Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #106
cagirl4life
Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.C. View Post
so i just submitted my app, but i realized i did something wrong on it... i have not done the WBI or anything else yet... is there any way to edit it or should I just tell them during the phone interview?
I do not know about edititng but I know the last time I applied they asked me about my application and as I was going she suggested I changed a few things (housing stuff in DLR application before they changed how it works) So i know it is possible during the interview for them to change your info.

DL: to many times to count, last trip August 2013!
WDW: July 1998 (Off Site); February 2006 (CBR); April 2006 (AS Sports); February 2007 (ASM); February 2008 (ASM); April 2008 (CBR); June 2008 (SSR); January 2010 (AS Sports)
cagirl4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #107
CMHopeful!
When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.-- Walt Disney

Talking

JUST SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION, I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO EXCITED!!!! NOW TO LET THE MOUSE DECIDE MY FATE, GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE- HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL IN AUGUST!!!!
Dec./ Jan. 1995/'96- My 1st visit to Disney World! ; off grounds- condo Aug. 2006- 7 Day trip to WDW; Disney's Pop-Century Resort Feb. 2008- 11 DAY 16TH BIRTHDAY TRIP TO WDW ; 1st night at the Animal Kingdom, remaining at Pop Century! May. 2010- Senior class trip!!! All-Star Movies Aug. 2010- 9 day trip to WDW; 1st 2 nights Pop- Century Resort, remaining at All-Star Sports...Nana's 1st trip to Disney World

Fall '13 CP Hopeful!:

<-----I wish...I wish to be Wendy Darling in Disney one day!
CMHopeful! is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #108
BeckerzCP09
Earned my ears Twice during one program

PHONE INTERVIEW
is tomorrow at 3:15 CST woot woot!! i'm hoping for DLR

CP Fall 2011: Aug 08th - Aug. [had to self term ]
Custodial - Magic Kingdom West Side

HOPING FOR A CHANCE TO GO BACK!!!!
BeckerzCP09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #109
CMHopeful!
When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.-- Walt Disney

My computer kind of spazzed when the page after you submit the initial application was loading...could someone kindly tell me what it says?

I read "Thank you for your interest..." and read "What is the next step?" or something like that, but then it closed the page for some reason. (I got a new tablet with Windows 8, and unfortunately it's been kind of touchy. lol)
Dec./ Jan. 1995/'96- My 1st visit to Disney World! ; off grounds- condo Aug. 2006- 7 Day trip to WDW; Disney's Pop-Century Resort Feb. 2008- 11 DAY 16TH BIRTHDAY TRIP TO WDW ; 1st night at the Animal Kingdom, remaining at Pop Century! May. 2010- Senior class trip!!! All-Star Movies Aug. 2010- 9 day trip to WDW; 1st 2 nights Pop- Century Resort, remaining at All-Star Sports...Nana's 1st trip to Disney World

Fall '13 CP Hopeful!:

Old 02-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #110
AliSW
\

So I think I'm going to put 3 high interest, 5 moderate, 5 low, and 7 no interest. the only one on high or moderate interest that is easy to get I believe is merchandise. I have already done 2 CPs if that counts, I just wonder if that's ok?!? I feel like I shouldn't have 12 for low or no interest haha.

ok I changed 2 from moderate to high. I over think everything.

Last edited by AliSW; 02-09-2013 at 04:07 PM.
AliSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #111
PirateSnowmen
Bazinga!

Congrats to everyone that has already passed their WBI's!

I applied late last night (finished the app around 12:45 am), got my "thank you for applying" email almost exactly 1 hour later, and then got my WBI invitation email almost exactly 1 hour after that.

Took my WBI this afternoon and passed! Phone interview scheduled for 2/20

I have to say I was SO nervous for the WBI, but it was really a piece of cake. So, good luck to anyone who still has to take theirs and good luck to everyone on their phone interviews!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliSW View Post
So I think I'm going to put 3 high interest, 5 moderate, 5 low, and 7 no interest. the only one on high or moderate interest that is easy to get I believe is merchandise. I have already done 2 CPs if that counts, I just wonder if that's ok?!? I feel like I shouldn't have 12 for low or no interest haha.

I totally did the same thing. I was over-thinking everything. Some of the roles I really had between a moderate to high level of interest, but I obviously ended up having to pick one or the other.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #112
jobro912
Mouseketeer

Son submitted his application around 8PM Central last night, and had his interview scheduled around 1AM. LOL....I got the text at 1:15...sleep is good. His high interest are mainly Entertainment and Attractions...I'm sure some others, but he tends to be elusive with me at times. He has also heard good things about custodial, so it may be up there on the list.

So to the experienced folks here...if all goes well he is going to Character Auditions in Austin on March 23...does that mean he will be automatically pended until then, or could he be offered a position, then if he got through the audition have it changed? I've heard both, so was wondering.

Thanks.
jobro912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #113
Wishes Count
I Make the Magic! CP 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHopeful! View Post
My computer kind of spazzed when the page after you submit the initial application was loading...could someone kindly tell me what it says?

I read "Thank you for your interest..." and read "What is the next step?" or something like that, but then it closed the page for some reason. (I got a new tablet with Windows 8, and unfortunately it's been kind of touchy. lol)
You should get another email offering you to take the Web based interview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliSW View Post

I had about the same breakdown, no worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobro912 View Post
Son submitted his application around 8PM Central last night, and had his interview scheduled around 1AM. LOL....I got the text at 1:15...sleep is good. His high interest are mainly Entertainment and Attractions...I'm sure some others, but he tends to be elusive with me at times. He has also heard good things about custodial, so it may be up there on the list.

So to the experienced folks here...if all goes well he is going to Character Auditions in Austin on March 23...does that mean he will be automatically pended until then, or could he be offered a position, then if he got through the audition have it changed? I've heard both, so was wondering.

Thanks.
He will most likely be offered another role which he can accept, then he attends the character audition and if selected is changed to that role instead. The only time he would be immediately pended is if he said he was only interested in Character Performer.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #114
jobro912
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for that information...that makes sense. Also thanks for posting the Interview Information and Questions...I forwarded those to him. He needs to get over here and join in.
jobro912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #115
Cherrieboom
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone! My name is Christine and I am going to a community college in Salt Lake City, Utah. I am a freshman majoring in elementary education and minoring in sociology.

When I filled out my application I put High interest for almost all of the jobs because I'm willing to do anything they need me to do but my top 3 are hopper, attractions and full service food and beverage.

Was that a bad idea to put high interest for most of the jobs?
Cherrieboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #116
Hollsey
Finding my laughing place!

Ah! Everybody else is hearing back from Disney within a few hours to take the WBI or at least a Thank You email, and I haven't heard anything. Am I worrying too much and are they really just double-checking my rehire status like I think they are, or should I be mildly concerned about things? (I triple-checked that I had entered the right email--it's the same one I used 3 years ago.) I've never heard of getting a response after submitting an application for the CP that they'll review the application first and let me know within 5 days. Is this common and am I just freaking out over nothing? (Which I'm honestly hoping is just the case.)

Either way, good luck to everybody's that has phone interviews scheduled! This is so exciting!
Summer, 1996 ~ All Star Music Resort // Summer 1999 ~ All Star Sports Resort // June 2003 ~ All Star Movies Resort // July 2007 ~ Coronado Springs Resort // June 2010 - January 2011 ~ CP at All Star Music Resort's Intermission Food Court // August 2011 ~ Coronado Springs Resort // December 2011 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge

What happens when a Creative Writing nerd starts a Disney College Program Blog
Hollsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #117
TerdFerguson18
Earning My Ears

I have a Phone Interview Tuesday the 19th!!!!!!! Good luck everyone, hope we all make it!!!!
TerdFerguson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #118
AliSW
\

Ok glad I'm not the only crazy person! The low/moderate/high interest really bothered me haha.
I passed the WBI thankfully!!!! because it said I didn't answer the question SEVEN times! I have no idea why but after the 7th time I just let it go for 20 seconds so it would definitely work. I was about to cry.
AliSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #119
CMHopeful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollsey View Post
Ah! Everybody else is hearing back from Disney within a few hours to take the WBI or at least a Thank You email, and I haven't heard anything. Am I worrying too much and are they really just double-checking my rehire status like I think they are, or should I be mildly concerned about things? (I triple-checked that I had entered the right email--it's the same one I used 3 years ago.) I've never heard of getting a response after submitting an application for the CP that they'll review the application first and let me know within 5 days. Is this common and am I just freaking out over nothing? (Which I'm honestly hoping is just the case.)

Either way, good luck to everybody's that has phone interviews scheduled! This is so exciting!
Try checking your dashboard, it will tell you if they have received/reviewed it yet. That's how I initially found out. I applied around 3 and got an email around 5:30...don't worry yourself too much! Think happy thoughts!!

Fall '13 CP Hopeful!:

Old 02-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #120
Hollsey
Finding my laughing place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHopeful! View Post
Try checking your dashboard, it will tell you if they have received/reviewed it yet. That's how I initially found out. I applied around 3 and got an email around 5:30...don't worry yourself too much! Think happy thoughts!!
I didn't even think about the Dashboard! Thanks so much for pointing it out to me! I saw that I got the "Thank you..." email that everyone else seems to be mentioning, so I take that as a good sign! And I double-checked and I guess I didn't check my email enough because I missed one letter in my email address, but at least I got to catch it to fix it really quickly.
Summer, 1996 ~ All Star Music Resort // Summer 1999 ~ All Star Sports Resort // June 2003 ~ All Star Movies Resort // July 2007 ~ Coronado Springs Resort // June 2010 - January 2011 ~ CP at All Star Music Resort's Intermission Food Court // August 2011 ~ Coronado Springs Resort // December 2011 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge

What happens when a Creative Writing nerd starts a Disney College Program Blog
Hollsey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: