Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #14
Lizzybean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenaniganzz
We haven't stayed at both but found the buses at POR to be a disaster - and this was not a busy time of year (early September). Definitely having only one stop at POFQ would influence my decision if relying on their transportation. Obviously others have had a different experience.

Conversely, we had zero problems at CSR but other people complained. I think it's luck of the draw, but your odds are probably improved with just one stop.
We just got back from POR a week ago and also found the bussing disastrous. It was a nightmare. One morning at 10am we waited 33 minutes for a bus to MK and who knows how long the people already there waited. Buses were almost always full when they arrived at the south depot and we had to stand on nearly every bus we took. We finally started taking POFQ buses from the parks back to the resort and would grab something to eat there and then take the boat to POR or walk. It was faster and less stressful. We also preferred the food at FQ. Unfortunately we are a family of 5 so we can't stay there but we would LOVE to.

We loved the POR grounds and cast members but it was too spread out for us. I think the only way we could do it again is in a preferred building but even then I can't imagine dealing with the bussing (although timing is everything and perhaps we just kept hitting it at a bad time).

June 2014: Beach Club!
Jan/Feb 2013 at POR
July/August 2012: Fort Wilderness FUN
July 2011: Offsite
90s: Offsite

I'm addicted to the pixie dust!

ME DH DS15 DD10 DD6
Lizzybean is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: