Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #256
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
We're playing thread-tag, Kook.

It's set for October 26th - 30th. Garden Wing - Garden View room. (I've got a slight mental issue (read: all-out strange) with the kiddo being nearest the door so the deluxe floor plan weirded me out. )

King bed as a request, perhaps... if we were lucky enough to get one, those rooms have daybeds, right? Do you or any of the fellow CR experts happen to know the prevalence of connecting doors in the Garden Wing?

I need some of this and I'll be perusing all the first page greatness you've shared with us.
Congratulations! Don't worry about the thread tag as your news bears repeating.

Our absolute favorite GW room was a ground floor room we had once that directly faced Bay Lake. Since it was on the end, I don't believe there was a connecting door - it was perfect. DD was able to walk right out to feed the ducks:

Old 02-08-2013, 05:41 PM   #257
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Congratulations! Don't worry about the thread tag as your news bears repeating.

Our absolute favorite GW room was a ground floor room we had once that directly faced Bay Lake. Since it was on the end, I don't believe there was a connecting door - it was perfect. DD was able to walk right out to feed the ducks:

That is a great shot. Love that view in the evening over the lake. Your dd looks she was having a lot of fun. I hope those were not venomous ducks.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 09:13 PM   #258
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetmickey View Post
Does the large armchair in the living room of the 2 Bedroom villa pull out to a single bed? The website says it sleeps 9 but won't let me book 4A and 5K. It only lists 1K, 2Q, and the Q pullout couch. Maybe the ninth has to be in a crib?
Thanks!
We stayed in a 1 BD villa and the chair did pull out into a bed just like WDWKOOK's picture shows.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #259
Monorail Bob's dd
DIS Veteran

The Agent Education Program just moved us from CR to AKL - boo! Looks like I will have to wait to do CR until 2014 when we are hoping to stay at BLT. Thanks, everyone!

Poly - '80, '84, '91, CR - '87, '88, BW Villas - '97, POFQ - '07, Marriott Grand Vista - '09, CSR - '10
BWI CL - '11, Yacht Club - '12, AKL - March, 2013, Poly - August, 2013
Old 02-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #260
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I just posted this on my trip report but thought it was relevant here too

I just talked to our mousekeeper and she told me that the bed linens are staying the same (they are fairly new) but the mattresses and box springs are being replaced as well as the headboards and carpets. I talked with a manager who said the 11th and 12th floor are still considered construction zones so they cannot bring me up there

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 02-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #261
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
That is a great shot. Love that view in the evening over the lake. Your dd looks she was having a lot of fun. I hope those were not venomous ducks.

We really should start the "I saw venomous ducks at WDW" thread: They were ravenous and hissed! They even invaded the pools and jumped out of bushes. But, alas, it wasn't duck season so

Sunset and Bay Lake make for a great view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monorail Bob's dd View Post
The Agent Education Program just moved us from CR to AKL - boo! Looks like I will have to wait to do CR until 2014 when we are hoping to stay at BLT. Thanks, everyone!
Oh, darn! Well, hope you'll check back with us when it gets closer to BLT time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I just posted this on my trip report but thought it was relevant here too

I just talked to our mousekeeper and she told me that the bed linens are staying the same (they are fairly new) but the mattresses and box springs are being replaced as well as the headboards and carpets. I talked with a manager who said the 11th and 12th floor are still considered construction zones so they cannot bring me up there

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Relevant indeed and thank you! I'm going to post your update to the first page.

Just a reminder to everyone that Melissa's great LIVE CR TR is located here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3058395
Old 02-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #262
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK

We really should start the "I saw venomous ducks at WDW" thread: They were ravenous and hissed! They even invaded the pools and jumped out of bushes. But, alas, it wasn't duck season so
Was it wabbit season or Elmer season?

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
Old 02-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #263
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post

Old 02-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #264
closetmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, that is actually a bed:

(DISboards photo)

Thanks! I thought so, but now really cant understand why I couldn't book for 9. I'll try again!

4/14- 7nt Eastern on the FANTASY! 11/13- Weekend at DLR and stay at Disneyland Hotel
8/13- CR at WDW/ 4nt Cruise on DREAM! 6/12- Poly/POR Split Stay at WDW
8/11- DLR and stay at Grand Californian 1/11- 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on WONDER
10/10- DLR/ Mickey's Halloween Party and stay at Paradise Pier
2/10- WDW and a Week stay at the AKL 2/10- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
6/09- DLR- Stay at Paradise Pier 4/09- DLR/ Club 33- Stay at Disneyland Hotel
10/08- Halloween Party at DCA 3/08- 3 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
2/08- WDW and stay at The Beach Club 10/07- Halloween Party at DCA and stay at GCH
Other trips to DLR- too many to count since 1969
Old 02-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #265
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetmickey View Post
Thanks! I thought so, but now really cant understand why I couldn't book for 9. I'll try again!
You're welcome. It does show it sleeps 9 - maybe 2 are under 3? There is a king, a twin chair, a queen sofa and it then depends if it's a lock-off or not:

1 queen-size bed
1 full-size sofa bed (lockoff) or second queen-size bed (dedicated)*

* Slight variances exist between Lockoff and Dedicated Two Bedroom Villas. Members reserving a Two Bedroom Villa are assigned to either a Lockoff or Dedicated room at the time the reservations is secured. Contact Disney Vacation Club Member Services to confirm the type of villa reserved.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #266
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:

We really should start the "I saw venomous ducks at WDW" thread: They were ravenous and hissed! They even invaded the pools and jumped out of bushes. But, alas, it wasn't duck season so]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
I found them one time over floating in the hot tub at the BWV side. I chased them out. No messes in the water, but it was really hot water. I didn't know how they floated in it without having duck soup.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 02-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #267
diswish
Earning My Ears

Stayed in a 9th floor MK view room at the Contemporary last week - I will try to post some pics...

Old 02-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #268
alongtimeblooming
i am a weapon of massive consumption.

Just got back from a 7 day stay in a 1BR at BLT and would be happy to answer any questions. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures before DB and I mussed up the room, but I can post pictures of the view from our lake view room if anyone is interested.
February 2013: First time coming home to Bay Lake Tower.
September 2013: Animal Kingdom: Jambo House DVC
Old 02-09-2013, 10:23 PM   #269
bluechic03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alongtimeblooming View Post
Just got back from a 7 day stay in a 1BR at BLT and would be happy to answer any questions. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures before DB and I mussed up the room, but I can post pictures of the view from our lake view room if anyone is interested.
I would Love to see your view! We will be in a LV Studio in April BLT owners here too!

An April Dining Report!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post48266800
Old 02-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #270
scjo68
DIS Veteran

I am enjoying this thread!
DD and I are going to be in a Garden wing room for her 16th birthday over Thanksgiving!

Only drawback-we are currently booked at rack rate (!)

I am really hoping for some kind of discount to come out. I could not book bounceback when I was at POR a couple of weeks ago, since THanksgiving was blacked out.

Anyone have success booking CR with a discount over Thanksgiving in the past?

Oh, well, DD and I have been planning this trip for years, and I told her she could choose the resort, and she picked CR! So, discount or not- that's where we will be.
It will be so nice to be able to walk back to our room after a day in the MK without having to wait for transportation in Thanksgiving crowds!
Aug. 2013 POP, Nov. 2013 CR

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: