Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #16
jenn3456
Mouseketeer

My kids are big eaters and we love out snacks. I appreciate this thread because we will be shipping food and stuff down. We are also planning one grocery run at the beginning if the week for pop, bottled water, milk, beer bread etc. we are on the dining plan. My thought is that we are going to eat breakfast in our room on most days and they my kids can split a kids meal from the dining plan for a snack in the middle of the day. And then we still have the other two dining plan meals to use for lunch/dinner.
jenn3456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #17
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Sommer sausage, the hard type. Doesn't need to be refrigerated
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #18
la79al
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikaluvsdisney View Post
Just out of curiousity...for those of you that pack a lot of snacks, are you also on the dining plan???

We are on the dining plan, and although we will tend to do breakfast in the room, sometimes I feel that between the meals and the snacks included on the plan, you can almost pack too many snacks.
If we had the dining plan, we would probably only pack snacks for the picky 2 year old with food allergies, maybe the 4 year old. I discovered many years ago with my stepdaughter that kids do not always choose the best time to decide they are hungry (or the best time to nap). This trip we won't have the DP and my kids are snackers anyhow so I'm thinking with the right kind of snacks, we can minimize what we have to buy in the parks.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #19
littlezar
DIS Veteran

We drive so not a big deal to have stuff left. Last trip we were offsite and brought the following:

Bottled Water
Gatorade
Goldfish crackers (I bring a few bags & use a small tupperware for in the backpack)
Fruit
Cereal
Poptarts
Lunchbox size single packs of:
Pretzels
Pringles
Quaker Stila Oat Bits
Applesauce (for house, not in backpack for fear of breakage, LOL)

We also hit Walmart for some groceries - milk, bread, eggs, lunchmeat, etc on our arrival day.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #20
Misti315
Mouseketeer

We are on the DP, but still plan on bringing in plenty of snacks to the parks. We have 4 kids and they love snacks!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #21
NorthernGrl
Mouseketeer

My 4 are grazers, so you betcha we bring snacks!
We drive and bring a cooler, so I freeze juice boxes, yogurt tubes etc. to fill it up and keep it cold for the drive. We don't buy a lot of pre-packaged or single serving things at home, we save them for camping or vacations.
We bring:
The little single serve cereals, the ritz crackers that already have PB or cheese on them, cheese strings, pepperoni sticks, yogurt tubes, apple sauce squishers, lunchables (mostly for the drive), individual bags of goldfish, and 100 calory packs.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #22
sb682
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikaluvsdisney View Post
Just out of curiousity...for those of you that pack a lot of snacks, are you also on the dining plan???

We are on the dining plan, and although we will tend to do breakfast in the room, sometimes I feel that between the meals and the snacks included on the plan, you can almost pack too many snacks.
We're staying off-site and DH is already panicking about spending $100/day (my rough estimate) on dining. I figure if I can save some money by buying snacks at home for our picky DS and some healthier options for the two of us (we are driving, no big deal), he is less likely to have an aneurysm somewhere in World Showcase over the food prices.
sb682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:51 PM   #23
Timandalicia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISvirgin1 View Post
I know this has been a topic before, but what kinds of foods do you pack when going with the family? Just want to see if I am missing anything!
Here are my odd ones that typically are not kn people's lists. If you are a coffee drinker. Coffee for your in-room coffee maker. I bring nuts and beef jerky because I feel like I don't get a good source of protein when snacking- sounds strange I know. Nothing chocolate when we are in the parks. Always a mess.
Timandalicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:19 AM   #24
samacita
Mouseketeer

For those of you bringing/purchasing milk, where do you store it? Do all rooms have fridges or only the villas and family suites?
samacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:27 AM   #25
mommy2_3
DIS Veteran

i am bringing lots of snacks. we are driving, so im going to have a few walmart bags filled with different things. they are going to be seprated though. some for on the way down there and then others for the parks. we plan on doing breakfast in our room every morning but 2 mornings when we have character breakfast. before we head home we are stopping at walmart to stock up again. this is my list so far

fruit snacks, bananas, mini muffins, goldfish, pretzels, animal crackers, popcorn, honey nut cheerios, cuties (those little oranges. my kids love them!), granola bars, gum. and in our cooler will be pre made subs, pre made salads, apple slices. we are also bringing bread and peanut butter for peanut butter sandwiches. for drinks we are packing water, dr. pepper (for my husband) sprite, and my brisk iced tea. the kids get water and juice boxes. alot of that is going to be eaten on the way down there. what im bringing into the parks is fruit snacks, im making baggies of mixed things like goldfish, pretzels, animal crackers. im prob. going to buy those little boxes of cereal for my kids and husband then buy milk right before we check in. also cant forget about styrofoam bowls and plastic spoons!

All star sports-5/24/13
mommy2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #26
RedHeadedFairy
DIS Veteran

We drive & typically request a fridge in our room if they don't automatically come with one. No dining plan for us & I always keep drinks in the room.

8-10 oz sized bottled waters (easier for the kids to drink the full bottle & toss... as we make our way thru the parks our backpack gets lighter, lol)
Capri Sun flavored water foil packs. (These freeze great too)
Chex Mix or whatever snack mix is a fave at the time
Fiber/Protein Bars
Monster Rehab green tea/juice blend (for Me, I'm not a coffee drinker but these are awesome to help perk me up on RD mornings)
Fresh fruit - bananas, apples travel great. Sometimes I pack pre-cut melon in the cooler & we eat that on arrival day knowing we'll be eating a lot of apples over the next few days
Crystal Light water flavorings
DH packs stuff like vienna sausages, beef jerky, etc.
String Cheese
Cereal/Pop Tarts
Gum
Snack sized cookies, trail mix, etc.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: