Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #2671
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Thank you Christine for posting the picture of Samwise!!!
Old 02-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #2672
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Janet B- I can't post pics on here. I have some on fb...if you pm me I can either friend you or text you some.
See janet just another reason you need a FB page!
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #2673
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Our deck drifted, so it doesn't look that bad.
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 02-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #2674
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

I'm full of love today... and concern...

Mousemommy... love the pics!

GrumpyGrandma... love that pup!

JanetB... love that you got some to play in!

Happy weekend KOOK, CHRISTINE, MISS, JENNYJINK, DETTIGG and rest of RCers!

I am worried about sjs314... CT big snow zone and no posting. Hope she didn't lose power again.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #2675
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
I'm full of love today... and concern...

Mousemommy... love the pics!

GrumpyGrandma... love that pup!

JanetB... love that you got some to play in!

Happy weekend KOOK, CHRISTINE, MISS, JENNYJINK, DETTIGG and rest of RCers!

I am worried about sjs314... CT big snow zone and no posting. Hope she didn't lose power again.
She's been posting on FB. Lots of snow but I think she still has power. Her furbaby is not liking the weather!
Old 02-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #2676
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Hey guys. I am way too far behind to try to catch up. We are snowed in but all good. Didn't lose power, but I got a snow day from work today.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #2677
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Hey guys. I am way too far behind to try to catch up. We are snowed in but all good. Didn't lose power, but I got a snow day from work today.
A day off work is always good news!
Old 02-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #2678
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Well, we are buried up to over my knees....I'm only 5'3" so that doesn't take much but, we have very close to, if not over 2 feet, and it's still coming down....
I would love to get that kind of snow!! Stay safe and warm.

Quote:
Oh, for those in the income tax return watch....I had filed on 2/4. The IRS has approved my return and it will be deposited into my account on 2/13. Very quick turnaround. Haven't decided what I am doing with it yet, thinking of booking my 2014 trip.....which by the way....has evolved....back into a Disney trip (sort of). Now we are thinking of Feb 4 night Disney cruise, followed by 4-5 nights at Poly.
I just read an article that said the IRS would start processing education credits on the 14th. Hopefully, that means I could have our return in our bank by the end of the month. I would really feel better about this trip, if I could pay more of it off than the deposit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
morning..
AND I LOVE THAT PUPPY...he is adorable...and I keep on saying ...no more after Megara..
SO we have had off and on no heat...of course why did it choose a day when we couldnt even get the area plowed to get the furnace man here...so he told hubby to do something and he has had to do it twice already...

We have over 3 to 4 foot drifts and snow accumulations for our area is over two feet...
Have I mentioned to you all before...I am a Mainer but I hate SNOW and most winters...
Hubby last night went and made another dining reservation...this one was for Beirgarten..he knows I love the apple strudel and vanilla cream topping...and the potato leek soup and the pretzel buns...I can hardly wait...

winds are unbelievable right now...so I will get off before we have a power surge and i lose everything..

have a good day
I hope the power stays on. I can't imagine having that much snow and now power.

Do you know if you can get the apple strudel at the QS outside the Beirgarten? Since we're only doing the basic DDP, we couldn't fit it in this trip, but I really have to have some strudel. It just wouldn't seem like a Disney trip without it.

Quote:
Beautiful, hahahahahaha

That looks so beautiful!!

Quote:
WOO HOO!! No work!! Have a fun day.

To those, who live in the area that got snow, stay safe and warm.

We're just going to have a lazy do nothing day. We were supposed to have gone to the Sci-Fi Con, but the hubby didn't set aside money for it. He assumed we would have our tax return by the time it was here. My sister started texting me last night. She has been in LA on business, but had to fly back last night for a meeting in Dallas on Monday. On her flight was two of the people from Battlestar Galactica that were coming in for the Con. At one point at baggage claim, she was a foot away from James Callis (super hot English actor). Anyway, I think I'm going to leave the house and get some Taco Casa. Maybe then, the DH will get out of bed. The man probably saw the sun come up before he stopped gaming last night.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 02-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #2679
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Hello Everyone,

I just started reading some of this thread and I think I may belong here. I'm going nuts over deciding what the best plan of action is for our Disney trip this May.

We started out waiting for the specials in January 100% decided on POR. It's only our second stay onsite and 1st time with our twins who will be 22 months old the time of the trip. We are also traveling with our 4 year old who has been there once at age 2 and my sister who has only been to MK for a day. Since POR was the only moderate to fit a party of 6 (technically 5 because of the babies) it was an easy choice. And it's so very pretty it was easy to fall in love with pics.

Then the specials came out and I was playing around looking at the price difference of various resorts and found we could stay at BC for about $1,000 more. Now, if you knew me you'd be shocked I would even consider this because I am super frugal and constantly telling myself no no no when it comes to spending money. I ended up deciding on a split stay with 2 days at POR and 5 nights at BC which saved us $400 over a stay entirely at BC. Thought that was a great compromise.

But no, then we did our taxes and found out it was going to be a much higher return than expected so immediately I thought, where can I spend that money at Disney, LOL! I was debating between doing CL at BC but decided instead to drop POR and stay BC the entire 7 nights (although we are offsite the first night with a free stay at Embassy Suites as we come in sort of late).

Now, I'm looking at what we are spending and starting to freak. It's not that we don't have the money at all, but I can't help but think I could do more other things or maybe even plan more frequent trips if we keep the costs down.

But BC sounds so convenient especially with little kids. Being able to walk right back to the resort instead of doing the bus or drive every time. The other concern was the size of the room. We need 2 pack & plays which is probably going to be tight even in the deluxe but sounds super tight in the mods.

Tell me what to do!!

I'm really considering another trip within a year while my twins are still under 3 (not 3 until July 2014). I was even contemplating an annual pass and thinking if we really went cheap on hotels we could fly down instead of drive for a short Thanksgiving trip and still come back next Spring!

What is wrong with me that I can't just make up my mind and go with it?!

I don't really expect an answer anytime soon, but thought perhaps someone here might understand my insanity over this trip.

Looking forward to reading the resort dilemmas of others here.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #2680
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I just started reading some of this thread and I think I may belong here. I'm going nuts over deciding what the best plan of action is for our Disney trip this May.

We started out waiting for the specials in January 100% decided on POR. It's only our second stay onsite and 1st time with our twins who will be 22 months old the time of the trip. We are also traveling with our 4 year old who has been there once at age 2 and my sister who has only been to MK for a day. Since POR was the only moderate to fit a party of 6 (technically 5 because of the babies) it was an easy choice. And it's so very pretty it was easy to fall in love with pics.

Then the specials came out and I was playing around looking at the price difference of various resorts and found we could stay at BC for about $1,000 more. Now, if you knew me you'd be shocked I would even consider this because I am super frugal and constantly telling myself no no no when it comes to spending money. I ended up deciding on a split stay with 2 days at POR and 5 nights at BC which saved us $400 over a stay entirely at BC. Thought that was a great compromise.

But no, then we did our taxes and found out it was going to be a much higher return than expected so immediately I thought, where can I spend that money at Disney, LOL! I was debating between doing CL at BC but decided instead to drop POR and stay BC the entire 7 nights (although we are offsite the first night with a free stay at Embassy Suites as we come in sort of late).

Now, I'm looking at what we are spending and starting to freak. It's not that we don't have the money at all, but I can't help but think I could do more other things or maybe even plan more frequent trips if we keep the costs down.

But BC sounds so convenient especially with little kids. Being able to walk right back to the resort instead of doing the bus or drive every time. The other concern was the size of the room. We need 2 pack & plays which is probably going to be tight even in the deluxe but sounds super tight in the mods.

Tell me what to do!!

I'm really considering another trip within a year while my twins are still under 3 (not 3 until July 2014). I was even contemplating an annual pass and thinking if we really went cheap on hotels we could fly down instead of drive for a short Thanksgiving trip and still come back next Spring!

What is wrong with me that I can't just make up my mind and go with it?!

I don't really expect an answer anytime soon, but thought perhaps someone here might understand my insanity over this trip.

Have you thought about the AoA family suites?

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 02-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #2681
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

Have you thought about the AoA family suites?
Oh sure, throw something else into the mix, lol. Actually I did look at suites initially but the price was enough that to me it wasn't worth it. If I'm spending more I want to be closer/more convenient to the parks. Thought about the cabins too but read that it can be really tough to get around.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #2682
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
They are great! We had to return our MYWs last year for the No Expire, took care of it no problem-o.
When we changed our plans they exchanged WDW tix for US/IoA Super nice there too!!

Quote:
I just realized, the day I want to go down in October? It's our anniversary. Do we really want to fly in on our anniversary? Ugh.
How about the next day...stay an extra 2 days...and I can come see you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
So DH just told me he might not want to go in Nov .... he'd rather have new skis!!! So any of you that might be going that week looks like it might just be DD and me!
Girls adventure!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
That does it, I am officially too slow for this thread.
That's what makes it fun

Quote:
October 26th - 30th, Hubster's 40th spent with Mickey and Co. all gussied up for Halloween. I went with the CR Garden Wing (Garden View). Chickened out on the Deluxe because I'm a weirdo.
Not a weirdo!!! It'll be great

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I came allllll the way over here from that Gluten Free thread of Melissa's and nothing! I've got nothing! Details please! Or do I have to go all the way in my Sea Raycer over to the CR thread

Quote:

I found her - she spilled the beans over on the CR thread - back in my Sea Raycer I go

Quote:
Originally Posted by prune1977 View Post
We actually intend to spend 1 day at MK, 1 ak, 1 HS then 2 at Epcot this year and 1 day resort/dtd. So epcot area would be best. We loved WL but can't stay there now due to 2 yo becoming 3 unless we want to pay for cl and we don't.
Sounds like it's time to try BC or BWI

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
No worries! Messing around with other people's trips keeps me from messing with mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Well you certainly gave me lots of info for when I need it! The power of the RC ladies to answer questions is awesome! And we will use it for sure someday!
It's all good Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
How adorable this is cutie!!!!

Samwise is soooooooooooooooo cute!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
We have over 3 to 4 foot drifts and snow accumulations for our area is over two feet...
Have I mentioned to you all before...I am a Mainer but I hate SNOW and most winters...
Hubby last night went and made another dining reservation...this one was for Beirgarten..he knows I love the apple strudel and vanilla cream topping...and the potato leek soup and the pretzel buns...I can hardly wait...

winds are unbelievable right now...so I will get off before we have a power surge and i lose everything..

have a good day
Stay safe and warm

Quote:
I hope all our Northeastern/New England RCs are OK and have power. What's everyone's snow totals so far? No snow here in NoVa, just windy.
6ish inches...thankfully not too bad, spent hrs doing snowball wars..not a bad night at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Thanks, kook. The sun is out and the drive is now clear! Power and satellite are going strong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Pas, Dani, did you get a lot of snow?!
All good in NJ BFF

Quote:
Beautiful, hahahahahaha

Love it Candace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post

Quote:
We are snowed in but all good. Didn't lose power, but I got a snow day from work today.
Hi sis!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
Having a double stroller...I would definitely recommend BC.....easy peasy. And request a balcony to chill during naptime. POR IMO is too small for all of you! Poly has a higher procetag but the rooms are HUGE compared to the moderates....JMHO. How exciting!!!

And there is NOTHING wrong with you...there are way too many excellent choices is all!!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #2683
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Having a double stroller...I would definitely recommend BC.....easy peasy. And request a balcony to chill during naptime. POR IMO is too small for all of you! Poly has a higher procetag but the rooms are HUGE compared to the moderates....JMHO. How exciting!!!

And there is NOTHING wrong with you...there are way too many excellent choices is all!![/QUOTE]

That's what I'm hoping for, nice and easy. And yes I did request a full balcony particularly for naps and after bedtime. I did hear Poly rooms were bigger. I also thought I heard WL rooms were bigger, but that didn't make sense because they don't hold a party of 5?

And I like that too many choices...I'm not insanely obsessed or anything...just too many choices. Got it!

Thanks!

Old 02-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #2684
padawans
DIS Veteran

GG Love the puppy... so cute.

MM Love the snow bunny she's even cuter than the puppy.

Dis703 Embassy suites and BC sound great.

Jen I think waiting to decide on the AP's is a good idea. It does lock you in on your vacations for a year, and if you have other plans...maybe not a great idea. It's almost like you have an obligation to go.

Pas I didn't know you could change your mind on tickets too. I probably did not need to know that.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:06 AM   #2685
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
How adorable this is cutie!!!!

Soooo cute!!!!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: