DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #16
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I was lucky in January, a 1 bedroom pool view instead of a 1 bedroom standard view. It was very nice view of the pool. I did check, no cost to me!
Old 02-10-2013, 12:56 AM   #17
BLTisforME
Headed to Orlando.... again!

I keep waiting for it to happen. No such luck.
BLTisforME is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 07:17 AM   #18
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

My three upgrade experiences:
1. Once cause of over booking at VWL:
Booked a studio at VWL, when we tried to check-in, we had been upgraded to a WL 2 bedroom lake view suite. Called some family members to come and join us for an unexpected vacation.
2. Once cause of problem with check-in at AKL:
Booked a standard view studio at AKL-Jambo, checked-in, given a room key as the room was suppose to be ready, went to the room, and found suitcases and purse in the room along with the room not being made up. Went back to the front desk, they gave us an on-the-spot upgrade to a savanna view room in another part of the resort plus four free breakfasts.
3. DCL
We reserved an inside stateroom but were upgraded to an ocean view room. We did not find out about the upgrade until we got to the room, what a surprise that was.
Just had a fourth this past weekend.
4. AKL-Jambo
Booked standard view room at 5 days out, due to a last minute change in home plans. Given a Savanna View room #5345.

Last edited by com_op_2000; 02-12-2013 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Updated
com_op_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #19
hygienejean
Are we still trying to figure out the "big project?"
The answers are probably right in front of us

A few years ago we were upgraded from a BWV standard to a pool view.
Last year our friends were upgraded from a 2 bedroom at the BWV to a 3 bedroom grand villa! They were there for 4 nights! How amazing is that!?!
hygienejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:42 AM   #20
Shleedogg
DIS Veteran

We've stayed on points probably 15ish times since we bought 4 years ago. We've been upgraded once. We were at AKV Kidani about 2 years ago. Booked standard and were given savannah. It was amazing.

We were at AKV Jambo last month and also booked standard and were kind of given savannah. It wasn't a true savannah which is why it was probably standard. It was at he very back of the resort and it was next to the holding pens/"kennel" for lack of a better word. These 2 experiences, and how much our kids loved it ya e pretty much guaranteed that next stay at AKV, we'll book savannah. We've never gotten a huge upgrade though.

Shleedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #21
curan69
Earning My Ears

Just got back

We just got back from five nights at VB and two nights at OKW. On Thursday, Feb 7th our friends had a standard view room booked at BLT. We went over to meet up with them as planned to go to the Top Of the World Lounge to watch wishes. When we met them they were all excited because they Got upgraded to a Theme Park View. They didn't even ask. Anyway we watched wishes from their balcony and never made it up to the Lounge. So it does happen.
curan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #22
TSMMANIAC
Mouseketeer

We have owned since 1993. Have taken perhaps 35 vacations and never once been upgraded. I never expect it and I am never disappointed.
TSMMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #23
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by curan69 View Post
We just got back from five nights at VB and two nights at OKW. On Thursday, Feb 7th our friends had a standard view room booked at BLT. We went over to meet up with them as planned to go to the Top Of the World Lounge to watch wishes. When we met them they were all excited because they Got upgraded to a Theme Park View. They didn't even ask. Anyway we watched wishes from their balcony and never made it up to the Lounge. So it does happen.
What floor were they on? Just wondering as I know some Theme Park View rooms have recently been reclassified as Standard view rooms.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #24
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shleedogg View Post
We were at AKV Jambo last month and also booked standard and were kind of given savannah. It wasn't a true savannah which is why it was probably standard. It was at he very back of the resort and it was next to the holding pens/"kennel" for lack of a better word.
It sounds like you got one of the rooms that has been reclassified from Savanna View to Standard View. I'm maintaining a list of reclassified rooms so if you know the room number I'll add it to the list. Thanks!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #25
ethanwa
Premier Passport AP / D23 Charter Member / D23 Geek of the Week / 2013 and 2015 D23 Expo Sorcerers Ticket

The reason I ask is this...

We are renting points, not a DVC member. We are going to Aulani from Seattle. We have two young kids and just got a basic studio room. I would think that we would be a prime target to sell DVC to, therefore they may upgrade us to try and "sell" us on how great the resort and DVC is.

It makes logical sense, but I also know that Disney often doesn't know it's right hand from its left.

Ethan

Been to DL, WDW, Aulani, D23 Expo, and on DCL.
ethanwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #26
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanwa View Post

We are renting points, not a DVC member. We are going to Aulani from Seattle. We have two young kids and just got a basic studio room. I would think that we would be a prime target to sell DVC to, therefore they may upgrade us to try and "sell" us on how great the resort and DVC is.

It makes logical sense, but I also know that Disney often doesn't know it's right hand from its left.

Ethan
As far as DVC is concerned, it's a points reservation so they probably would not "target" you like a cash reservation.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #27
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Ethan
As Debbie said, if you were staying on a cash reservation then Yes they might look at it and think this is a possible sale for DVC.

However since you are booked under points, there would be no reason for them to think that.

Plus you can not imagine the backlash that would occur if they started upgrading renters over members. It would not be pretty. On a points reservation whether you are the member or not, you get what you book unless a problem happens where they have no choice but to upgrade.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:29 PM   #28
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Ethan
You're chances for an upgrade are little off from zero. If you ask, like you might at a hotel, they may mess up the reservation messing around. There are reports of members asking for an upgrade thinking they were simply asking to be upgraded for free, then later finding out the extra points were taken from their account.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #29
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:

Ethan
Nah, makes no sense at all. You are not a cash guest. You are using member points. You really should have booked a one bedroom at the minimum with a family of four.

If you use your logic, they should ignore you totally because you wanted a bargain to begin with. So they should not expect you to even want to buy DVC and not waste their time or your time.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:10 AM   #30
Splashboat
Always looking for cheap airfare

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
It sounds like you got one of the rooms that has been reclassified from Savanna View to Standard View. I'm maintaining a list of reclassified rooms so if you know the room number I'll add it to the list. Thanks!
I'm not the pp that you responded to but we stayed in 5544 (I think you had it with a question mark last time I looked at your list.) We booked standard (and only used points for standard) however, the CM that met us when we arrived specifically told us we were 'upgraded' to Savannah. I didn't want to embarrass her by asking but I assumed it was just one of the rooms that was reclassified to standard. Very nice corner room with views of animals all day. Not bad for standard points :D)
Splashboat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: