Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #181
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmit4 View Post
Can someone explain why people are getting warned for mentioning offsite options like bonnet creek? What kind of disney mafia is running these boards?????
I doubt that's why they're getting warnings. There is a whole board dedicated to offsite options and hotels on property that aren't owned by Disney.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:44 AM   #182
asmit4
DIS Veteran

here is the warning- and YES it was re: bonnet creek.

You have received a warning at The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com.

Reason:
-------
Off-topic

Comments about Bonnett Creek are great on the Orlando Board but are off-topic for the Disney Discounts board.

Thanks.

Apparently you are NOT allowed to discuss the cost of Disney discounts/costs AGAINST offsite options like bonnet creek. Comparing costs and what you get for your $ SHOULD be the POINT of this dang board! I'm ANGRY!
November 2013- Wyndham Bonnet Creek/AS Sports
October 2014- DVC- Saratoga Springs/Wyndham BC
asmit4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #183
Disney Addicted
DIS Veteran

But I have always seen such discussions. Here and the budget board, and I've been around for 3 years. That doesn't make sense to get a warning for it. Maybe since some of the postings are a little more "intense" than the usual discussion that normally takes place about on-site versus off-site.

(edited to add I didn't mean I don't believe you as that "but" might imply. I'm just very surprised you got a warning. I read your post and can't understand how it warranted a warning. A couple other people, yes - but yours? I'm shaking my head).

Last edited by Disney Addicted; 01-10-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Disney Addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #184
ConnieB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srbright View Post
Disney has thought of a way around this. If I don't make the reservation at least 6 months in advance I run the risk of not being able to find the dining reservations I want. Added to that some people's desire for a River view or preferred room and people almost have to book without a discount.

Stacy
But you don't have to have a room reservation to make dining reservations 6 months out. Yes, you don't get the +10 days, but you can still go online each day and make reservations. I make my dining reservations at 6 months out, and usually stay off site so I don't even later make a room reservation.
ConnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #185
Srbright
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmit4

Reason:
-------
Off-topic

Comments about Bonnett Creek are great on the Orlando Board but are off-topic for the Disney Discounts board.

Thanks.

Apparently you are NOT allowed to discuss the cost of Disney discounts/costs AGAINST offsite options like bonnet creek. Comparing costs and what you get for your $ SHOULD be the POINT of this dang board! I'm ANGRY!
Why would you be angry? They have a whole space dedicated to this topic.

Stacy
Feb 2008 - ASMo (3N/4D)
Srbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #186
Laketravis
FP is just fantastic, that is really what I think. Oh by the way.. which one's Pink?

Quote:

Reason:
-------
Off-topic

Thanks.

I agree - that's ridiculous. It's like being reprimanded for comparing the price of a Ford to a Chevy on a Ford forum.

That's really petty. It's not moderating, it's censorship. And inconsistent at that - there are literally thousands of posts in the Disney Theme Parks forum comparing, mentioning, even praising Universal Studios. How is that any different?

And now I'll probably get a warning. Oh well..........
Laketravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #187
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Reason:
-------
Off-topic

Thanks.

I agree it's pretty petty. I guess the moderator doesn't agree with your point of view.
padawans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #188
jgperkin
DIS Veteran

I think we all need to be very thankful for danny and the messages we get. I have a trip planned in December. The 4th - 10th.. and I would be happy for any type of discount! If Danny has any insight into those dates, I would GREATLY appreciate it.. For anyone interested.. I do have a bounceback booked for Aug. 2013 and I do have free dining at a moderate. POFQ to be exact. Dates are Aug. 18 - 26. It is the "reg." free dining...
Aug. 09, Off site: We got engaged! Swan: July '07,DD First trip! Riverside: April '08, Wilderness Lodge: May'09, Corn. Spring: Aug. '09, Polynesian: April '10, ASMovies & Carribean Beach: Aug.'10, Riverside: Feb. '11, Pop Century: April '11, Wilderness Lodge & Cruise on the DREAM & Kidani Village, Aug. '11 for 10 year anniversary, Pop Century, Sept. '11, Aug. '12 Family Trip: Carribean Beach, Mar./Apr. '13 Cruise on the Fantasy & AOA, Aug '13, French Qrt., Dec. '13 1st Xmas Trip Wilderness Lodge August 2014 Back to Wilderness Lodge!
jgperkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #189
poohfriend
DIS Veteran

THIS is super news

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgperkin View Post
I think we all need to be very thankful for danny and the messages we get. I have a trip planned in December. The 4th - 10th.. and I would be happy for any type of discount! If Danny has any insight into those dates, I would GREATLY appreciate it.. For anyone interested.. I do have a bounceback booked for Aug. 2013 and I do have free dining at a moderate. POFQ to be exact. Dates are Aug. 18 - 26. It is the "reg." free dining...
thank you for sharing
Boardwalk Inn 9/07-- welcomed our Soldier Home!;
CSR 1/2008 ; POR 3/2008 & Wonder Cruise 3/2008...What a beautiful Day at CC
Circle of Life 5K..Jan 2009 WL; Magic Cruise December 2009;
Star Wars Weekend 05/10 at POP'
ASMu & Dream Cruise 1/2011
Dream Cruise March 2012 & Yacht Club Concierge plus Fantasy Preview March 2012
AoA -- September 2012; Contemporary November 2012
AoA -- August 2013
Eastern Caribbean Disney Fantasy May 2014
poohfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #190
DISNEYGAMMIE
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgperkin View Post
Did you have to book a certain type of room to qualify for the free dining?
Old 02-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #191
Happy99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny25 View Post
It SEEMS (only that,seems, we must wait things may change) that the next FD offer will be a litle different from last years promotions, moderates and the luxes will get QSDP and nothing for values, I see clouds in the horizon , sorry for that, and letīs celebrate the New Year with our beloved ones. The most magical and happy new year for all of you
that is what is currently being offered for UK residents on the Disney international booking site but their offers are usually different than booking in the US
Happy99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #192
Laketravis
FP is just fantastic, that is really what I think. Oh by the way.. which one's Pink?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy99 View Post
that is what is currently being offered for UK residents on the Disney international booking site but their offers are usually different than booking in the US
They sure get some good pricing, though. I just priced out a stay at CSR from 11/29-12/8 with 7 day park hoppers and CS dining.

On the international web site the total was: $2,342 (at current UK exchange rates)

On the domestic US web site the total was: $4,069

Apparently Disney doesn't feel guilty charging $1700 more because we live in the US.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #193
E-P-C-O-T
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYGAMMIE View Post
Did you have to book a certain type of room to qualify for the free dining?
Nope, we booked a standard room with free dining at POP for Sept 2013 using that bounceback offer. The only restriction was that we could not book a Little Mermaid room, but, we could book the suites at AOA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laketravis View Post
They sure get some good pricing, though. I just priced out a stay at CSR from 11/29-12/8 with 7 day park hoppers and CS dining.

On the international web site the total was: $2,342 (at current UK exchange rates)

On the domestic US web site the total was: $4,069

Apparently Disney doesn't feel guilty charging $1700 more because we live in the US.
It's a marketing strategy by Disney, remember that UK residents have to pay a lot of $$$ for their plane tickets averaging from $1500-$1900, so, they are really not saving much, if anything at all. Plus, their average stay is from 2 to 3 weeks, that is a lot of money that Disney is getting from souvenirs and lots of extras.

Using that week long sample that you posted, they would be paying $4,069 plus
$1,500 in plane tickets, that would be a total of $5,569 for a week long stay at a moderate. For the weeks they usually travel for (3 weeks) it's $12,207 priced in the us website or $7,026 with their "special pricing". Sure, some people can afford to pay $12,207 for a basic package for a 3 week vacation, but, the average person would not or cannot pay that.

May09 CSR /AKV/BWV Sep09 VWL Jan10 POP/AKV APR10 POP Jun10 AKL/BWV Sep10 BCV Jan11 POP/BWV May11 BCV/BWV Jun/Jul11 SWAN/SSR Sep11 AKV/BWV/BCV Jan12 POP/BCV Feb 12 SSR May12 POP/AKV/BCV Sep12 2012 AKV/BCV/Disney Dream Dec12 Reunion Resort/WL May/Jun13 AKV/BCV/Reunion Resort/BLT Oct13 AKL Dec/Jan14 BCV/AOA/AKV Jan BCV

Currently planning many other trips, but, Mommy is running low on DVC points
E-P-C-O-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:34 AM   #194
Laketravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-P-C-O-T View Post
Nope, we booked a standard room with free dining at POP for Sept 2013 using that bounceback offer. The only restriction was that we could not book a Little Mermaid room, but, we could book the suites at AOA.

It's a marketing strategy by Disney, remember that UK residents have to pay a lot of $$$ for their plane tickets averaging from $1500-$1900, so, they are really not saving much, if anything at all. Plus, their average stay is from 2 to 3 weeks, that is a lot of money that Disney is getting from souvenirs and lots of extras.

Using that week long sample that you posted, they would be paying $4,069 plus
$1,500 in plane tickets, that would be a total of $5,569 for a week long stay at a moderate. For the weeks they usually travel for (3 weeks) it's $12,207 priced in the us website or $7,026 with their "special pricing". Sure, some people can afford to pay $12,207 for a basic package for a 3 week vacation, but, the average person would not or cannot pay that.
I agree that airfare from the UK can be expensive. But you are suggesting that Disney subsidizes the total cost of a WDW vacation for someone from the UK by heavily discounting resort/tickets/meals packages because they already pay a large amount for something else (airfare) that provides no revenue to Disney.

If that is true, then I see it from a different point of view - that there must be incredible margins when Disney can offer the same vacation package to somebody else at almost 50% less; regardless of where they are traveling from to take advantage of it.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:41 AM   #195
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

And if they discount for those folks to come to Wdw b/c of their steep airfare, then I sure hope that they will discount DcL med sailings for people to come from the US.
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC

disneymagicgirl is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: