Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #9
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

updated 2/9/13

DINNER @ ANIMATOR'S PALATE

our dining rotation was AERAERA & we had second seating which is 8:15. we arrived at about 8:10 & there was a line to get inside. our table number was 74. another perk of concierge is that your family gets to sit at their own table, which i thought was nice.

animator's palate was located on the 3rd floor, aft. it was pretty rocky this night and i felt slightly queasy. upon entering the dining area, a cm hands every single person a hand sanitizing wipe. they did this before every dining opportunity minus when we had brunch at palo.

we were shown our table which was close to the large projection screens (they are all over the place) but directly in front of the area where the cm's place drinks, food etc. it was a really busy area but we didn't mind because we ate quickly this evening as the rocking of the boat was really getting to me. i wish i had taken a bonine earlier!

our servers were mr. o'neil from jamaica and his assistant was mr. ninja. (yes ninja). they were both very efficient and very nice. i don't know how they manage to serve all the tables & get the orders right but they did.

loved the chair!

...now to the fun stuff.

menu!

we ate at AP three times & each time there is a different menu for the night. on the 3rd night (which is the animation night), there is a picture of sorcerer mickey which moves.

every meal in the main dining rooms came with a bread service & a special spread in addition to butter & whipped butter.

such a cute butter knife!
tip: you can buy these knives in the gift shops to take home with you.

and for our appetizers, we had:

Black Truffle Pasta Pursettes - pasta purse filled with truffle scented cheese and coated with a delicate champagne sauce

this appetizer was recommended by our server. it was ok. it didn't blow me away or wow me. but out of the three that we ordered, it definitely was the best.

Wild Mushroom Risotto and Porcini Twist - served with Parmigiano-Reggiano

this tasted as bad as it looks. it didn't look pretty & i found it to be pretty bland. i didn't get much mushroom flavor despite appearing as if there were a ton of mushrooms in this. overall, unappetizing.

Sesame-flavored Rock Shrimp and Caramelized Onion Cheesecake - with Asian barbecue sauce and topped with micro greens

this item really intrigued me when i saw it on the menu. unfortunately, it did not deliver. it lacked flavor. a lot of the food on the ship was underseasoned and bland. the texture of the cheesecake reminded me of cold quiche. i didn't get much sesame flavor from it. i gave it three bites and was done with it.

so far, we were disappointed in the meal.

the lights dimmed during appetizer service & our friend crush appears!

emme had no idea what was going on!

crush was pretty cool as he would communicate with different people in the dining area. it really took people off guard and one little guy ducked under the table as crush was talking to him. overall, great entertainment!

emme was really amused by crush as were all the kids.

our entrees arrived pretty quickly.

the kids meal.

Grilled Pacific Black Cod: With sautéed Morel Mushrooms on a Sweet Potato Purée

this was what my mom ordered. my mom loves seafood & wanted to try this. this fish was actually good but kind of dry. we always ordered a fish entree and for the most part, the fish was really fishy but on this night, this cod was tasty for the most part.

Marinated Angus Beef Tenderloin carved to order on wasabi mashed potatoes with bok choy and a tamarind-barbecue reduction

this was my entree. the tenderloin was tender and the mashed potatoes didn't have much wasabi in it but was good. there wasn't much bok choy on the plate and i thought the carrots were cute. after the disappointing appetizers, AP redeemed itself with a tasty entree.

now to dessert (emme's favorite part of any meal).

Vanilla ice cream with mickey sprinkles

my daughter is pretty simple in her needs for dessert. vanilla ice cream & sprinkles is the perfect dessert for her. and she enjoyed every last bite of it! mr. o'neil was really accommodating when we ordered this. i was very thankful.

i'm not much of a dessert fan but was very curious with this:

No sugar added: Citrus Lemon Mousse With Mango Coulis

the mousse was more like a very airy & light cake. it wasn't overly sweet & i really enjoyed it. two thumbs up!

overall, our first meal in rotational dining was a good experience. the dining room was very very busy. i did request any kind of hot sauce (minus tobasco, texas pete etc) with our meals. they did not have sriracha on board but they did have sambal. with our other meals, they made sure we had a bowl of sambal at our table. it was very thoughtful.

the appetizers were somewhat disappointing but the entrees were good (minus the semi-dry cod). the atmosphere was great but the rocking of the boat made me queasy. our servers were amazing & we had a great experience.

after we left animator's palate, we ran into some friends.

tiana & emme.

we have never met tiana at disney world. when she's out and about, the lines are tremendous & i just don't have the patience to wait. but tiana was out in the lobby atrium right as we were exiting dinner. perfect timing! she looked beautiful in her dress. out of all the character pictures we had taken, tiana took the most time with the children. it was very heart warming to see the faces of these little girls light up.

goofy!!

sleeping beauty.

up next, day 2 & emme's big birthday!

Last edited by emmebear; 02-09-2013 at 02:38 PM.
emmebear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12020, concierge, eastern, fantasy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: