Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 08:01 AM   #16
TeresaNJ

Knows the tricks to get the Tag Fairies' attention! Likes all pretty colors Gets teary when she hears Garth sing "The Dance"

http://www.disboards.com/forumdispla...sprune=30&f=29
TeresaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #17
Dis703
DIS Veteran

I would go for POR and book a royal room. I'm sure your DD would love that. The grounds there are really beautiful.

And I agree book now and stay moderate. You never know what next year will bring. Take advantage and do it when you know you can.

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #18
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Another vote for now!

I would rather go to WDW more frequently and stay at a moderate then go less frequently. We are the type of people that really like to enjoy our resort, but no necessarily the room. We have stayed at CSR and CBR and POR/POFQ just does not appeal to us. I would have no problem to stay at CSR again, but for right now we are enjoying the deluxes (ending soon with DS16 just 1 1/2 years away for college).
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

1971DBday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #19
snorkelyn
Mouseketeer

Go Now!

We are faced with a similar situation. We stayed at the Poly on our 1st trip 3 years ago, and LOVED it. We planned to go back again 2 years later. We never did, and it will be 3 years this September. So, we decided to change our plan, and stay at a Mod this September. I am hoping for free dining plan (they have been offering that every fall for many years now), and that saves my family of 5 over $1,000. We are even extending our trip to 11 days (and it will still be significantly cheaper than a week at a deluxe).
I regret "waiting for the deluxe", and missing out on a good trip last year. The kids could care less where you stay. A trip to Disney (regardless of where you stay) will create priceless family memories. Your DD is at a good princess age right now too.
Maybe we will see you at POR this September!!
snorkelyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: