Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #16
laurafergie
DIS Veteran
 
laurafergie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northeast Oklahoma
Posts: 1,005

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccalizzie View Post
I was thinking about getting my tickets separately but I decided I was too cheap to pay for parking when I am supposed to get it for free for staying on property. If I could get my parking pass too? I'd be straight to the park and check in later!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
You don't need to buy your passes from Disney to get a parking pass. They'll give it to you when you check in. Sometimes the security guard will give you one when you stop at the shack so you might not even have to check-in to get your pass.
I did want to say that once we went straight to the parks before checking in, and thus did not have our KTTW card or a pass. I showed the guard my reservation print out and he gave us a pass and we did not check in first. Now this was in 2009, so YMMV.
__________________
1978 Off Site
1999 Dixie Landings
2008 Fort Wilderness
2009 All Star Sports
2010 Windsor Hills - Christmas at Disney!!
2015 ???? Always Hopeful!
DH Me DS27 DD23 DD22 DD14 DD10
laurafergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #17
leelee9878
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Freehold, NJ
Posts: 699

If you decide to buy to tickets from Disney you can always visit your local disney store to buy them.
__________________
October 2008- Trip w/Josh (bought DVC!) CBR
December 2008- Disney Wonder, 3 Night Bahamas Cruise
January 2009- 1st DVC Stay - SSR
March 2009- Suprise Parents at Disney - SSR
December 2009- Crazy Family Trip #1 AKV Kidani
May 2010- Disney Magic, 11 Night Med Cruise
September 2010- Last Minute Birthday Surprise BWV & BLT
November 2010- Disney Wonder, 3 Night Bahamas Cruise
December 2010- Crazy Family Trip#2 BCV
November 2011- Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas Cruise & SSR
December 2011 - Last Min Trip - OKW
January 2012 - Hawaii - Aulani!!!
leelee9878 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #18
RomeGal
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurafergie

I did want to say that once we went straight to the parks before checking in, and thus did not have our KTTW card or a pass. I showed the guard my reservation print out and he gave us a pass and we did not check in first. Now this was in 2009, so YMMV.
We don't have a Disney store anywhere near us! There may be one in Chattanooga and I know there are some in ATLANTA but we are just over an hour's drive or more from each. Thanks'for the idea, though! I am leaning towards just calling Disney in a little while and ordering them direct. The UT price, even with the MS discount is a teeeeny discount. So, while I totally trust the UT folks, I just don't know if it really matters all that much.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
<a href='http://www.mickeypath.com/'>
<img src='http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1368774031.png'>
</a>
RomeGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #19
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran
 
dsneprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Not in Orlando:(
Posts: 1,066

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeGal

We don't have a Disney store anywhere near us! There may be one in Chattanooga and I know there are some in ATLANTA but we are just over an hour's drive or more from each. Thanks'for the idea, though! I am leaning towards just calling Disney in a little while and ordering them direct. The UT price, even with the MS discount is a teeeeny discount. So, while I totally trust the UT folks, I just don't know if it really matters all that much.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I did mine through UT & got them in 4 days. I was able to save about $90 by buying the ticket with the biggest discount from UT, which happened to be a 5DPH. I need 6 days, but after using the tickets I can add the extra day for about $30 & am still $60 (1 dinner or 2 lunches for us!) ahead. I know the December deal from UT would've been an even bigger savings for me, but I waited & lost out. It seems UT prices change about the time of the newest mousesavers newsletter so it should be just around the corner. FWIW, the deal I lost was $9 more off per ticket & an extra day.
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #20
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran
 
letsgoreds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
The CM who got your your reservation can also purchase tickets at a 10% discount from Gate at Company D which is better than any of the authorized resellers.. The only potential problem is they must be purchased with cash or the CMs own card.

I am doing this for a nephew of mine and he is sending me a check for the amount. And it is allowed by Disney.
Bumping for CF...can the CM use Disney gift cards as well? Thanks!
letsgoreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:05 AM   #21
tinkerone
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,337

not sure what you have in the u.s. however i'm from Canada and we have a program called 'airmiles' where you earn air miles by banking, using your credit card, shopping at certain stores. we these air miles you can either get free flights or they offer things you can get for free as well. in the gift card section we can get Disney passes. I did this on a trip I took by myself to Disney world last august. saved a big chunk of money.
is there any program like that where you are?
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:18 AM   #22
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,315

DD just got the Dining plan on my ressie for $30. I didn't think that was a bad deal at all?? Combining that with the room discount and then the fact that I have an AP... it's a pretty cheap trip...
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #23
robinb
DIS Veteran
 
robinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 31,071

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsneprincess View Post
I did mine through UT & got them in 4 days. I was able to save about $90 by buying the ticket with the biggest discount from UT, which happened to be a 5DPH. I need 6 days, but after using the tickets I can add the extra day for about $30 & am still $60 (1 dinner or 2 lunches for us!) ahead.
You're right! The key with the UT tickets is to find the tickets with the biggest savings which have a list price that is under the list price of the ticket you really want. You then upgrade to a more expensive ticket once you are at WDW and the value of the list price is applied to the new ticket as long as you use it at least once. Check the Ticket FAQ (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684) for more information about "price bridging".

If the OP is looking for a 7-day hopped the current discount is $17 per ticket for a 7-day but $22 for a 5-day that could then be upgraded. I would usually suggest that the OP buy the 5-day and save the extra $5 but there are rumors that Disney is increasing prices in April so I would probably just buy the ticket I wanted because the price increase may be more than the $5 additional savings. $34 is still a lunch at a CS restaurant.
__________________
DVC Member since 1997
Walt Disney World 2013 * Disneyland Paris 2012 * Disneyland 2011 * Hong Kong Disneyland 2007 * Tokyo Disneyland 2007
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #24
RomeGal
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post
not sure what you have in the u.s. however i'm from Canada and we have a program called 'airmiles' where you earn air miles by banking, using your credit card, shopping at certain stores. we these air miles you can either get free flights or they offer things you can get for free as well. in the gift card section we can get Disney passes. I did this on a trip I took by myself to Disney world last august. saved a big chunk of money.
is there any program like that where you are?
Yes - I have an airmiles Amex - but I mostly use my Disney Visa - and I cashed in for $700+ disney dollars and used those disney dollars to pay for part of our suite. They put the $$ on a disney dream rewards card. I was going to just use that for our cash/food but it was all the same difference. Thanks for the suggestion! The $700 saved us a TON.

The UT discount is only $20 for what we need (7 day base) but my CM friend is looking into what she can find for us as far as deals, too. I am still 3 months out so it's not a big deal right now. Also, CM friend says there may be issues with doing the new MyMagic+ stuff (pre-reserving Fastpasses before arrival, etc.) unless purchased directly through disney and tied to the reservation... I have asked for Disney gift cards for mother's day.
__________________
<a href='http://www.mickeypath.com/'>
<img src='http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1368774031.png'>
</a>
RomeGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:19 AM   #25
ampc3
DIS Veteran
 
ampc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,604

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeGal View Post
We don't have a Disney store anywhere near us! There may be one in Chattanooga and I know there are some in ATLANTA but we are just over an hour's drive or more from each. Thanks'for the idea, though! I am leaning towards just calling Disney in a little while and ordering them direct. The UT price, even with the MS discount is a teeeeny discount. So, while I totally trust the UT folks, I just don't know if it really matters all that much.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
]

I noticed your "name" if you are from Rome Ga?... there is a Disney store at Town Lake in Kennesaw Fwiw... that would be much closer than ATL area

ok question here... did something change, b/c I thought one had to have a pkg or DVC to add the DDP?? confused
__________________
ME DH (15) (13) (10) (twins 5)


lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC
ampc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #26
tinkerone
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,337

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeGal View Post
Yes - I have an airmiles Amex - but I mostly use my Disney Visa - and I cashed in for $700+ disney dollars and used those disney dollars to pay for part of our suite. They put the $$ on a disney dream rewards card. I was going to just use that for our cash/food but it was all the same difference. Thanks for the suggestion! The $700 saved us a TON.

The UT discount is only $20 for what we need (7 day base) but my CM friend is looking into what she can find for us as far as deals, too. I am still 3 months out so it's not a big deal right now. Also, CM friend says there may be issues with doing the new MyMagic+ stuff (pre-reserving Fastpasses before arrival, etc.) unless purchased directly through disney and tied to the reservation... I have asked for Disney gift cards for mother's day.
i wanted to apply for a disney visa but they do not allow canadians to apply unless we reside in the u.s. shame because i could sure put it to work.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #27
RomeGal
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampc3 View Post
]

I noticed your "name" if you are from Rome Ga?... there is a Disney store at Town Lake in Kennesaw Fwiw... that would be much closer than ATL area

ok question here... did something change, b/c I thought one had to have a pkg or DVC to add the DDP?? confused
Yes - I'm from Kennesaw (went to North Cobb HS) - but I live in Rome, GA... I actually worked at the Disney store at Town Center on Barrett Parkway when I was in high school a million years ago - but it takes me an hour or so one way to get there from here - and with gas being what it is it would cost me $60 to drive there and back - but I can totally buy Disney gift cards online or at Kroger. And I have the CM friend at WDW, too - and I know she will help me out if necessary.

Thanks for the suggestion, though! To all the native Romans and small town folks, Kennesaw (which was the sticks when I moved there in 1989...) is "metro Atlanta" to them... so we get used to hearing "go to ATL when they really mean "go to Barrett Pkwy." which is, of course, ridiculous.
__________________
<a href='http://www.mickeypath.com/'>
<img src='http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1368774031.png'>
</a>
RomeGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #28
RomeGal
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post
i wanted to apply for a disney visa but they do not allow canadians to apply unless we reside in the u.s. shame because i could sure put it to work.
Honestly, you're probably just as well off with the airmiles program. I only get $1 in Disney Dollars for every $100 I spend. 1% - and I can ONLY use it for Disney - not flights or restaurants or Amazon... I have a high credit limit, I used my Disney Visa consistently for the last 3 years to pay for gas, groceries, etc - and I even put my medical bills on it last year (I had cancer...so it wasn't cheap!) and I still only had the $700 for the last 3-4 years total. I have had the card since 2002. It says "Charter Cardmember" On my card, whatever the heck that means... but I need to look up what benefits I get while I'm actually down there - I heard there is a percentage off in the shops and such?
__________________
<a href='http://www.mickeypath.com/'>
<img src='http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1368774031.png'>
</a>
RomeGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #29
RomeGal
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampc3 View Post
]

I noticed your "name" if you are from Rome Ga?... there is a Disney store at Town Lake in Kennesaw Fwiw... that would be much closer than ATL area

ok question here... did something change, b/c I thought one had to have a pkg or DVC to add the DDP?? confused
Oh - and yes, normally it does have to be a package or DVC to add the dining plan, but according to the CM friend and the 2 CMs I talked to on the phone when paying on my room reservation, since I booked under the cast member discount, I can add the dining plan (to the CM reserved room) without purchasing tickets, and there may be a DDP discount closer to my check in date. If there's not a discount I have satisfied myself that it will be less expensive to eat OOP. So no worries either way there... I thought we had to do the package, too - and I've already pretty much decided that for what we need I'll just call Disney and order them. The CM on the phone said sometimes there is a ticket CM friends & family discount in the spring - it's not much - like 5% - but that's about what the UT discount is anyway.
__________________
<a href='http://www.mickeypath.com/'>
<img src='http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1368774031.png'>
</a>
RomeGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #30
ampc3
DIS Veteran
 
ampc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,604

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeGal View Post
Yes - I'm from Kennesaw (went to North Cobb HS) - but I live in Rome, GA... I actually worked at the Disney store at Town Center on Barrett Parkway when I was in high school a million years ago - but it takes me an hour or so one way to get there from here - and with gas being what it is it would cost me $60 to drive there and back - but I can totally buy Disney gift cards online or at Kroger. And I have the CM friend at WDW, too - and I know she will help me out if necessary.

Thanks for the suggestion, though! To all the native Romans and small town folks, Kennesaw (which was the sticks when I moved there in 1989...) is "metro Atlanta" to them... so we get used to hearing "go to ATL when they really mean "go to Barrett Pkwy." which is, of course, ridiculous.
haha small world.. we live in West cobb ;0 my dd will go to Harrison in the fall

so lucky to know someone who works at Disney!!
__________________
ME DH (15) (13) (10) (twins 5)


lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC
ampc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.