   #152
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovGal View Post
I'm enjoying reading your trip report, particularly because I was on this cruise (and the one following it) and somehow our paths never crossed so I'm always interested in seeing how other people keep busy on the ship.

Just a minor note: That charming cruise director is Ray. Capt. Fabian was our captain.
thank you for the correction, that's too funny! Now that you say that I can hear him announcing himself in that wonderful accent. In the back of my mind I thought I was wrong but couldn't find anything in my journal.

I'm amazed we never crossed paths. I loved that the ship was small enough I kept running into people. The Dream was so big it was very rare to see the same people twice.

Very nice you were able to do the next one as well. How did you enjoy the cruise?

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 07:11 AM   #153
dgbg100106

Quote:

The other day I came on here and I was behind on 17 threads... not to mention shopping and exercising and all that kind of stuff.
I am the same way. My job has become a huge interruption for the DIS and I am not happy one bit about that.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 02-10-2013, 07:14 AM   #154
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47
What a shame that your mom lost out on two prizes. I think I would have been more upset about the Tanzanite necklace, but then I absolutely adore Tanzanite. It is an even bigger shame that people turned so nasty. There is really no need for this.

I am actually quite glad to be back in my beloved Bat Cave for our back to back cruises after we had the veranda cabin in November. I think part of the reason why I sleep so well on the ship is that there is no light coming in at all. I did not sleep nearly as well in November.

Corinna
David and I love the inside cabins for that reason. You can go in there anytime of the day and get "lost" in day/night....

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 02-10-2013, 07:20 AM   #155
dgbg100106

Beautiful update, looking forward to the "good ending". Shame that you did not enjoy your food any more.

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 02-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #156
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I am glad that the Tanzanite story has a good ending.

You just made my day. I love the Wonder, but one drawback to this ship for me has always been the cruise director. On our Panama Canal cruise, our Mexican Riviera cruise and the Hawaii cruise we had Christiaan and I never warmed to him. He behaved like a spoiled child on the Panama Canal cruise and I have never forgiven him this. I did hear rumours that he was transferring to the Dream and I was very happy to see a different Cruise Director. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we get Captain Fabian for our Back to Back cruise. He has such a wonderful personality. However, I think it will probably be Captain Thord, which is OK by me too. He was our captain during 3 cruises including one with quite rough conditions and he kept us safe.

Corinna
I said the wrong name ealier, I'm sure you caught me too. Ray was very nice, we saw him quite a few times around the ship and he always had a smile for us. The only thing we thought was lacking was that we hardly heard him overhead on the speakers highlighting items to do throughout the day. Now we only expected that because the cruise director we had on the Dream, Clayton, was constantly doing that. Captain Fabian actually came on a few times and talked with us which was great.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 02-10-2013, 07:27 AM   #157
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Sorry to hear this,I know how bad the hurt is. Just take your time.
I'm so glad I suggested that my friend stay home yesterday to be with her kitty. He passed away around 3:00 yesterday afternoon. I'm so sad for her.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #158
dgbg100106

Quote:

I'm so glad I suggested that my friend stay home yesterday to be with her kitty. He passed away around 3:00 yesterday afternoon. I'm so sad for her.
Yes, at least she was there to be with him. So sad...

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 02-10-2013, 07:31 AM   #159
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Beautiful update, looking forward to the "good ending". Shame that you did not enjoy your food any more.
Salmon is one of my favorites, so I was really disappointed. I'm usually not one to send anything back, but it was unedible to me.

I don't want to let the cat out of the bag, but what eventually happened was a total surprise.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #160
dgbg100106

Quote:

Salmon is one of my favorites, so I was really disappointed. I'm usually not one to send anything back, but it was indelible to me.

I don't want to let the cat out of the bag, but eventually happened was a total surprise.
No, don't let the info leak until the right time.

I love salmon, also! I have sent things back, to me that is really the only feedback for the kitchen.

2013 Cruising adventures

Last edited by dgbg100106; 02-10-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #161
Pinkocto

Day 2, Key West:

I woke up around 5:30 am and was so very thirsty. We were on Deck 7 so I took the elevator up to Deck 9 and was happy to find some delicious cold water at the beverage station. I ran into a CM who was a bit startled to see me, I was in my pajamas I was thankfully able to go back to sleep until 8:30. Mom had been exploring the ship since 7:30 and was ready for some breakfast. We decided to head down to Tritons since we had really enjoyed our sit down breakfast at the Royal Palace on the Dream. Tritons did not disappoint.

Mom had some coffee

I had a diet coke

Mom had a Krispy Kreme

I had a cinnamon roll, one of my favorite things this cruise

Mom had a veggie omlette which she raved about

I had frech toast with grilled pineapple. I did not like the pineapple hot but the other fruit was delicious. The french toast itself was really good.

Mom also wanted to try the waffle sandwhich with dulce de leche, she said it was a bit dry. We were both expecting a lot more dulce de leche, it only appeared to be drizzled on the waffles

With our bellies full we headed out. It was a marvelous breakfast and we would be back to Tritons. I highly recommend doing a sit down breakfast on the ship, it's a wonderful way to start the day.

The restaurant was really pretty, I just loved the mural.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #162
Pinkocto

After breakfast we headed up to the room to grab my shower stuff and bathing suits and headed to the spa. We spent a few hours just relaxing and enjoying the Rainforest Room. We had the place to ourselves and it was fabulous. We tried all the saunas and enjoyed the loungers and finally dragged ourselves out of there. I had gotten a little hungry, all that relaxing really works up an appetite!

I went to get some fries, and I think mom went to get us some drinks. I love just walking up to the window and they give you whatever you want. I ended up getting a double portion because I just knew mom would want some. We found a nice little table on Deck 10 and watched the end of Brother Bear. Now I have never seen this movie and I must say I had quite a few tears at the end. I can't seem to help it, I'm a total softy. Oh, the fries were magnificent by the way.

I tried to get in some journaling but it was quite windy so after the movie ended we went down to sit by the Quiet Cove. We no sooner had we sat down when mom said she wanted to go to BBB and get some broccoli she had seen when she had gotten the drinks earlier. So back to that end of the ship we went and got some more food. There were quite a few selections but I could see right away that it did not compare to Cabanas on the Dream. Yes, I continued to compare the two ships the entire cruise. How would I be an adequate DISer if I didn't bring you guys my thoughts. I'm sorry to say I don't have a picture of the whole buffet, there were just too many people there.

We sat out in the back and enjoyed the sun.

My plate. Olives at the bottom, caprese salad, fish in the middle (not good), polenta (very dry), fried shrimp (too soft) and a tomato and mozzarella sandwich. I put the caprese salad into the sandwich and it was very delicious.

Mom's plate. Lentil salad under the broccoli, caprese salad, olives, tomato and mozzarella sandwich, and an onion foccocia. She loved everything.

I went back and got a salad

Mom went back and found some desserts

White/Milk chocolate mousse, she loved it

Tiramisu, very good she said

A sailboat race going on off of Key West

I thought this was quite cool. I was taking all this pictures directly into the sun so had no idea if they came out at all until later

Some new friends that joined us for lunch

Old 02-10-2013, 01:10 PM   #163
ImprovGal
No animals were harmed in the making of the dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
thank you for the correction, that's too funny! Now that you say that I can hear him announcing himself in that wonderful accent. In the back of my mind I thought I was wrong but couldn't find anything in my journal.

I'm amazed we never crossed paths. I loved that the ship was small enough I kept running into people. The Dream was so big it was very rare to see the same people twice.

Very nice you were able to do the next one as well. How did you enjoy the cruise?
I had such a fantastic time on that cruise (and the next as well)! It was a little strange having a 4 day cruise with absolutely no sea days. It certainly made embarkation day seem a bit more scheduled than usual. Key West was the only time I got off the ship, though. I used Nassau and Castaway Cay days as the times to play Disney movie catch-up and saw Frankenweenie, Brave, and Wreck-It Ralph.

I think we just must have sailed in different circuits as I did keep running into the same guests as well. At least I can say that I wasn't one of the DVC Member Celebration villagers that apparently tried to torch you.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #164
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Nice updates. Sounds like you had a very relaxing time. I enjoyed having breakfast at Tritons as well. I never considered that an inside stateroom would have blackout qualities for sleeping.

I think I still like the verandah, Fran likes having natural light come into our room, but that does give me something to think about for sleeping really well.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #165
fredgirls
DIS Veteran

Wonderful updates! Thank you!
I am getting so excited!
We didn't do a sit-down breakfast last time, so will definitely do that.

5-night Wonder from Miami trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078323

fredgirls is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: