DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
TEK224

Never gets tired of hearing "You're going to Disney again?!"

BCV or AKV

I'll be going in Aug., taking my 16 y/o nephew and 14 y/o niece. They both have been to WDW with me before, staying at BWV. This time they want to stay at BCV. I tried to book today, but BCV is not available. So I booked BWV and waitlisted for BCV.

My thinking is that at least at BWV we could still walk to Epcot of DHS, eat at ESPN and just chill out ono the BW. If the waitlist comes through, great. We'll just go to the other side of the lake.

But... I was going to see if the kids wanted to stay at AKL. I've never stayed there (it just seems too far from everything), but I thought it would be cool to sit on the balcony and look out over the savannah. As of now, both Jambo and Kidani have SV rooms available. If the kids want to stay there, which would be better. I don't think we'll be IN the rooms that much. What is there to do around the resort if we want to have a day to just relax?
Which would be better to try to book Kidani or Jambo? and why?
Old 02-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

I think Jambo is the better option between and J and K, but honestly I think kids that age will have at better time at BWV. There's much more nightlife there than AKL. Plus, after a couple of days the Savanah view can get kind of boring..
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
cvjw
DIS Veteran

I have 17 and 14 year old sons who absolutely love staying at Kidani Village. It is probably their favorite resort. They never tire of sitting on the balcony watching the animals. We have stayed at both Jambo and Kidani Village and prefer Kidani for the larger villas with the extra bathroom. We also enjoy the KV pool and the underground parking.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:22 PM   #4
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

With two teenagers getting ready in the morning, the 2nd bathroom at Kidani (in 1 bedroom+) would come in handy ...
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:54 AM   #5
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

If they wanted BCV for the pool...don't change. I wasn't impressed with either pool at AKL...K pool is small and water warm in the summer....J pool is boring...find out why they want BCV....
Old 02-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #6
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

I can't help with your decision-all I can say is "Good luck!" deciding. I've done so many split stays between BCV and AKV, and I just can't decide which I like better. However, I've gotta say that with teenagers, 2 Baths at Kidani would probably sway me.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #7
TEK224

Never gets tired of hearing "You're going to Disney again?!"

Thanks for the replies. I'll only be booking a studio, so I don't think they have 2 bathrooms.

My niece picked the Beach Club, I think in part for the pool, but also to relax on the lounge chairs on the beach section. Of course they both told me they want to get to the parks early and stay late, so I don't know how much beach time we'll actually get!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #8
joelp
DIS Veteran

If you decide not to stay at AKL, I recommend taking some time and visiting the resort and having dinner at Boma ... you won't be disappointed!

Well, maybe you will ... because you decided NOT to stay there ...

Off site - 8/76, 10/90, 10/94; POFQ - 5/07; AKL - 12/08; AKL - 9/09; Off site - 6/10; AS Movies - 3/11;
AKV-Kidani - 11/12; AKV-Jambo - 11/13 ; AKV-Jambo - 12/14

Dec 2008 Trip report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post29702539
Sep 2009 Trip Report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post34156519
Sep 2009 TR continued (but never finished) at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post36403597
March 2011 PTR at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2643038
joelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #9
amypetecar
DIS Veteran

Jambo for, access to the lobby, restaurants, and mara counter service
amypetecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #10
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

with a 1-bedroom and up - Kidani

but for a studio - Jambo house - a studio is a studio -think the one I saw at Kidani house was a little bigger - but not worth giving up Jambo House.

you have everything right there. they even have a night show in the lobby - it can be fun.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:46 AM   #11
BLTisforME
Headed to Orlando.... again!

Our home resort is BLT and I "flirt" with the idea of AKL but just can't do it because of how far out it feels. Have stayed at BCV and loved it. Would stick with the Epcot area with kids that age. I recently toured both AKL K & AKL J. Really liked it but still question being that far removed.
BLTisforME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #12
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Could you do a split stay to experience both resorts?
Old 02-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #13
Disnut4925
Mouseketeer

We LOVE staying in a savannah view room at AKV because we get such a thrill seeing the beautiful animals, like the giraffes! If your niece and nephew like animals AKV SV is worth it. It's so cool to see them from your balcony IF you love that kind of thing. We don't mind the location of the resort, but we always have a car. Jambo for the convenience (Mara) even though both Jambo and Kidani are great.
Disnut4925 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: