Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #1846
Mouseteacher
Being tagged makes you feel warm and fuzzy!
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection
 
Mouseteacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Boston Proud
Posts: 3,854

Last July, we were at extra magic hour morning at AK and they were definitely checking resort keys. A young man in front us didn't have one and was trying to tell the CM he was with someone already in the park. The CM wasn't buying his story. He was asked to step out of the line.
__________________
Mouseteacher is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #1847
SingingMom
DIS Veteran
 
SingingMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouseteacher
Last July, we were at extra magic hour morning at AK and they were definitely checking resort keys. A young man in front us didn't have one and was trying to tell the CM he was with someone already in the park. The CM wasn't buying his story. He was asked to step out of the line.
I imagine the mornings would be strict. DD19 just reminded me that we did have to show the keys at night before entering a ride... The memory is the first thing to go, I'm told..... LOLOLOL

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
SingingMom


08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #1848
Debrn
Mouseketeer
 
Debrn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 495

F&w 2012



View from our room at the Dolphin
__________________
Many Trips as a kid MANY offsite,
1996 ASMO, 04 ASMu
03/09 Poly GV, 12/09 WLV/BLT,
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Debrn is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #1849
Mouseteacher
Being tagged makes you feel warm and fuzzy!
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection
 
Mouseteacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Boston Proud
Posts: 3,854

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
I imagine the mornings would be strict. DD19 just reminded me that we did have to show the keys at night before entering a ride... The memory is the first thing to go, I'm told..... LOLOLOL

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I'm with ya SM. I am surprised I remembered the AK check. Probably because of the young man trying to get in without a resort key. It went on for quite a few minutes.
__________________
Mouseteacher is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #1850
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?
 
tarheelmjfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,043

Have any of you ordered a cake to be delivered to a bar or restaurant at either resort? If so, what were the options? We're going to be bar hopping with our newly turned 21 yr. old. We'll be stopping by the bars at bluezoo, Il Mulino & Shula's to order appetizers & a drink, plus spending time in Kimonos. I'd like to order a cake to be delivered to one of them. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.
__________________
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(USO)
(")_(")


tarheelmjfan is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #1851
Dan Murphy
We are family.
 
Dan Murphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Chicago area, IL
Posts: 78,526

I am not personally familiar with their cakes, but they do have a rather renown bakery on site. I have seen their work through the bakery windows at the Swan, they look great.

Here is a link with phone number you can call.

http://www.swandolphincatering.com/
__________________
Dan-'Let's Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand'--We are Family

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net







.
Dan Murphy is online now  
Old 02-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #1852
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!
 
Tess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: A Buckeye in Wolverine Country
Posts: 3,983

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelmjfan View Post
Have any of you ordered a cake to be delivered to a bar or restaurant at either resort? If so, what were the options? We're going to be bar hopping with our newly turned 21 yr. old. We'll be stopping by the bars at bluezoo, Il Mulino & Shula's to order appetizers & a drink, plus spending time in Kimonos. I'd like to order a cake to be delivered to one of them. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.
Where are you staying, Swan or Dolphin? It would make a difference in my suggestion. If you are ending your night and staying at Swan, I would order it delivered to Kimonos--how fun would it be with Karaoke and cake?

Frankly, with a newly minted 21 year old, I would hit Jelly Rolls rather than any of the above and have a cake delivered there. Way more fun than the sedate places you have listed.
__________________
Tess is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #1853
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?
 
tarheelmjfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
I am not personally familiar with their cakes, but they do have a rather renown bakery on site. I have seen their work through the bakery windows at the Swan, they look great.

Here is a link with phone number you can call.

http://www.swandolphincatering.com/
Thanks for the link. That helps a lot. We'll call to see what they offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
Where are you staying, Swan or Dolphin? It would make a difference in my suggestion. If you are ending your night and staying at Swan, I would order it delivered to Kimonos--how fun would it be with Karaoke and cake?

Frankly, with a newly minted 21 year old, I would hit Jelly Rolls rather than any of the above and have a cake delivered there. Way more fun than the sedate places you have listed.

We aren't staying at either resort. We chose the Boardwalk area for the excellent food options & bluezoo has some very creative cocktails. I'm sure the other bars do also. DH or I & DS's GF won't be drinking alcohol, so great food is important. Plus, our DS likes karaoke making Kimonos a popular choice. He & his GF are also excited to dress up nice & make it an adult evening. They chose the Boardwalk area over DTD for this reason. Maybe, they get enough of the party atmosphere in college. I'm not sure I want to know. She isn't 21 yet, so we can't go to Jellyrolls. I was thinking we'd start at Crew's Cup, then move to S/D. We'll probably end at Kimonos, because he'd rather hang out there.
__________________
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(USO)
(")_(")


tarheelmjfan is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #1854
joannalh
Mouseketeer
 
joannalh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 206

Hello! I'm checking out this thread for the first time because I've just decided to attend a conference at the Swan this October, and bring my family along. I was on the fence about attending as the conference only sort of related to my field, but today I found out about a second conference happening earlier that same week in Orlando that is directly relevant to my work, so I've decided we should all take a long trip and I'll go to parts of both. The first conference is actually closer to Universal Studios, so we might do a split stay. I'm super excited. I know nothing about the Swan/Dolphin though I've had several Disney visits before. Hooray! Off to read the thread!
__________________
March 2008 Off-site
March 2010 WL
March 2012 CSR/Disney Dream Bahamas/POR!
joannalh is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #1855
catiesmom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 32

What room arrangement would work best for us?

We currently have 3 standard rooms reserved at the Swan for late April for our group of 7 (me, DH, 4yo DD, 3yo DS, 20 mo DS, MIL & FIL). DH & I will be in one room with the kids in an adjoining room. Youngest DS is still in a crib. MIL & FIL will be in the third room hopefully close to us. We're there for 8 days/7 nights and all rooms are on points.

Currently all 2 bedroom suites are unavailable but if one opens up, we do have the points to cover it. And DH has platinum status so they have said that we are likely to receive an upgrade if available.

Which arrangement would give us more space and comfort?

A 2-bedroom suite or 3 standard rooms. I've looked at the floor plans and pictures but I still have a hard time deciding. Also we'll be taking turns bringing the kids back for naps and bedtime. It would be convenient for the in-laws to be in the same room so they don't have to wait up for us and have easy access to their stuff. But MIL and FIL need separate beds although MIL will sleep on a couch/sleeper sofa. And the older 2 kids need beds.

We all get along pretty well (sometimes I do hit my limit of in-law time though!) so we would be ok in the same quarters as long as we are not on top of each other.

Thanks for your input!
catiesmom is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #1856
KYTink
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 38

Bluezoo cocktails

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelmjfan View Post
Thanks for the link. That helps a lot. We'll call to see what they offer.




We aren't staying at either resort. We chose the Boardwalk area for the excellent food options & bluezoo has some very creative cocktails. I'm sure the other bars do also. DH or I & DS's GF won't be drinking alcohol, so great food is important. Plus, our DS likes karaoke making Kimonos a popular choice. He & his GF are also excited to dress up nice & make it an adult evening. They chose the Boardwalk area over DTD for this reason. Maybe, they get enough of the party atmosphere in college. I'm not sure I want to know. She isn't 21 yet, so we can't go to Jellyrolls. I was thinking we'd start at Crew's Cup, then move to S/D. We'll probably end at Kimonos, because he'd rather hang out there.
I can't remember the name ("Serenity" maybe) but Bluezoo has an awesome martini that has basil and strawberries in it. I highly recommend this cocktail!! It sounds weird, but I promise, it is yummy! Enjoy the birthday celebrations!
__________________
KYTink is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #1857
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas
 
RachelTori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Georgia & SSR
Posts: 13,398

Here's the link to Blue Zoo's cocktail menu

http://swandolphinmeetings.com/menus...cocktails.html

DH had the Bazooka Joe (which did taste just like Bazooka Bubble Gum!! ) and my favorite is Zooberry.

Serenity is listed and I may have to try that one next time!
__________________
LOR-uh



RachelTori is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #1858
patty57
DIS Veteran
 
patty57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 2,391

I had the Burnt Orange...loved it!
patty57 is online now  
Old 02-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #1859
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?
 
tarheelmjfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYTink View Post
I can't remember the name ("Serenity" maybe) but Bluezoo has an awesome martini that has basil and strawberries in it. I highly recommend this cocktail!! It sounds weird, but I promise, it is yummy! Enjoy the birthday celebrations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Here's the link to Blue Zoo's cocktail menu

http://swandolphinmeetings.com/menus...cocktails.html

DH had the Bazooka Joe (which did taste just like Bazooka Bubble Gum!! ) and my favorite is Zooberry.

Serenity is listed and I may have to try that one next time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty57 View Post
I had the Burnt Orange...loved it!
Thanks for the drink suggestions & menu. I usually consider ordering one of the creative cocktails, then go with the boring wine flight. Since we aren't going for a full meal, this weekend will be a good time to try one of the cocktails.
__________________
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(USO)
(")_(")


tarheelmjfan is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #1860
mikegood2
DIS Veteran
 
mikegood2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 519

Quote:
Originally Posted by catiesmom
What room arrangement would work best for us?

We currently have 3 standard rooms reserved at the Swan for late April for our group of 7 (me, DH, 4yo DD, 3yo DS, 20 mo DS, MIL & FIL). DH & I will be in one room with the kids in an adjoining room. Youngest DS is still in a crib. MIL & FIL will be in the third room hopefully close to us. We're there for 8 days/7 nights and all rooms are on points.

Currently all 2 bedroom suites are unavailable but if one opens up, we do have the points to cover it. And DH has platinum status so they have said that we are likely to receive an upgrade if available.

Which arrangement would give us more space and comfort?

A 2-bedroom suite or 3 standard rooms. I've looked at the floor plans and pictures but I still have a hard time deciding. Also we'll be taking turns bringing the kids back for naps and bedtime. It would be convenient for the in-laws to be in the same room so they don't have to wait up for us and have easy access to their stuff. But MIL and FIL need separate beds although MIL will sleep on a couch/sleeper sofa. And the older 2 kids need beds.

We all get along pretty well (sometimes I do hit my limit of in-law time though!) so we would be ok in the same quarters as long as we are not on top of each other.

Thanks for your input!
If a suite becomes available I would think that would be the better option. When we went my brother, SIL and two nieces stayed in the room portion of an executive suite. I had the suite portion! we all used the suite when the girls were down for a nap or bedtime.

We only had a executive suite with one room, but this http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post41611740page has photos of the rooms.

Sent from my iPad mini using DISBoards
mikegood2 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: