Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #1486
Belle5
DIS Veteran
 
Belle5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: The Lone Star State
Posts: 5,302

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
Good question!

I wonder of the makeup can be skipped altogether.
I am sure it can be skipped. But that's not what I am looking to do. I know he will want some make-up...just questioning whether to have it around his eyes.
__________________
Proud mom to 5 Eagle Scouts (and one son who will soon be Scouting)!




Belle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #1487
4HppyCamprs
DIS Veteran
 
4HppyCamprs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: indiana
Posts: 2,254

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle5
Anyone asked the make-up artist to skip the eye make-up on a boy? I am concerned about my son looking like a drag queen a week later when we have a wedding to attend! Should the make-up be long gone by then, if we should go ahead with it? Those of you who have done full pirate make-up with your son...would you allow it if you had a wedding a week later? Has anyone had great success with getting all the eye make-up off right away?

Another question. I made our appointment for late in the day so that the make-up would not be washed away during resort swim time. Reading some reports I am thinking that maybe the make-up will not wash away in the pool. Thoughts?

Thank you!
It is dependent on the makeup choice. Ds did the makeup that made his face a skull and the black around his one eye was difficult to get off. He looked like he had eyeliner but just on one eye. We were not too concerned since we were just there for the fun anyways but it was noticible in the pictures take for at least the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
09 ASMu 1st Visit! Grandma came too! Free dining 2010 POR 2nd Visit! Grandma is along for the ride! Free dining! 03/05-09/2012 POLY here we come!! We love Disney and Grandma does too! No dining plan and we loved it! DoubleTree DTD: 3/10-3/15/13 The whole gang! Best Trip yet! First Cruise: 1/6-1/10/14 Disney Magic. 2nd Cruise: 10/23-10/28/15 Disney Magic.
Me: Heather DH: DS #1 (11/04) DS #2 (2/09) DD (08/11) rincess:
4HppyCamprs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #1488
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran
 
Berlioz70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle5 View Post
Anyone asked the make-up artist to skip the eye make-up on a boy? I am concerned about my son looking like a drag queen a week later when we have a wedding to attend! Should the make-up be long gone by then, if we should go ahead with it? Those of you who have done full pirate make-up with your son...would you allow it if you had a wedding a week later? Has anyone had great success with getting all the eye make-up off right away?

Another question. I made our appointment for late in the day so that the make-up would not be washed away during resort swim time. Reading some reports I am thinking that maybe the make-up will not wash away in the pool. Thoughts?

Thank you!
Makeup removal - if you're prepared you can get it all off. I've had every look on my face multiple times and have ALWAYS gotten it all off. The problem is, most Guests do not pack makeup cleansers and using soap will not be able to get it all. I personally used Clinique, a lot of guys use standard shaving creme; getting it off over a week is easily doable.

Skipping the eyes - some of the looks are approved to skip the eyes (Hook is often skipped for young pirates). Some looks are required to have the eyes (multi eye and cursed are required). They are designed/approved by Imagineering so there's no fudging on them. The RARE exception are children who are unable to make it through the process so it becomes a matter of just finishing and getting them out.

Do not go in the pool at all - while black will likely hold up, everything else will wash off (especially white).

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
Good question!

I wonder of the makeup can be skipped altogether.
Yep - it's called the no face option, check the first post for more details.
__________________
CHARACTER WEBSITE/PHOTOS:
WDWCharacterHunt UOCharacterHunt On Facebook
Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #1489
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle5 View Post
I am sure it can be skipped. But that's not what I am looking to do. I know he will want some make-up...just questioning whether to have it around his eyes.
I bought a cheap box of makeup remover wipes from Target (the Up and Up brand), and it took DS's solid black makeup right off without issue. I found them in the section with the travel soaps and stuff. Easy peasy.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #1490
Belle5
DIS Veteran
 
Belle5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: The Lone Star State
Posts: 5,302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
Makeup removal - if you're prepared you can get it all off. I've had every look on my face multiple times and have ALWAYS gotten it all off. The problem is, most Guests do not pack makeup cleansers and using soap will not be able to get it all. I personally used Clinique, a lot of guys use standard shaving creme; getting it off over a week is easily doable.

Skipping the eyes - some of the looks are approved to skip the eyes (Hook is often skipped for young pirates). Some looks are required to have the eyes (multi eye and cursed are required). They are designed/approved by Imagineering so there's no fudging on them. The RARE exception are children who are unable to make it through the process so it becomes a matter of just finishing and getting them out.

Do not go in the pool at all - while black will likely hold up, everything else will wash off (especially white).



Yep - it's called the no face option, check the first post for more details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
I bought a cheap box of makeup remover wipes from Target (the Up and Up brand), and it took DS's solid black makeup right off without issue. I found them in the section with the travel soaps and stuff. Easy peasy.
Thanks for the advice and tips!
__________________
Proud mom to 5 Eagle Scouts (and one son who will soon be Scouting)!




Belle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:15 PM   #1491
Luvin*Livvy
Mouseketeer
 
Luvin*Livvy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 444

Just booked my girl's 2nd Pirate League adventure for May 1st!!!! The first time was AMAZING, but it rained the entire day (badly) and we ended up leaving the park after an hour with make-up smeared everywhere! I'm hoping for better weather this time around so the girls can enjoy it! Keeping my fingers crossed!!!!!
__________________
~*~Last 5 Trips: 3/12--GRAND FLORIDIAN/WILDERNESS LODGE ~ 5/09 -- CARIBBEAN BEACH ~ 3/08 -- CORONADO SPRINGS ~ 5/07 -- CARIBBEAN BEACH ~ 9/03 -- BEACH CLUB ~*~*~

Mommy to Olivia (7) & Ava(4)*~*~

Our 2012 Trip Videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTqhCZ9Y8Ds For mobile devices you can watch here: https://vimeo.com/59347155
Luvin*Livvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #1492
liberty6201
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 253

Smitch, how do we see the jake pics?
liberty6201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #1493
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty6201 View Post
Smitch, how do we see the jake pics?
My son is Jake in the Ariel pic at the end of my posts, but it is kind of small, so here are his and DD's official pics from their makeover sessions. Note that they were out of the flower clip for DD, so they gave her Mickey head bobby pins instead. There is also a pic of them riding on the monorail and one from the parade captured by Photopass...







smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #1494
liberty6201
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 253

Thank you x they are fab photos .... My son would DEFINITELY like the Jake!!
liberty6201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #1495
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran
 
2Pirates2Princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 2,200

I booked a PL appointment for each of my four kids for our 2nd MK day. I decided this over doing both the PL and BBB separately so that the kids can all do this together at the same time; plus both of my daughters are awestruck over the mermaid makeover and it won their vote over BBB! My oldest DS is getting the first mate package and he will wear a simple pirate costume shirt/vest combo he wore for Halloween last year. Our youngest DS is getting the Jake package (he adores this show) and is wearing his Jake and the Neverland Pirates t-shirt. Both of my daughters are getting the mermaid makeovers and I bought them each tank tops and skirts that I think coordinate nicely with the color of the make up used for the mermaid makeover. I am so excited about this and I know it will be a special and memorable experience for them!
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #1496
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran
 
Berlioz70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,601

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses View Post
I am so excited about this and I know it will be a special and memorable experience for them!
Sounds like a great time - have fun!!
__________________
CHARACTER WEBSITE/PHOTOS:
WDWCharacterHunt UOCharacterHunt On Facebook
Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #1497
Dan Murphy
We are family.
 
Dan Murphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Chicago area, IL
Posts: 78,517

Looking forward to doing this with both my grandkids on Jeremy's 6th birthday on April 9th. Pirates League late morning and Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise that night. Crystal Palace for breakfast.

Thanks for everybody's input, especially yours, Brenna,
__________________
Dan-'Let's Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand'--We are Family

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net







.
Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #1498
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran
 
Brave teacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arlington, TN
Posts: 3,032

My boys are so excited. I finally remembered to make their PL appointment this year. We will be in the MK for the first day of our trip on May 31st. They both have an appointment to get the Jake package after lunch. They are looking forward to this more than anything else this year.

Can't wait!
__________________
Megan

Brave teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:56 AM   #1499
mummabear
DIS Veteran
 
mummabear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,475

I have booked PL for DD3 this May (excited!) DD20 months (at time of trip) will be with us too. I know PL is for 3 and up but would they allow me to buy her the same temp tattoo and bandana?
__________________
DL 85,96,05,07,12.
WDW 08,11, AOA 2013(28 Day Dream trip)!
Upcoming: DL Sept 2014
mummabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #1500
ilanakan
Mouseketeer
 
ilanakan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 256

how far ahead can you book the mermaid experience?
ilanakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pirates League thread...and a 50% discount if you call? Sea-Donkey Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 3 12-15-2009 10:16 PM
edit XxCuriosityxX<3 Teen Disney 32 08-05-2007 11:04 AM
OFFICIAL Pirates 3 Thread TwinMom7 Community Board 154 06-03-2007 08:33 PM
the official pirates of the carribean thread BAMBIFOREVER Teen Disney 3 10-19-2006 01:39 PM
the official pirates of the carribean thread BAMBIFOREVER Teen Disney 23 08-12-2006 02:19 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: