Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 11:56 PM   #1
ryandkris
Earning My Ears

Frozen By Indecision

I can't decide where to stay. We have a few quotes, and they all sound good, but I can't pick.

My family and I get TWO weeks with my husband (he's deployed for a year and gets to come home in March) and we can only be "on vacation" for one of them. I want it to be perfect.

I am having trouble committing to a house. I know what features we want. Privacy is huge since we only get two weeks, so we want a house with our own pool and hot tub. My husband would like a game room for days he doesn't feel like going anywhere. I would like a nice tub. The kids want themed rooms. We'd like it within 10 miles of Disney. We need it on a military budget.

It seems like we can get MOST of these. But each of the houses I've found are missing at least one component, and I'm having trouble deciding which one to let go.

Which one would you let go and why?
ryandkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:30 AM   #2
formill
DIS Veteran

Any villa we have stayed in the games room does not really get used no matter how nice it has been so I would give that up and themed bedrooms -just need them nice. Privacy and the hot tub are what we always look for! We prefer the stand alone style hot tubs as opposed to ones that are attached to the pool.
formill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #3
dougsmom98
DIS Veteran

I don't know if this place has availability for your dates, but we have been staying here for 4 years and are going back next week. http://www.vrbo.com/46990
It's a big house, but the price is good. I don't know how many miles away it is from Disney, but it is an easy 15 minute ride to the parks. A lot of this community is residential, so you get a lot of privacy and it is very peaceful. The king en suite bedrooms are fantastic and we love the pool and hot tub. We use the pool table a lot and there is a Play Station 2 here as well. The house is always clean and we just love it.

Up next - Off Site @ Grand Reserve April, 2015
1st Trip Dec 2002 - Holiday Inn Nicki Bird, 2nd Trip June 2004 - Fantasy World Villas, 3rd Trip Feb 2006 - Windsor Palms, 4th Trip Feb 2007 - Regal Palms, 5th Trip Feb 2008 - Solana Resort, 6th Trip Feb 2009 - Windwood Bay, 7th Trip Feb 2010 - Grand Reserve, 8th trip Feb 2011 - Grand Reserve, 9th trip Feb 2012 Grand Reserve, 10th trip April 2012 Disney Land - Castle Inn and Suites, 11th trip Feb 2013 Grand Reserve, 12th Trip Feb 2014 Grand Reserve
dougsmom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #4
7165red
DIS Veteran

We did stay at two four bedroom villas very pvt. in Lindfields . One had a separate hot tub, it's name is Dolphin Song. It might fit your needs.
7165red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #5
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran

Good Luck! Don't forget the is Shades of Green military resort and websites just for military members like:

http://www.militaryresortrentals.com...6/Default.aspx

If your husband has a favorite video game console, bring it with you anywhere you stay. Also, lots of resorts do not advertise a military rate, but if you call and ask will tell you if one is available for your dates.

How many and what ages are in your party? Of your list, the kids may have to let go of the theme room idea since that doesn't really matter in the long run of things. What constitute a game room? A pool table?
4kids4karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #6
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Oh...I see you are going in March. The place we've booked seems perfect (if Mario bedspreads and a mural count as themed bedrooms!), but it's full-up for March. Sorry. (http://www.vrbo.com/285446) But at least you can see it does exist...

As far as what to give up, I'd give up the themed bedrooms. I looked for that too, but it never seemed to co-exist with the other things we wanted, or it booked up fast.

We didn't use the games room as much as we thought we would last time we rented, but with kids, you can't just head out for an adult evening. It was nice after the kids went to bed to grab a beer and have a game of pool. I wouldn't give up privacy either, though so far we have lucked out and our neighbours never seemed to be using their pool the same time we were in ours.

Good luck, I hope you have a fabulous time. You deserve a perfect family vacation!

1st trip May/June 06
Jan/Feb 07, same crew at CBR. DCL Magic Eastern Dec 07 CSR Sept 2009
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa

PTR/TR Without the Mouse Round 2
TR: First visit to Universal/SeaWorld Feb 2011

Last edited by coastgirl; 02-09-2013 at 10:59 AM. Reason: correct link--update
coastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #7
ryandkris
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by formill View Post
Any villa we have stayed in the games room does not really get used no matter how nice it has been so I would give that up and themed bedrooms -just need them nice. Privacy and the hot tub are what we always look for! We prefer the stand alone style hot tubs as opposed to ones that are attached to the pool.
This is good information to have concerning the game room. I think my husband was wanting one for days where he didn't really want to spend a ton of time at the park, but if the pool is nice, then we'll probably spend extra time in that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougsmom98 View Post
I don't know if this place has availability for your dates, but we have been staying here for 4 years and are going back next week.
It's a big house, but the price is good. I don't know how many miles away it is from Disney, but it is an easy 15 minute ride to the parks. A lot of this community is residential, so you get a lot of privacy and it is very peaceful. The king en suite bedrooms are fantastic and we love the pool and hot tub. We use the pool table a lot and there is a Play Station 2 here as well. The house is always clean and we just love it.
That is gorgeous. With a little one, though, we'd like to stay closer so that coming back to the house will be a bit more convenient, just in case we want to zip back out after nap time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7165red View Post
We did stay at two four bedroom villas very pvt. in Lindfields . One had a separate hot tub, it's name is Dolphin Song. It might fit your needs.
One of the ones we're considering is in Lindfields. It seems very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kids4karen View Post
Good Luck! Don't forget the is Shades of Green military resort and websites just for military members like: <link removed>

If your husband has a favorite video game console, bring it with you anywhere you stay. Also, lots of resorts do not advertise a military rate, but if you call and ask will tell you if one is available for your dates.

How many and what ages are in your party? Of your list, the kids may have to let go of the theme room idea since that doesn't really matter in the long run of things. What constitute a game room? A pool table?
I don't think I knew about this site! Thanks! Shades of Green is out, simply because my husband really likes the idea of having a whole house. Not much privacy where he is, so he'd like some when he's home.

We have ages 10, 12, and almost 2. The themed rooms are the most likely to go away. Only one of the houses on our shortlist has them, and it is the most expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastgirl View Post
Oh...I see you are going in March. The place we've booked seems perfect (if Mario bedspreads and a mural count as themed bedrooms!), but it's full-up for March. Sorry. (<link removed>) But at least you can see it does exist...

As far as what to give up, I'd give up the themed bedrooms. I looked for that too, but it never seemed to co-exist with the other things we wanted, or it booked up fast.

We didn't use the games room as much as we thought we would last time we rented, but with kids, you can't just head out for an adult evening. It was nice after the kids went to bed to grab a beer and have a game of pool. I wouldn't give up privacy either, though so far we have lucked out and our neighbours never seemed to be using their pool the same time we were in ours.

Good luck, I hope you have a fabulous time. You deserve a perfect family vacation!

Thank you! My son would have loved the Mario rooms.
ryandkris is offline   Reply With Quote