Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #11
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by calngavinsmom View Post
Big hugs to you and your dd Momma! We just went through something similar. We arrived at Disney on Sunday with the intention of doing a "land and sea" vacation. 4 nights at Coronado Springs, 3 nights on the Dream, sailing Thursday.

Tuesday we went to bed only to have our son wake up at 2:30 am vomiting everywhere. The rest of the story is similar to yours, vomiting diarrhea, high fever, stomach pain. He felt better then it came back with a vengeance. Our son is also a Type 1 Diabetic so for him not to be able to keep anything down is super scarey. He needs to eat to take his insulin injections to keep keatones (acids) from building up in his blood, but he needs to ingest sugars to balance the insulin. Not fun. We are also Canadian so very unfamiliar with how the American medical system works(other than you have to actually pay for health services there).

At any rate, we had to cancel our cruise, change our flights and we got him home safely....but what a long frightening few days it was! He is still ill (as is his older brother now), but they are now able to keep fluids down

I just wanted to let you know you are not alone....you absolutely did do the right thing not dragging your poor sick dd to port......I totally understand feeling scared, stranded and helpless because we just went through the same thing. Good luck to you and your sweet dd. I hope she (and you) are feeling better real soon
Yikes!! I'm type 1 (wear an insulin pump) and I know this feeling very well and it adds another layer to the illness as you explained. I'm glad to hear he is doing better but sorry you had to go through this too. I hope everyone in your house feels better soon!!

Take care,
Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, & 4/2014 Fantasy Next: 9/2014 (Dream for my Mom), 4/2015 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: