Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 11:23 PM   #1
fostrmom2mny
DIS Veteran

Anyone Part of the Disney Movie Club?

I'm considering joining, but don't have a promotion code and would like to have one. Plus I am wondering if I order two of the same movie,will that account for my required number of movies purchased peryear? (I know it is after the welcome deal) Another question, If I join the DVD format, what is the average cost per DVD? It tells the beginning price of $19.99, but doesn't give you an average charge. I now have two granddaughters and want to start a Disney library for them both. When I just had one, I could just share my copies, but I can see that being a problem in the future since they are from different families

Thanks for any input and I'd love to hear about others experiance with the DMC. Thanks.

fostrmom2mny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #2
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02
The inside of the Tangled clothes are not that pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fostrmom2mny View Post
I'm considering joining, but don't have a promotion code and would like to have one. Plus I am wondering if I order two of the same movie,will that account for my required number of movies purchased peryear? (I know it is after the welcome deal) Another question, If I join the DVD format, what is the average cost per DVD? It tells the beginning price of $19.99, but doesn't give you an average charge. I now have two granddaughters and want to start a Disney library for them both. When I just had one, I could just share my copies, but I can see that being a problem in the future since they are from different families

Thanks for any input and I'd love to hear about others experiance with the DMC. Thanks.

Been a member for over 10 yrs and I have no complaints. Right now I get 50% off all other movies I buy after the first full priced one. A lot of the time it is 60% off. You should get offers like that once you have purchased all required movies. I also get a free pin with each order.

Shipping costs per DVD.

-- $3.95 Standard* (10 days)
-- ($5.44 shipping & processing for a Box Set. $2.98 shipping & processing on additional boxed sets on the same order)
-- $1.49 Each Additional Selection (all options)

You can buy as many copies of each movie as you want and each will count towards your required purchase. Plus they have lots of movies that are harder to find.

I PM'ed you.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
fostrmom2mny
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much! I appreciate your input and info.

fostrmom2mny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #4
lizabu
DIS Veteran

I'm on my second time through Disney Movie club. I really liked the start up offer they give you so after I completed my obligation I had them close my account so I could sign up again. I'm thinking about doing it again soon. That start up offer is pretty good. Buying the five movies is easy. They're all movies I'm going to buy anyways. I live in Canada and there always seems to be a glitch when I try to preorder movies so I don't do that anymore. I've tried it a couple times and when it's time to ship it doesn't so then I have to call them and have them manually put it through on their computers.

One thing I should mention is when you do the buy one get the second movie 50% off only the full price movie counts towards your commitment. It's such a good deal and the second movie ships free so it's still worth it.
lizabu is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: