DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 12:45 AM   #1
Pacha
Mouseketeer

AKL value studio ???

Have done some searching through the forums and answered a lot of question my DW and I had, but a few still remain. We are planning on renting points from David's for a value studio at Jambo House for our next trip.

1) I am pretty sure from my research that even though we are renting we get free access to the DVC laundry on the 5th floor and the fitness center (correct me please if I'm wrong).

2) What size coffee makers are in the value studios and if smaller than normal what size filters do we need to bring or are the filters and coffee provided.

3) Can we use the DVC grocery delivery service ?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Oct 2007-11 nights @ Port Orleans French Quarter / Oct 2009 11 nights @ Port Orleans French Quarter
May 2012 4 nights @ Royal Pacific Resort USO / June 2012 10 nights @ Coranado Springs
May 2015 12 nights @ Old Key West Villas
Pacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
kristenrice
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacha View Post
Have done some searching through the forums and answered a lot of question my DW and I had, but a few still remain. We are planning on renting points from David's for a value studio at Jambo House for our next trip.

1) I am pretty sure from my research that even though we are renting we get free access to the DVC laundry on the 5th floor and the fitness center (correct me please if I'm wrong).

Yes to the laundry....not 100% sure on the fitness center....

2) What size coffee makers are in the value studios and if smaller than normal what size filters do we need to bring or are the filters and coffee provided.

IIRC, they are standard, 10-cup coffee makers. I believe there is one packet of regular and one packet of decaf that are provided in filter packs. If you want more, you will need to bring it or buy it.

Yes.

Thanks in advance for your help,
I wish you good luck in securing your reservation. There are only 18 value studios available in the entire resort. 10 of them are part of the 2BR lock-offs. David will need to find an AKV owner who can book your reservation for you right at 11 months or you may be out of luck. The value rooms are a great deal and there are so few of them, they go fast.

2001 OKW 2002 WL for HONEYMOON!January 2008 POP/OKW October 2008 AKV GIRLS ONLY! June 2009 AKV October 2009 POP with my BFF for my Birthday April 2010 AKV April 2011 HHI Oct 2011 BLT/BWV with DSiL June 2012 GRAND GATHERING at OKW April 2013 HHI November 2013 AKV *1st Half-Marathon*Oct 2014 Surprising the Nieces at AKV May 2015 AKV Expedition Everest Challenge
kristenrice is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 09:26 AM   #3
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
I think the fitness center is available to all AKV guests.

Quote:
Does DVC even have its own grocery delivery service? I’m pretty sure you have the same options as DVCers, regardless.

I definitely agree that getting a value studio can be tough for renters. You need to book very early (and have very solid plans as there are typically no refunds for cancellation.

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #4
dgaston
Proudly wears a "Believes in Fairies" t-shirt

While you can use the DVC delivery service, it's the resort prices, IIRC. Most DVCers use wegoshop or gardengrocer for grocery delivery.

I am one of those creative micro-cookers who can do a lot with the toaster, microwave, and coffeepot, and a few microwave meals from Voila, and Buitoni. Just remember there isn't a lot of room in the freezer. I bring stuff from home like oatmeal packets, cocoa, pre-cooked bacon, cheese, sandwich flatbreads, etc.

dgaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #5
drusba

DIS Veteran

The fitness center is available to all AKL guests (hotel and DVC) at no extra charge.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:49 AM   #6
ohionola
Mouseketeer

David's was able to get me one of these for Spring Break this year. I did book at 11 months though.
ohionola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #7
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Yes, as far as the coffee makers-they are the big ones....theoretically. And every time I've been fortunate enough to have a value studio, I've gotten one. However, in another studio I got the little coffee maker. As a coffee drinker, I wanted the big coffee maker, so I called housekeeping. Just a few minutes later they brought me the big coffee maker-and brand new too.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #8
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Can anyone tell me about the AKV Jambo House value studios? We were lucky enough to get one for a future trip and would like to know what to expect in the way of views, location, etc.

TIA.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #9
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizBub
Can anyone tell me about the AKV Jambo House value studios? We were lucky enough to get one for a future trip and would like to know what to expect in the way of views, location, etc.

TIA.
The Values are located along the Ostrich and Giraffe Trails. They can have either a Parking Lot, Pool or Savanna View. The link below is a map of the Jambo House DVC Villas.

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 02-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #10
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
The Values are located along the Ostrich and Giraffe Trails. They can have either a Parking Lot, Pool or Savanna View. The link below is a map of the Jambo House DVC Villas.

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thank you Michael. Very helpful!!
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #11
Fenceman
Mouseketeer

We stayed in a value 2-bedroom which was a studio and a 1-bedroom lock-off. We were on 2nd floor looking at the entrance and watched everyone unloading there cars to check in. Didn't spend too much time in the room.
Fenceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #12
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

Our views from value studio at Jambo room 5122.

Looking right

Looking left

straight view

first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15, Fall 2016
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: