Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #16
fredgirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

If you end up with this storm be careful, it is coming very fine, very fast. Going to send the kids out in it soon! Didn't you just get a big storm down there not too long ago?
Yeah, we've had our fair share of big storms this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
Thank you, ladies!!!

Now, I think I may just do a little online shopping to pass this snowy day. You guys have inspired me . If we don't end up making the trip this weekend, I will be saving myself a good chunk of change in hotel, gas and meal costs, and if I can get some good deals online, then its win-win all around. That's my story anyway . And if DH wants to protest (not that he would, God love him ), I'll just tell him it was all pigletto's idea .
Sounds like, what my husband calls, 'Mummy Math'!

5-night Wonder from Miami trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078323

It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - Pooh
fredgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #17
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
Thank you, ladies!!!

Now, I think I may just do a little online shopping to pass this snowy day. You guys have inspired me . If we don't end up making the trip this weekend, I will be saving myself a good chunk of change in hotel, gas and meal costs, and if I can get some good deals online, then its win-win all around. That's my story anyway . And if DH wants to protest (not that he would, God love him ), I'll just tell him it was all pigletto's idea .
Sounds like a plan!! I'll take the fall for the online shopping with your dh and your son can take the fall for my 8 year olds new cheese stick stretching habit
pigletto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #18
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredgirls View Post
Sounds like, what my husband calls, 'Mummy Math'!
Ohhhhh, I like that!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Sounds like a plan!! I'll take the fall for the online shopping with your dh and your son can take the fall for my 8 year olds new cheese stick stretching habit
Hee hee ..... I should be sorry about that, but I'm not. It's too fun!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #19
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Yay! 28 days and counting, but no snow day here - busses were cancelled but all schools are open, and DW (teacher) and I are working. But at about this time in 4 short weeks we'll be hopping in the car so we can be sitting in front of the school as soon as the bell rings.

This weekend's plan is to do the meal and grocery planning for our Orlando week, and perhaps a first test pack of the suitcases. We're trying to go carry-on only this time as WestJet changed our direct flight to one through Toronto with a short connection time. We want to have our bags with us so we can skoot through customs in TO.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:22 AM   #20
Golden Amik
Is it summer yet?

bankr63: Are you flying out of Winnipeg? Sounds like we are in the same boat with Westjet flight change and transfer in TO down to 1 hour and 20 minutes. Considering carry on only, but not sure we can swing it.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #21
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Joining in a bit late but I finally got the suitcases out (traveling with two carry-ons) this trip.
I just got an email from Air Canada that my departure time has changed from 10 am to 6:30 Am
I'm still debating getting the Quick Service Dining Plan as I'm not sure if I'll be able to make good use of it During the Flower and garden Festival. I know they are going to set up new booths this year with food.

I got my March ADR for the Wishes Dessert Party!
now to sort through all my spring/summer stuff.
Happy planning everyone!

Hugs Mel
bababear_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #22
Sunseeker2012
Live for today

Started packing today as we are home bound due to the storm.....if I don't pack enough clothes, I'll have to go shopping, isn't that a shame...lol
Old 02-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #23
fredgirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunseeker2012 View Post
Started packing today as we are home bound due to the storm.....if I don't pack enough clothes, I'll have to go shopping, isn't that a shame...lol
Home bound too. Literally snowed in! Some pretty big snow drifts!
We too started packing. As predicted, shorts too short and swimsuits too small. sigh. American Eagle has shorts in already, so we're good there. Anyone got any good places to buy swimsuits at this time of year? Online doesn't work for eldest daughter - i've made that expensive mistake before -teens need to try things on!

5-night Wonder from Miami trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078323

It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - Pooh
Old 02-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #24
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Also trying on and beginning our pre packing ritual. Make a list of what we need to pick up.

Our kitty is also a suitcase sleeper so they have to wait a bit longer. This weekend our school district cancelled all extra curricular activities. Next weekend is provincials for our bball team and the next weekend is districts.

Somehow, we will pack it all in!
Old 02-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #25
fredgirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Also trying on and beginning our pre packing ritual. Make a list of what we need to pick up.

Our kitty is also a suitcase sleeper so they have to wait a bit longer. This weekend our school district cancelled all extra curricular activities. Next weekend is provincials for our bball team and the next weekend is districts.

Somehow, we will pack it all in!
I can't wait for basketball to be over!
But then volleyball starts!
I didn't miss everything being cancelled today!

Old 02-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #26
NFLDERS
DIS Veteran

Cool Forgot the try them on!

We are in Niagara, spent the day digging out. DS and DDL made the trip to a
Mississauga Mall to get Notarized permission form for us. We are taking our Grandson (6yrs old) to the Bahamas on Feb. 21st/Disney Wonder. Really glad I read your messages, I totally forgot to try on my clothes!

Instead, I've been thinking about when we should tell him. Not too early that his Mom and Dad have longer excitement to cope with. Given the Storms we have been having, I want to monitor the weather, just incase it looks like a
Cancelled vacation as well.

Keeping positive with thoughts of How to tell him. We are planning an empty suitcase, opened with a Disney Cruise book, and a Shirt (Disney Logo) the only items inside. Of course camera rolling.

Just hoping his Golden Retriever doesn't try to sit on it. He is 75lbs.!

Wishing everyone safe travel and smooth sailing.
NFLDERS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #27
mtmbyck
I AM Canadian eh!

My cat sleeps in our suitcase too - remember on the news the lady that got toDisney and her cat was in her luggage - alive and well.....

My two weeds (DHs) have outgrown all of their shorts so we need to do some 10pm shopping when we arrive as we have a meeting with Mickey at 9am the first full day we are there!

Gina.....did you make it to Burlington? Guessingno as that weather didn't let up at all last night.

Bankr63.......I had to check and see if you were my daughters Favourite teacher Mr Ross....she said it wasn't you. Sorry you had to work. We are west of the city and when the buses don't run, no one goes to school as most of the kids are bused!

I made a grocery list....need to begin a list of things that need to get done.....dog walkers, US cash, book airport transportation (in Ottawa).......I just need to keep my mind on Orlando to keep warm!

Happy planning all!
mtmbyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #28
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmbyck View Post
Gina.....did you make it to Burlington? Guessing no as that weather didn't let up at all last night.
No ma'am. The coach emailed us around noon saying he had cancelled our participation in the tournament for the entire weekend due to the storm. I was so relieved. Our whole city had pretty much shut down as it was.....they even closed the YMCA. I could not imagine making the journey to Burlington in that blizzard.

I am so envious of ya'll who are escaping Old Man Winter in just a few short weeks!!!!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #29
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredgirls View Post
I can't wait for basketball to be over!
But then volleyball starts!
I didn't miss everything being cancelled today!
I'm with you all with waiting for the end of basketball. We have house league and travel and dh coaches. So an average week is 2 nights a week and Saturday mornings with tournaments every few weekends. Next weekend is another tournament and there is an exhibition game this week so it's 4 week nights and all day Saturday. Dh and my son LOVE it though so I keep the complaining to a minimum
And you're right, when basketball ends it will be time for tennis and soccer so really I am used to it at this point
pigletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:41 AM   #30
Ted in Halifax
Over a 2,000 mile drive from Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmbyck View Post
My cat sleeps in our suitcase too -
Same here!
May 2007 Fort Wilderness Cabins, Feb 2009 Pop Century, Nov 2009 Port Orleans Riverside, March 2010 Pop Century AP, May 2010 All Star Music AP, Nov 2010 POP Century AP, Feb 2011 Port Orleans Riverside AP, March 2012 AKV, March 2012 Disney Dream, March 2012 BWV, Feb 2013 POP AP, March 2013 AKL AP, July 2013 AKL AP, Dec 2013 Coronado Springs AP, Dec 2013 Saratoga Springs AP, and Dec 2013 POR French Quarter AP,
Ted in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: