Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #736
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

I didn't book mine until in the middle of the night the day it was released this time and got a 9pm time. In November when we went I booked a couple hours after it was open and got a 8:15 time and we were 3 rows back from the rail. No I myself am curious as to where we will sit since I got right on the hour this time. We are going the 25th
Old 02-09-2013, 08:48 AM   #737
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleWDWfan View Post
Tables are Pre-Assigned. From what I have heard, they seat you based on the order when you called for any given date. Not 100% sure on this.

I was online when it was posted that March ressies were open and I immediately called disney dining. I will be glad report back in the thread how this worked out for me, and where I get seated. My ressie is for March 11th.
This is true based on our experience. We've been to the DP 3 times. Twice we booked within the first day of the reservations opening, and both times we were in the front row (once with 2 people, once with 3.) The other time we didn't decide to go until about 2 months after reservations opened up (we were lucky our date was even still available.) That time, we were all the way in the back. Let me know if anyone has questions about seating, people standing in front of you, etc... We've had a variety of experiences, and I'd be happy to share!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #738
z2akids
Earning My Ears

To those of you wgo have been, is there front row seating for parties of 5? According to the CM, we were the first reservation for our date, but I keep reading about smaller parties at the rail.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #739
kgsmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by z2akids
To those of you wgo have been, is there front row seating for parties of 5? According to the CM, we were the first reservation for our date, but I keep reading about smaller parties at the rail.
I can't remember if there was a larger table in the very front row last August when we went. But we were a table of three in the front row, all the way to the left (nearest to the Photopass photographer). There were several larger tables (5 or 6 people) in the row behind us. The people at some of those tables never stood at the rail. I'm assuming that they could see the fireworks from their seats.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 02-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #740
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

what do u think is the best time to be there

Hello,
I have never been and wanted to know what u all thought was the best time to have a reservation? The fireworks start around 9, right? So if ur there for a 7pm reservation ur sitting there for 2 hrs before the fireworks start and to me that is 2 hrs away from the park doing stuff. What r ur thoughts on what the best time to go there is???

Thanks

Me DH (Won't fly, not going) Kyle DS (12yrs old)
1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
2012~Disneyland (only 1 day)
2013 ~POR/Hardrock Universal
Old 02-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #741
PacoDF
Mouseketeer

The party starts 1 hour before the fireworks. It doesnt matter the time of your reservation. You will be seated 1 hour before the show.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #742
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

so y do they have different reservation times? Is it to keep the crowds down? So people won't be arriving all at the same time? Just trying to understand fully so we are educated and have a clue when we get there. There is 9 in our party.

1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
Old 02-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #743
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinggirl
so y do they have different reservation times? Is it to keep the crowds down? So people won't be arriving all at the same time? Just trying to understand fully so we are educated and have a clue when we get there. There is 9 in our party.
I'm guessing its one of Disney mystery as to the reservation times. Probably difficulty with the current reservation system, so staggered times may be necessary. What day did you get your ADR for?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014
Old 02-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #744
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
What day did you get your ADR for?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I am trying for April 27th, They haven't opened it yet so calling in weekly and watching here if anyone gets April dates.
Thanks

1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
Old 02-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #745
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by z2akids View Post
Yes, larger parties are placed in the front row. When we were there in October there were several parties in the front row that were 5+. I think I had even counted a party of 10 in the front row. We were in the front row as a party of 6.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #746
Quin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinggirl View Post
The ADR system insists on treating the Dessert Party like a restaurant (where you have to stagger reservation times) rather than a single-time show (like HDDR or the Luau). Prior posters are correct - no matter what time the ADR system assigns you, the one and only Party for the night starts 1 hour prior to Wishes, so you should arrive 10 -15 minutes before that to check in and get wristbands (they give wristbands because if you have to use the rest room you have to leave the enclosed Party area and the wristband lets you back in). If Wishes is at 9 pm and your ADR says 8:30 pm, not showing up until 8:30 just means you missed half the time you paid for. But if your ADR says 6 pm, showing up at 6 means you'll just stand there for 2 hours and doesn't get you a better seat - they are indeed pre-assigned.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #747
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by z2akids View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt2dz View Post
Yes, larger parties are placed in the front row. When we were there in October there were several parties in the front row that were 5+. I think I had even counted a party of 10 in the front row. We were in the front row as a party of 6.
Yes. All 3 times we've gone there have been larger parties in the front row. The last time we went we were in the front row right beside a table of 8. They were seated in the front row on the right end each time.
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 02-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #748
jadephoenixx
Earning My Ears

Seeing all the people who got their March ressies makes me so excited and anxious to make our May ressies! We're waiting for May 8th, which will be our last full day at WDW....thought it would be a great way to end our vacation.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #749
DisneyDad728
Earning My Ears

Can't wait for April reservations to open!

Hoping this thread will give an advantage once they do.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:19 AM   #750
glvsav37
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlundeen

Tables are set back quite a ways from the railing, and are only assigned for the Dessert portion. Once the show starts, everyone stands at the railing. Most people are nice enough to let the kids in front, but since the show takes place over the Castle, there really are no bad spots....

We were told that we couldn't bring the chairs up to the railing.

Hope this helps.
Thank you!

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tommorland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: