Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
msr709
DIS Veteran

First time renting Vacation Home, need help

First time renting a vacation home and was wondering what your experience has been in regards to what to bring in (besides food) and where do we go for it?? We are 5 adults and 5 children (3 of which are toddlers, 2yo and 3yo). I read they supply dishes, silverware, linen, towels and such but I'm sure not everything is supplied. What was your experience? The home is in Windsor Hill if that helps. TIA
CSR July 2009; CSR/Hard Rock Hotel Aug. 2008 (DSis, DNc, DNph & Me); DCL 7-day Western Caribbean Oct. 2006; POP Century July 2005 (Solo); RPR/ASMo (Whole Fa.)Aug/Sept 2004; Disneyland, the Original (DSIL & Me-HOJO Jul/Aug. 2003; CB/Royal Pacific Jul. 2002 (Solo); The Grosvenor and HRH (Mom & Me) Dec. 2001; ASMu and HRH (DNc&Me) Aug. 2001; ASMo (Mom&Me) Jan. 2000; HoJO (DD, DSis, DNc & Me) 1995

msr709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #2
sympatico
DIS Veteran

Everything is supplied except: toilet paper, paper towel, kleenex, garbage bags, dishwasher tabs, dish detergent, laundry detergent, soap, shampoo (personal toiletries). There is usually a starter amount but you will have to get more. Other things like coffee filters, salt/pepper etc may or may not be there. Sometimes pool/beach towels are supplied and sometimes not. All manner of dishes, cookware, cutlery, towels, bedding etc are there. It's the use-upables that you need to get extra.
Here's a map to show you where Target and Publix is: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...5,0.11055&z=13
Windsor Hills is #1 SuperTarget #134 Publix #20 Walgreens #133
Lindfields: twice, Lake Davenport, Venice hotel,Oak Plantation, St. Pete's Beach Hilton, Wyndham Cypress Palms, Pink Shell Fort Myers Beach, Liki Tiki Village, Grand Reserve, Rotonda Lakes near Port Charlotte,Windsor Hills: 5 times, Indian Creek (twice), Emerald Island (4 times), Reunion Resort (twice) Sunset Lakes, Crestwynd Bay, Briarwood in Naples

Last edited by sympatico; 05-23-2012 at 08:33 PM.
sympatico is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #3
mousemom11
Wild Women Do Disney and They Don't Regret It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msr709 View Post
First time renting a vacation home and was wondering what your experience has been in regards to what to bring in (besides food) and where do we go for it?? We are 5 adults and 5 children (3 of which are toddlers, 2yo and 3yo). I read they supply dishes, silverware, linen, towels and such but I'm sure not everything is supplied. What was your experience? The home is in Windsor Hill if that helps. TIA
What we do is go to the house first and see what is there. Based on that, we make our shopping list and head to the store. Here is a link to a map that shows all the stores and restaurants along 192. http://www.kissimmee-us192.com/map/m...2map2.htm#2btm

1996 Honeymoon at WDW 2002 Disneyland GC 2003 Disneyland GC (Concierge) 2005 Disneyland GC at Christmas 10/08 DLH
2009 WDW and Disney Magic Western DD 2010 Mediterranean RCCL Brilliance of the Seas
2011 Alaska Disney Wonder 2012 WDW and Disney Fantasy Eastern 2013 RCCL Allure B2B Western and Eastern
2014 Disney Magic Christmas Western 2015 Disney Magic Baltics
mousemom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #4
msr709
DIS Veteran

You guys ROCK! So glad I thought to ask. The links on both replies are really, really helpful since I've only been to WDW and stayed on-site I have no knowledge of what is around there! I was just on the a thread where they were talking about the restaurants in the area so the second Map will be very helpful with that! Again, thanks. I'm off to make my shopping list (We will be checking into the home before we go shopping but I wanted to see if there was anything I could bring from home that we won't need to buy!) Thanks again. Any other suggestions are always welcome.
CSR July 2009; CSR/Hard Rock Hotel Aug. 2008 (DSis, DNc, DNph & Me); DCL 7-day Western Caribbean Oct. 2006; POP Century July 2005 (Solo); RPR/ASMo (Whole Fa.)Aug/Sept 2004; Disneyland, the Original (DSIL & Me-HOJO Jul/Aug. 2003; CB/Royal Pacific Jul. 2002 (Solo); The Grosvenor and HRH (Mom & Me) Dec. 2001; ASMu and HRH (DNc&Me) Aug. 2001; ASMo (Mom&Me) Jan. 2000; HoJO (DD, DSis, DNc & Me) 1995

Old 05-24-2012, 08:53 AM   #5
isla bonita
DIS Veteran

Ms Milly

I would contact the home owner and ask what is provided in their home. Each home is owned individually.

Some homes provide pool towels but they are not required by law.

Some may have baby items or in your case toddler items such as toys, bed rails, monitors etc...

Ask many questions to make your holiday as wonderful as possible. The owner can give you the most accurate info. on their home.
"I'm just your average ordinary everyday super hero"
"If sense were commom more people would have it"
isla bonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #6
LeeLee'sMom
Mouseketeer

We have stayed at Windsor Hills in one of the Disney Themed homes. Very nice place and very pleasant experience. They usually leave a starter amount of toilet paper & maybe a trashbag or two. Always have had plenty of towels..Target is very close to Windsor Hills & Publix..besides food, drinks & toiletries...I would get a small amount of laundry detergent, dish soap, bring a couple of trash bags from home (thin enough to put in suitcase/carryon), paper towels/napkins..we just bought disposable plates, silver ware & cups..cheapo kind...we did not feel like washing dishes on vacation It's is a very nice place and very clean too
Old 05-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #7
avance
Earning My Ears

We are staying with amazingdisneyhomes.com and they sent us a checklist of what is included free. Ask the property owner. We have toiletries, paper products even coffee provided free. We should not have to bring anything from home other than food and toiletries of we want both those are also included.
avance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:19 AM   #8
maganda
Mrs. Mike Wazowski

Definitely inquire with the homeowner. On our upcoming trip we were told that the house doesn't provide pool towels so we are bringing our own. We've always brought our own trash bags, paper towels, laundry pods, dish soap and sponge, bath soap and toiletries. Once, we had to buy a plunger because there wasn't one in the house. That was fun.

If you know you plan to cook/eat something specific, mention it to the homeowner. My kids like frozen pizza but the house we rented didn't have a pizza pan and I didn't feel comfortable just putting it on the rack and possibly making a mess.

I will say, I've not had a bad experience with amenities in rental homes. One house had all-clad stainless steel pots and pans.
Star Wars Weekend
Dumbo Double Dare at Disneyland (19.3)
2014 adventures:
Marathon Weekend (26.2)
Rock Your Disney Side 24 hour day
Wine & Dine Half Marathon
maganda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:55 AM   #9
rellinge
Earning My Ears

Check with the owner. Most Windsor Hills houses are very nicely equipped and will come with everything you initially need, but as others have said, what exactly that is varies slightly from house to house.
rellinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:48 AM   #10
msr709
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maganda View Post
Definitely inquire with the homeowner. On our upcoming trip we were told that the house doesn't provide pool towels so we are bringing our own. . . .
We are renting through All Star Vacation Homes, would they even give us the owners information? I would think that they rent through this agency so not to have to bother with the renters, but I really don't know. At least that's the way it works with the homes up here?? Has anyone rented through ASVH?

Old 05-31-2012, 09:05 AM   #11
rellinge
Earning My Ears

As an aside, for the future I wouldn't rent through a middle-man like All*Star. You're paying a mark-up and not getting anything extra for it. That being said, All*Star should be able to give you the answers to your question for the home you are renting.
rellinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:33 AM   #12
dtum
DIS Veteran

we rented from Romancing the Mouse and had an initial supply of everything. Since we drove, I brought extra tp. We went to super target twice, but it was just for fresh food. Never needed laundry products or dish washer soap. We always bring our own toiletries because we like our own brands so no need for those little ones.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Windsor Hills (Romancing the Mouse) - June 2011 (me, DH,DD, SIL, GS, DS)
Emerald Island (Puff's Vacation Home-Tropical Retreat) - July 2013 (everyone!)
dtum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #13
BarbieSmith
Mouseketeer

Quick note that there is a Super Target within 2 miles or so for any thing you might forget!
Barbie
BarbieSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #14
7165red
DIS Veteran

We rented through orlandovillas.com and all villas wee completely socked along with a gift basket.
7165red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:15 AM   #15
JANNYANS
DIS Veteran

When you rent through Orlandovillas you are actually renting direct from the owner as orlandovillas.com is a listing site