Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #2896
JM1226
Mouseketeer

Crib in AOA

Do they have them? If they do and you requested one...how are they? Will my 3yr old have enough room as she's on the taller side?
Old 02-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #2897
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimber11 View Post
I wish we had of set aside more time just to stay at the resort and enjoy it. We were at a park each day but could have easily been just as entertained staying at the resort all day. The pools are incredible and the decorations are amazing. Te!
we will be there for 6 days and I've set aside a lot more "resort time" than usual, just for AoA.

Day 1 - we should be at AoA by 11:00 a.m. and then we have Chef Mickey ressies at 5:00 so we have most of the afternoon to just hang at AoA.

Day 4 - morning EMH at AK, plan to be done with AK by 1:00-2:00 then back to AoA for the afternoon/evening.

Day 6 - morning ADR at Boma, then back to AoA for the morning/early afternoon and head over to MK late afternoon.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #2898
Mom2Luci
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreli View Post
We are SO excited to be going to WDW in August and staying in a LM room at AoA. I am sure we will end up in the furthest building and my 7 yr old will have a cow with the walk. But more importantly are there really working lights in the headboard and do they light up the room? My kids sleep with more than night lights on. Are there really 'fridges and TVs in every LM room? We are toying with the idea of having snacks shipped to the room.
Thanks!!
Yes, there are lights in the headboard, and yes they light up the room The fridge is in the cabinet under the TV.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #2899
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM1226 View Post
Do they have them? If they do and you requested one...how are they? Will my 3yr old have enough room as she's on the taller side?
I assume AoA is also using the same style of Graco pack-n-plays used at other resorts. If you're familiar with those, you'll have to decide if your 3 year old will be comfortable it one. I think at age 3 was the last time my child used the crib at Pop. Subsequent visits we started using the regular bed.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 02-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #2900
JM1226
Mouseketeer

Will there be enough room in the FN in the bedroom for a full size crib? I just rented one from ABBF for our trip to Disney.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #2901
pisc0011
Earning My Ears

We are going in April and we are beyond excited!! I have a couple questions though

1. Is there any kind of sound machine in the room?
2. How are the buses to Dtd and back? Is it a shared Bus to Dtd or just for AOA?
3. In the LM rooms is there room for a twin air mattress?
Old 02-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #2902
Idreamofmickey
Mouseketeer

We will be there this week and we also rented a crib from ABBF. I will report back how well the crib fits in the suite.

1995 Off site (February)
1999 POR (October)
2007 ASSP (March)
2008 ASMO (January)
2008 ASMO (September-free dining)
2009 POP (February-My birthday trip)
2010 POP (November-It's about time trip)
Old 02-09-2013, 10:01 PM   #2903
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisc0011
We are going in April and we are beyond excited!! I have a couple questions though

1. Is there any kind of sound machine in the room?
2. How are the buses to Dtd and back? Is it a shared Bus to Dtd or just for AOA?
3. In the LM rooms is there room for a twin air mattress?
1. No sound machine that I know of.
2. We didn't wait long for a bus to or from DTD, but we went in the off season. AoA doesn't share a bus with any other resort.
3. Can't answer this from personal experience, but based on what others have said, fitting one will be a pretty tight squeeze.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
Old 02-10-2013, 12:01 AM   #2904
Lyn-CA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM1226 View Post
Will there be enough room in the FN in the bedroom for a full size crib? I just rented one from ABBF for our trip to Disney.
Yes. We put the crib that we rented from ABBF right against the bed and there was still room left to access the master bath. Here's a pic to give you a visual.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:36 AM   #2905
DISvirgin1
Mouseketeer

We are leaving in less than a week, and after reading through the thread a couple of questions have come up. We are booked in a LM room.

1. Requesting a King size bed. I understood that the rooms have two full size and DH and I are already worried about how well we will sleep on that tiny bed. I saw a post where someone said you can request a king sixe bed in the LM room - so can we request a King size bed for the LM room?

2. A little nervous about what building we will be in, and what our view will be. From someone who has already stayed, should I put in a request for a certain building or view?

3. I did not think the LM rooms had a coffee maker, only the suites, is that correct?

This is our first time staying on property and DH has already been grousing about the extra costs, lack of space, etc. etc. So I want to try to make this as magical as possible (at least so I don't have to listen to him go on ) Thank you all in advance!
February 2013 Second Visit - AoA LM Room
February 2011 First Visit - LBV Best Western
Old 02-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #2906
DISvirgin1
Mouseketeer

Okay so a king size bed would leave the kids on the floor. No go
February 2013 Second Visit - AoA LM Room
February 2011 First Visit - LBV Best Western
Old 02-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #2907
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISvirgin1 View Post
We are leaving in less than a week, and after reading through the thread a couple of questions have come up. We are booked in a LM room.

1. Requesting a King size bed. I understood that the rooms have two full size and DH and I are already worried about how well we will sleep on that tiny bed. I saw a post where someone said you can request a king sixe bed in the LM room - so can we request a King size bed for the LM room?

2. A little nervous about what building we will be in, and what our view will be. From someone who has already stayed, should I put in a request for a certain building or view?

3. I did not think the LM rooms had a coffee maker, only the suites, is that correct?
Sounds like you already figured out that the LM rooms with a king size bed contain only one bed.

If your priority is a view, then you can consider requesting a lake view room in building 7. Out the window would be Hourglass Lake and Pop Century. Keep in mind that all the windows at LM face the exterior walkway first, so the view is beyond that.

The LM rooms do not have a coffee maker.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 02-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #2908
sunnydays28
Mouseketeer

Kings are for 1or 2 people only. You can not have the king size bed for more than 2 people--reservations will not accept it and if it is requested they will not give it to you on arrival.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #2909
zurgswife
WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is better!!!

My dd fell in love with AoA last year. We spent the afternoon wandering a round last summer. Well i bit the bullet and booked 5 days this summer. More then I wanted to spend but the numbers of kids going has increased...so I suite is more then worth it....

I think I'll surprise her since we are driving this year she won't know until we pull up.....can't wait.

In Honor of Robin Costello I will miss you my dear friend.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #2910
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydays28
Kings are for 1or 2 people only. You can not have the king size bed for more than 2 people--reservations will not accept it and if it is requested they will not give it to you on arrival.
My sister got a king bed at POP with a roll away bed. There were 3 adults in the room. My aunt, grandma, and sister.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: