Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
diddldonna
DIS Veteran
 
diddldonna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: norfolk, uk
Posts: 1,469

Magical express ??

I had emailed disney magical express and have them my details for this service, do you get anything in the post? Do you get a confirmination from them? I emailed them last week as heard nothing and still no reply? Can anyone let me know if they got anything from them?
__________________
Past WDW Vacations: 2013 OKW, 2010 OKW, 2007 ASM, 2005 ASM, 2004 off site.
diddldonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
scoobydooby
Dreaming of next Disney trip
 
scoobydooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Midlands
Posts: 1,379

I am using them for the first time this year so we can save £200 and get a smaller SUV not a van. I got a return e mail almost immediately and then another follow up one from memory. I will check tomorrow exactly what they say, not near my paperwork right now. It was fairly instant though.
__________________
Scoobydooby - Next at WDW in May 2014, AKL for girls only extravaganza and then again in August 2015 for a full family shebang!!!
scoobydooby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #3
taylor3297
DIS Veteran
 
taylor3297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 3,950

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddldonna View Post
I had emailed disney magical express and have them my details for this service, do you get anything in the post? Do you get a confirmination from them? I emailed them last week as heard nothing and still no reply? Can anyone let me know if they got anything from them?
When do you arrive? You should get a little brochure you give the folks to scan when you get to ME. If you don't receive the brochure that is okay. Just go to the ME counter and check in there.
__________________
taylor3297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #4
diddldonna
DIS Veteran
 
diddldonna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: norfolk, uk
Posts: 1,469

I am arriving next Monday, so a bit worried
__________________
Past WDW Vacations: 2013 OKW, 2010 OKW, 2007 ASM, 2005 ASM, 2004 off site.
diddldonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:21 AM   #5
scoobydooby
Dreaming of next Disney trip
 
scoobydooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Midlands
Posts: 1,379

I applied on line for DME on 6th Jan and almost immediately received an e mail that thanked me for submitting my request. It included my WDW ref number (I booked hotel, tickets and dining plan on line from UK WDW website).

On 9th January I received another e mail saying ' your ME reservation is confirmed'. It then gives detailed instructions dependent upon whether you choose to collect your own luggage or not. It also gives details for the return journey. I do not have any kind of voucher or ticket.

I've never used it before so can't help any more sorry.
__________________
Scoobydooby - Next at WDW in May 2014, AKL for girls only extravaganza and then again in August 2015 for a full family shebang!!!
scoobydooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:35 AM   #6
NatalieMT
Mouseketeer
 
NatalieMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chester, England.
Posts: 233

From the UK I don't believe you get a brochure to scan etc, I've never had anything in the post whatsoever, just an email confirmation. My last trip which was about 4 months ago we just went to the desk checked in (I took a copy of the email just in case!) and then got in the queue. The only annoying thing last time was because we arrived quite late on in the day they seemed to be running less buses and making more stops, so we literally toured most of the Disney hotels before getting to the Beach Club! But it was free so can't complain too much.

I wouldn't worry, just go to the desk and they'll help you out I'm sure! My current concern is trying to book ME for 15 people in April as it only goes up to 6 ha ha!
__________________
DLP Hotel Cheyenne 97 DLP Disneyland Hotel 00 WDW Swan Hotel 07
WDW Beach Club 08 WDW Yacht Club 10 WDW Beach Club 12 WDW All Star Sports 13 WDW All Star Sports 15 + WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge 15

NatalieMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:41 AM   #7
starrysky
DIS Veteran
 
starrysky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,344

We took the print out of all the emails relating to all our bookings. Just head to the desk and give them your name they will sort you out from there. Before we used to get vouchers with all the different elements listed but last year it was just a booklet with the shop discounts etc and no ME voucher.
__________________
Me (33) DH (40) Bailey (5)




1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ



starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:58 AM   #8
diddldonna
DIS Veteran
 
diddldonna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: norfolk, uk
Posts: 1,469

Ok thanks everyone, I have attempted another email but don't plan on worrying about it too much just sort it when I get there.

It feels weird that a lot of things are now all done by email, e-tickets or just by giving your name. I loved having actual tickets in my hand.
__________________
Past WDW Vacations: 2013 OKW, 2010 OKW, 2007 ASM, 2005 ASM, 2004 off site.
diddldonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:58 AM   #9
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.
 
seashoreCM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 21,318

When ordering anything over the phone it is a good idea to ask for and write down the name and city of the person you are talking to.

If you were unable to get any confirmation of reserving Magical Express, then the names and cities of two phone reservationists should suffice to get you on the bus.
__________________
Last Disney trip: December 2010.
Blackberries are red when they are green. (the late Paul Harvey, among others)
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #10
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard
 
2Tiggies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Too many stripes away from Tigger
Posts: 19,562

I booked mine separately last year even though I booked through WDTC. I got a confirmation email although it never ever showed on my booking online via WDTC that ME was booked. It said I had 'no ground transportation selected'

I did ring ME a few weeks before we left and it was all there in the system and the CM said even if they hadn't had it on their system, if we just showed up at the ME desk at MCO they would get us on the next bus based on our resort info

I did not receive anything in my pack of documents in the mail, i.e. no voucher for ME as in previous years but this appeared to be normal and we had no hassles getting onto the bus at MCO
__________________
October 2010 Trip Report

And a sneaky add-on at Bay Lake Tower
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #11
diddldonna
DIS Veteran
 
diddldonna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: norfolk, uk
Posts: 1,469

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
I booked mine separately last year even though I booked through WDTC. I got a confirmation email although it never ever showed on my booking online via WDTC that ME was booked. It said I had 'no ground transportation selected'

I did ring ME a few weeks before we left and it was all there in the system and the CM said even if they hadn't had it on their system, if we just showed up at the ME desk at MCO they would get us on the next bus based on our resort info

I did not receive anything in my pack of documents in the mail, i.e. no voucher for ME as in previous years but this appeared to be normal and we had no hassles getting onto the bus at MCO
What number did you call?

Also how does return work? do you need any voucher then? how do you find out when you are being picked up?

Any help really does stop me going mad lol.
__________________
Past WDW Vacations: 2013 OKW, 2010 OKW, 2007 ASM, 2005 ASM, 2004 off site.
diddldonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #12
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard
 
2Tiggies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Too many stripes away from Tigger
Posts: 19,562

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddldonna View Post
What number did you call?

Also how does return work? do you need any voucher then? how do you find out when you are being picked up?

Any help really does stop me going mad lol.
I believe I just called Disney Reservations in the US and asked to be transferred to Magical Express. I don't recall whether I had to redial another number though.

You do receive a voucher for your return but they hang that on your resort room door the day before you check out. When you get to the ME desk when you arrive at MCO they will ask you / confirm with you that they have your return details Make sure that they have it then. If it's not in their system they will add it for you and then you do nothing until it's time to leave. The check out voucher for the return will state your pick up time for the following day and all you have to do is turn up and wait outside with your luggage for that time
__________________
October 2010 Trip Report

And a sneaky add-on at Bay Lake Tower
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #13
diddldonna
DIS Veteran
 
diddldonna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: norfolk, uk
Posts: 1,469

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
I believe I just called Disney Reservations in the US and asked to be transferred to Magical Express. I don't recall whether I had to redial another number though.

You do receive a voucher for your return but they hang that on your resort room door the day before you check out. When you get to the ME desk when you arrive at MCO they will ask you / confirm with you that they have your return details Make sure that they have it then. If it's not in their system they will add it for you and then you do nothing until it's time to leave. The check out voucher for the return will state your pick up time for the following day and all you have to do is turn up and wait outside with your luggage for that time
Thanks so so much.
__________________
Past WDW Vacations: 2013 OKW, 2010 OKW, 2007 ASM, 2005 ASM, 2004 off site.
diddldonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #14
lozzer008
Earning My Ears
 
lozzer008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8

Ooh thank goodness that I saw this thread - I assumed it was all arranged when I booked our trip! Could you help me out with the email address for reserving magical express? How far in advance would you recommend booking it?? Hehe I'm too excited! TIA :D
lozzer008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #15
starrysky
DIS Veteran
 
starrysky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,344

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozzer008
Ooh thank goodness that I saw this thread - I assumed it was all arranged when I booked our trip! Could you help me out with the email address for reserving magical express? How far in advance would you recommend booking it?? Hehe I'm too excited! TIA :D
No they can only arrange it once you have your flight details. That way disney know how many buses they need etc per number of people arriving/departing.
I would call the reservations number and just ask to be put through. That way any questions will be answered by the CM.
for the pp that asked about return times etc.
The time you are given for return is the bus you should take. Disney do not as a rule let you get a later bus than what you have stated on your notice. You can be offered to take an earlier bus if you are at the stop when one arrives but that is fairly rare as the buses especially at busy times can be full. It's 4hours before your flight that you will be collected. I know that seems like a long time but you might not be the last pick up on the route, traffic issues etc plus security at the airport can take a while so that 4 hours can be eaten up quickly. I know from being at OKW that the bus has been to POR and PORFQ before it gets to OKW and it stops at SSR after that. We got held up at SSR because a couple of people were late for the bus (one of their party was there) they just made it before the driver was about to leave. Harsh I know but he did have a bus with other passengers to consider.
It really is a great service though and takes a lot of the hassle out of getting to your resort. Plus it's free
__________________
Me (33) DH (40) Bailey (5)




1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ



starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.