Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 10:37 PM   #46
TheQueenMum
Minding the Princesses

We are in! I'll start a shared FE list on google docs that we can all add to/edit. Stay tuned!

and two very tolerant dogs.

TheQueenMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:49 PM   #47
TheQueenMum
Minding the Princesses

Here's a google doc we can all use!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...G9VWUxaMGZjTXc

Can't wait to see everyone

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #48
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Thank you for starting that. I personally have very little computer skills.

Join THE DIS DAD'S CLUB Here![/QUOTE]
tokyodisneydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:23 PM   #49
TheQueenMum
Minding the Princesses

No problem! Let me know if anyone needs help adding thier information.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #50
chasshan
calgirl6

Thanks for the FE doc.
I was checking stateroom availability(to possibly change rooms) and it sure looks like this boat is filling up fast. We've never done a NYE cruise before, but I assume it will be maximum capacity.

I'm surprised our group is so small, but it is early and maybe more will join as time goes on.

Shanna
chasshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:53 PM   #51
betsy918
Mouseketeer

Hi all..My daughter (10 at time of cruise) and I will be doing a back-to-back-to-back, with this cruise the middle of the 3. It's still cheaper than a 7 night on the Fantasy at the same time. We will be in 5522 which we've had before and loved. We live on the coast of California, 70 miles south of San Francisco. These will be our 7th, 8th, and 9th Disney cruises. We cruised during Christmas last year, and I'm really looking forward to spending New Years doing our favorite activity, Disney cruising!
Back-to-Back Bahamas Dream Oct. 2012
Gold Status in less than 1 year!
Fathers Day Fantasy Eastern 2013
Upcoming
Back-to-Back
Wonder: September 27-Oct 1, 2015 California Coast
Oct. 1-4, 2015 Baja

Last edited by betsy918; 01-20-2013 at 05:00 PM.
betsy918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #52
chasshan
calgirl6

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsy918 View Post
Hi all..My daughter (10 at time of cruise) and I will be doing a back-to-back-to-back, with this cruise the middle of the 3. It's still cheaper than a 7 night on the Fantasy at the same time. We will be in 5522 which we've had before and loved. We live on the coast of California, 70 miles south of San Francisco. These will be our 7th, 8th, and 9th Disney cruises. We cruised during Christmas last year, and I'm really looking forward to spending New Years doing our favorite activity, Disney cruising!

Welcome Aboard!!
How fun! That's interesting that a 7 night cruise is so much more, maybe because of the itinerary and ports of call/fees? When you get off the ship, do you leave the port or just wait in the check-in area? Do you have different rooms for each cruise?
I was re-reading the 4 pages of posts just now and see that "peterpan4" (this might not be exactly correct spelling; I'm going by memory) had the same stateroom as you now have, so I wonder if they are still sailing or maybe just changed rooms?

I know exactly where you live. My grandparents live there, my mother-in-law lives there, and my mom lived there from about age 10 I think. I was born in Watsonville, nearby, and lived in Salinas till I was 9, then we moved north.
What a coincidence. Not many people on board the Disney Dream would know where Scott's Valley is.

Again, Welcome aboard! I hope we can meet and say "hi".
Shanna
Old 01-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #53
betsy918
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=chasshan;47316606]Welcome Aboard!!
How fun! That's interesting that a 7 night cruise is so much more, maybe because of the itinerary and ports of call/fees? When you get off the ship, do you leave the port or just wait in the check-in area? Do you have different rooms for each cruise?
I was re-reading the 4 pages of posts just now and see that "peterpan4" (this might not be exactly correct spelling; I'm going by memory) had the same stateroom as you now have, so I wonder if they are still sailing or maybe just changed rooms?

I know exactly where you live. My grandparents live there, my mother-in-law lives there, and my mom lived there from about age 10 I think. I was born in Watsonville, nearby, and lived in Salinas till I was 9, then we moved north.
What a coincidence. Not many people on board the Disney Dream would know where Scott's Valley is.

Hi there! I noticed someone else claiming this room in an earlier post as well. Freaked me out so much I double checked all my reservations to make sure I really had it, and I do. We will not have to change rooms this time, last time we did. It's going to make a big difference only having to unpack and pack once! Last time, we got off the ship for about 45 minutes before we were allowed to check in, then back on. It was nice to hang by the pool with just the one other family doing a b2b.

I'd love to meet you on the cruise. Exactly where in gold country are you? Hope it works out that all your kids get to go with you.
Betsy
Back-to-Back Bahamas Dream Oct. 2012
Gold Status in less than 1 year!
Fathers Day Fantasy Eastern 2013
Upcoming
Back-to-Back
Wonder: September 27-Oct 1, 2015 California Coast
Oct. 1-4, 2015 Baja
betsy918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #54
chasshan
calgirl6

[QUOTE=betsy918;47324445]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasshan View Post
Welcome Aboard!!

Hi there! I noticed someone else claiming this room in an earlier post as well. Freaked me out so much I double checked all my reservations to make sure I really had it, and I do. We will not have to change rooms this time, last time we did. It's going to make a big difference only having to unpack and pack once! Last time, we got off the ship for about 45 minutes before we were allowed to check in, then back on. It was nice to hang by the pool with just the one other family doing a b2b.

I'd love to meet you on the cruise. Exactly where in gold country are you? Hope it works out that all your kids get to go with you.
Betsy

Hi,
That's great you don't have to change rooms, and you get to leave your things in the room too! That's great! And I'm glad Disney didn't double book your room. The other family must have switched rooms or dropped out.

We live in the tiny town of Greenwood. We are 7 miles from Cool and 5 miles from Georgetown. It takes us about a half hour to get to Auburn or Placerville and about 45 minutes to Roseville or Folsom.....1 hour to downtown Sacramento/I-5 area. We live on what us locals call the Divide. To get to any of these larger cities we have to drive down into a canyon, cross the American River and then go back up out of the canyon. My kids call it "the curvy road". It feels pretty remote and rural, but it's nice being about 30 minutes from most places and no traffic.

Well, only 11 months to go for our cruise. It seems like a long time, but I know it will pass quickly.

Shanna
Old 02-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #55
TravelNicholas
Earning My Ears

My family (me/42, DH/57, DS/13 and DD/12) will be joining you all! We have 2 inside connecting cabins booked. It'll be our 12th cruise (2nd with Disney) - first time in an inside. I'm sure it'll be fine and we are really looking forward to it - we never travel over the holidays so this will be a first for us. We'll be coming in from Los Angeles and spending two days at WDW beforehand. Air for the dates finally opened up on American Airlines this week and we are official! Got our non-stop round-trip tickets for $358/person - yay!
Disney World - CS 12/13
Disney Cruise - Dream 12/13
Aulani - 6/14
Completed:
Disneyland - (too many to count in 70's, 80's and 90's!), 8/03, 4/04, 3/05, 3/06, 6/06, 3/07, 4/08, 9/08, 8/09, 12/09, 6/10, 6/11, 2/12, 8/12, 9/12, 10/12, 12/12, 4/13, 8/13
Disney World - YC 7/07, CBR 6/09, YC 4/12, AKL 6/12, BC 2/13, POFQ 7/13
Disney Cruise - Wonder 7/07
Aulani - 11/11
TravelNicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:32 AM   #56
chasshan
calgirl6

Welcome Jessica and family!
Another California family too.
One of my sons will be 13 for the cruise too.
And thanks for the great tip on the AA airfare; we usually fly southwest, but that's a pretty good price. Pretty sad that when we flew to MCO in '08 and '09 we paid $200-$224 per roundtrip ticket, and I don't even think that was a sale or special, with Southwest.

I'm sure the inside cabins will be fine, and hey, you'll have 2 bathrooms for the 4 of you. That's probably a better ratio than most onboard will have!

Hope we can meet and say hi,
Shanna
Old 02-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #57
momof2tx
Earning My Ears

We booked today! Me, husband, DD (12), DS (14)

Looking forward to a "Dream" New Year's Eve! We are from Dallas / Fort Worth, Texas.

Last edited by momof2tx; 02-20-2013 at 06:01 PM. Reason: add
momof2tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #58
momof2tx
Earning My Ears

FE info for us

screen name: momof2tx

names are: Clint & Laurie Swinney, kids are Brandon & Emily
Staterooms are 9600 & 9602. We will have the FE outside one of the rooms.
momof2tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #59
cardidog
Mouseketeer

FE info sent

Hi! I sent our info by pm to TheQueenMum----hopefully it was received? If not, I can re-send it:-)
Old 02-23-2013, 10:35 AM   #60
pittsburghmarc
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone!

I would love to set my DD7 and DD4 (8 and 5 at time of cruise) with pen pals!

If anyone has children in that range, I think it would be great for the kids to have a friend to meet.

Thanks. It will be here before you know it!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: