Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2013, 10:56 PM   #6
DeaverTex
Smelling like a horse doesn't make you a cavalryman
I'd wear a pair. I might even be able to get Mrs. Tex to wear some
I need to provide sufficient background in every post to make sense

Best I paid to go see: Moody Blues. This was 1974, in Houston. They played every single one of my favorites, including some that were years old.

Best I didn't pay to go see: Three Dog Night. This was 1992 or 1993, at the AWHON conference in Reno, Nevada. The hour concert lasted for not quite two hours, and they stopped because the hotel told them they had to playing. I first saw them in 1968, when they were a warm-up band for Vanilla Fudge. Wow! The next day, it was hilarious seeing all the old 1960's era fogies (like me) who could barely move because they spent the evening dancing on chairs and tables.

Worst I paid to go see: Iron Butterfly, along with the James Cotton Blues Band and The Nazz. I think this was in 1969. The Butterfly was the headliner band, and when they came on stage, the organ wouldn't work. For most of the concert, the lead and base player just jammed. When they finally got things working, they introduced their new sound -- blues. OMG, it was horrible.

Worst I didn't pay to go see: Donovan (Donovan Leach). This was 1968, I think. He spent most of the concert sitting cross-legged on stage, playing and singing to himself so that nobody else could hear. Then I got thrown out of the concert hall by security. I was a volunteer worker, and hearing the concert was supposed to be my pay. Security said that I needed to stay at my station, which was INSIDE a men's restroom, watching a window to make certain nobody broke in. Yeah, right.

7-10 October 2012 - POR
Nothing else planned right now.

I've been BOO'ED!!!
DeaverTex is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: