Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #1
PJB71
DIS Veteran

Suggestions for slightly older "ladies" with no children

Hi all

As the thread suggests my DSIL is looking to visit Florida for a month over December&January with 3of her friends all who have no children.

She has asked me for some advise but As for the last 15 years our holiday has always been planned around our DD's I'm a little flummoxed as to what to suggest

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated
Old 02-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
wifey
DIS Veteran

Hello there, you might need to work out things like will they have a hire car or be using other transportation? There are lots if things to see do and participate in Florida not just theme parks (fun for all ages any way lots of show it's not all thrill rides) ther are plenty of museums and art galleries and antique fair and shops and gardens and unusual old homes and quaint towns and cowboy ranches and riding stables. Maybe get a look at some Florida guide books for some ideas to discuss and go from there. Most good book stores stock them. You might need to ask where they will be staying too to work out how far they feel comfortable travelling once they get away for the day. Good Luck.

Food Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2204927

Trip Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286975

Trip Report 2007 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1508500[img]

June 1998 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2000 AS Music Jazz 2510, September 2002 SpringHill Suites MV, February 2004 AS Movies Purdey 4960, June 2005 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2005 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Last trip 21st June 2007 AS Movies,September 2009 First time at Port Orleans French Quarter,Next trip Yacht club (club level)August 2013
Me DH NielDS Ethan
wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 03:12 AM   #3
scoobydooby
Dreaming of next Disney trip

Behind the seeds tour at Epcot and Keys to the World Tour at MK maybe? How about the tea at the Grand Floridian, that sounds like it would be fun for four more mature ladies together. A spa session at one of the spa hotels?
Old 02-10-2013, 05:51 AM   #4
juliebro
Has been visited
Has been known to use cable ties

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJB71 View Post
Hi all

As the thread suggests my DSIL is looking to visit Florida for a month over December&January with 3of her friends all who have no children.

She has asked me for some advise but As for the last 15 years our holiday has always been planned around our DD's I'm a little flummoxed as to what to suggest

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated
How adventurous are they?

DH and I go on our own these days - but still love the thrill rides and like to pack in lots of experiences every trip. As well as the parks, we've done jazz festivals, ridealong in a NASCAR, jetskiing, plus much much more.

I've done some live trip reports which might have some ideas for you - but it depends more on their sense of adventure than their age, I would suggest.
Apr 2009 - Emerald Island, Hard Rock Hotel, Apr 2010 - Emerald Island, Apr 2011 - Emerald Island
Apr 2012 - Emerald Island, Apr 2013 - Emerald Island, Apr 2014 - Emerald Island
juliebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:59 AM   #5
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

How about all of them booking Lunch with an Imagineer? https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...-an-imagineer/

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: