Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #91
lahicks68
Earning My Ears

Unhappy Thanks but I guess I'm stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomy-san View Post
They do provide them as long as you are on a DCL excursion. There are bins of towels all around the pool deck so no need to pack towels at all! Save some room for souvenirs though!!
We are taking a Disney excursion in Cozumel but not Grand Cayman. I had to book our own excursion in Grand Cayman because they didn't have anything I could take my 2yr olds on. We are going to Stringray City so I guess I'll have to pack towels.

Thanks for the info though.

lahicks68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #92
moomy-san
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lahicks68 View Post
We are taking a Disney excursion in Cozumel but not Grand Cayman. I had to book our own excursion in Grand Cayman because they didn't have anything I could take my 2yr olds on. We are going to Stringray City so I guess I'll have to pack towels.

Thanks for the info though.
I think if you just tuck them in your backpack, no one would be the wiser. Just make sure you bring them back. There is no tracking device or anything that would indicate that you are taking them off the ship, so I think as long as you are conscientious it should be fine.
DCL Western Caribbean aboard the Fantasy February 2014

Next up... DCL Eastern aboard the Fantasy with NO KIDS February 2015! And we're GOLD, Baby!
moomy-san is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 07:21 AM   #93
kelzow
Earning My Ears

Car rental FLL to Miami CHEAP!

FYI Car rentals have been SUPER low for 2 days now. Just booked my Car from FLL to Miami for 2 days ... Midsize SUV for $34/day! I will be getting to FL 2 days prior cruise incase of flight delays...it is WINTER and Im flying in from NY. Alamo....which will bring you to and pick you up from the port. A whole lot cheaper than those Taxi's/limos/vans at $12++ per person if you are arriving early.
kelzow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:34 AM   #94
lahicks68
Earning My Ears

I think I'll do that!

Quote:
I think if you just tuck them in your backpack, no one would be the wiser. Just make sure you bring them back. There is no tracking device or anything that would indicate that you are taking them off the ship, so I think as long as you are conscientious it should be fine.
You are so right! I did that when we went on Carnival, no one checks. I need the room for my FE stuff! Thank you.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #95
WIFosterMama
Earning My Ears

Just booked our cruise this week. This is our first time with DD3, turning 4 in 2 weeks. We also have a friend and her DS6 coming, separate cabin.

lroberts, I just PM'd you on FB to join the FE group. I am Kimberly.

My DH and I have done 2 cruises on other lines before, so this is our first with DD we just adopted in June. She cannot wait to get on the "BIG, BIG BOAT!". We are celebrating our February birthdays on the ship, although mine is actually the day before we depart and hers is early February.

We are coming from Orlando as we have to leave a foster son behind while we do this trip, his first nights without mama or daddy.

Looking forward to a WONDERful cruise!

Kimberly
WIFosterMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:53 AM   #96
lbroberts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIFosterMama
Just booked our cruise this week. This is our first time with DD3, turning 4 in 2 weeks. We also have a friend and her DS6 coming, separate cabin.

lroberts, I just PM'd you on FB to join the FE group. I am Kimberly.

My DH and I have done 2 cruises on other lines before, so this is our first with DD we just adopted in June. She cannot wait to get on the "BIG, BIG BOAT!". We are celebrating our February birthdays on the ship, although mine is actually the day before we depart and hers is early February.

We are coming from Orlando as we have to leave a foster son behind while we do this trip, his first nights without mama or daddy.

Looking forward to a WONDERful cruise!

Kimberly
I don't have a PM from you...wonder if you sent it to someone else? The FE is closed so if you want to do it you really need to get your name on the list. Some are leaving a few weeks before the actually cruise so they need to finalize their gifts and get packed up! Lori Beth Yeager Roberts is my name to search for.
lbroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #97
cielo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I just saw this question posted on the forums but can't post the link - too much of a newbie!

You can find it under "Beach towels for excursions???"
Someone just got back from the 5 day on the Wonder (post #6) and said that they were available for all.

We will be on the Wonder with our 5 and 2 year old, can't wait!
cielo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #98
gstar
Earning My Ears

I haven't received my Cruise Booklet with my luggage tags. How many of you have received your booklet?

Also, can you confirm which night is the semi-formal night?
gstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #99
lahicks68
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstar View Post
I haven't received my Cruise Booklet with my luggage tags. How many of you have received your booklet?

We received ours about 2 weeks ago. I believe the semi-formal night is on February 26, our second night.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #100
kelzow
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstar View Post

You should call Disney and let them know you havent recieved yet! We got ours a few weeks ago. Maybe if you just booked, there may be a delay. We booked in Dec, and they came FAST!
Old 02-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #101
LeslieAA
Earning My Ears

How can I get involved in onboard meets?

Hi there - new poster, here! My DD6 and I are coming on our second Disney Cruise and I just stumbled on this forum thread by accident. We would love to connect with other families, especially little girls without siblings who would like a buddy during the trip. I'm also curious about the fish project - any experts out there who can give me a quick update?

Thanks in advance!
LeslieAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #102
kelzow
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieAA View Post
Hi there - new poster, here! My DD6 and I are coming on our second Disney Cruise and I just stumbled on this forum thread by accident. We would love to connect with other families, especially little girls without siblings who would like a buddy during the trip. I'm also curious about the fish project - any experts out there who can give me a quick update?

Thanks in advance!
WELCOME!!! We had started a Private Fish Extender FB Group for us to all talk back & forth. Unfortunately our FE group is closed and no longer taking new people, because we all have 15 days left before setting sail. I am sure nobody would mind if you joined in to chat in the group.

We will be meeting up on the ship right before the Mandatory Safety Drill. Location and exact time TBA.
My daughter is 8 ...and shy (at first) , so, would love for her to find a friend. scroll up through this feed to see how to be added to the group. Any problems, let me know
Old 02-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #103
LeslieAA
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the welcome!

Well, we're looking forward to meeting new friends even if the fish extender project is closed - we'll have to live vicariously through the rest of you! We'll look forward to hearing more!

Last time we made friends with the people at our table who were from Texas and great, but would love to broaden the circle!

Only two more weeks for us!
Old 02-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #104
LeslieAA
Earning My Ears

Facebook?

Kelzow, checked the Facebook link mentioned earlier and it doesn't allow me to jon - is this related to the FE issue?

Any leads, anyone? Sorry to ask when you are no doubt all trying to get your bags ready but clued into this rather late...
Old 02-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #105
kelzow
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieAA View Post
Kelzow, checked the Facebook link mentioned earlier and it doesn't allow me to jon - is this related to the FE issue?

Any leads, anyone? Sorry to ask when you are no doubt all trying to get your bags ready but clued into this rather late...
Private Message me your FB name and I will send you an invite. That should work.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: