Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 06:19 AM   #2836
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
What time can you get to the bakery in France from on a morning?
I believe at 9 am, when EPCOT opens. Normally places in the World Showcase are not open until 11 am

I can't remember- on EMH mornings, does the bakery open at 8 am or still 9 am?

Did someone post the blog link on this thread? If so, please repost, if you can.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:28 AM   #2837
natebenma
DIS Veteran

So far, so good here. We have power. Just lost my internet connection for a minute, but I brought it back up.

Not sure of snow totals, but the snow is up to the top of our front steps.

Hope everyone is safe and warm!!!

Jay, check in when you can. Be thinking of you today, especially during the high tides.

Dee

PS- if you are looking for a Tropical Distraction today, I am almost finished my Atlantis Trip Report. Just 1 post left to write- my tour of Nassau. It starts on Page 56 of my Welcome Foolish Muggles Trip Report. If you are considering a trip here with your family, there's a lot of info!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 06:35 AM   #2838
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
So far, so good here. We have power. Just lost my internet connection for a minute, but I brought it back up.
!
1....Power
2....Internet
3....Food

....In that order...We Can Make It Through This
Good luck Y&BC family. Thinking about Y'all!

Old 02-09-2013, 07:03 AM   #2839
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
1....Power
2....Internet
3....Food

....In that order...We Can Make It Through This
Good luck Y&BC family. Thinking about Y'all!
1) Coffee
2) Power
2a) Internet (may be able to check in on my phone)
3) Food
Old 02-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #2840
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Hope you guys are all still OK. Just saw an update on the news of 650,000 people with no power !!!

Stay warm and safe.
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 02-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #2841
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

1) Coffee
2) Power
3) Food
Yes!!!! Lol

Old 02-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #2842
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoni View Post
Need to get on the Be our Guest list! BCV 12/29-1/5!

Thank you Storm Nemo for finally getting us so sick of winter weather to get on the bandwagon to get a trip planned!
back!!!

I'll add you to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakacie View Post
Hello! I'm new here, but we're having our first stay at BC in April. I've been working my way through the thread and it's taking me a while - only 21 pages in!!

Anyways, I just saw this article and I'm even more excited about our upcoming trip - food and wine style booths during flower and garden!! Yeah!!

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/epcot...n-festival.htm

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Thanks for posting the link about the F&G festival. That's cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissyb8885 View Post
Staying at the yacht club for the first time in april!!!!! Really hoping to get the king bedroom with daybed....are there very many of those rooms?? Also any suggestions for room requests? We are booked for garden view and will be traveling with our 2 year old daughter.

Thanks!
-Chrissy

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

I'm not really sure how many rooms at the YC have King beds and/or a King/Daybed configuration.

Add the request to your reservation now, call again 7-10 days out. Generally, when you have a request that is important to you, we recommend that you don't do the online check-in so you can discuss with the checkin CM whether your room request has been met. We have more info about this on Page 1, in the FAQ post.

I'm not sure if this advice will change with all of the My Disney Experience stuff, so if anyone has input about that, let us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl4bby View Post
Grapefruit no blue. This was yc cl a few weeks ago
to the thread.

Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4dice View Post
Hi! I've been spending some time lurking on this thread before and after my first visit to the BC in January. We loved it and hope to return soon! I appreciate all the great tips and info on the thread! I saw some posts asking for a picture of the current grapefruit H2O products. I happened to snap one during our trip so I'm including it in this post. Sorry the picture isn't better but I used my cell phone to take it. These were in our BC CL room.
Veronica
Thanks, again!

Old 02-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #2843
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Thanks Pixarmom for all of the wonderful photos and info!

My youngest will be 7 by the time we go and figuring out the best visibility point for the pool slide exit/entry is going to be our biggest challenge. I don't want to be bothering her older brother and sister all the time and I have a feeling she will be on the pool slide the majority of the time. She is a good swimmer, but I like to keep and eye on my kids when in the water. Then add in the factor of the path being so long to the entry and in such a public area - it just makes me nervous... Even though the Poly pool is so much smaller it was pretty open visibility to keep an eye out on the kids.

For those of you with older kids, how do you re-connect throughout the day while at the pool? I'm worried the teenagers are going to be everywhere and I'm going to have to send out search parties.
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 02-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #2844
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
Thanks Pixarmom for all of the wonderful photos and info!

My youngest will be 7 by the time we go and figuring out the best visibility point for the pool slide exit/entry is going to be our biggest challenge. I don't want to be bothering her older brother and sister all the time and I have a feeling she will be on the pool slide the majority of the time. She is a good swimmer, but I like to keep and eye on my kids when in the water. Then add in the factor of the path being so long to the entry and in such a public area - it just makes me nervous... Even though the Poly pool is so much smaller it was pretty open visibility to keep an eye out on the kids.

For those of you with older kids, how do you re-connect throughout the day while at the pool? I'm worried the teenagers are going to be everywhere and I'm going to have to send out search parties.
One suggestion I have is to bring a notepad and pencils to keep with your pool bag. That way, you can leave notes to each other. Have a few checkin times.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #2845
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

I believe at 9 am, when EPCOT opens. Normally places in the World Showcase are not open until 11 am

I can't remember- on EMH mornings, does the bakery open at 8 am or still 9 am?

Did someone post the blog link on this thread? If so, please repost, if you can.
Here is the WDWMagic link: http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/boula...ly-opening.htm

Not sure what time the bakery will open on an EMH morning.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:15 AM   #2846
deebeck
Earning My Ears

Suggested way to get to other resorts

Hello All. Hope you NewEnglanders and New Yorkers are surviving the bad weather. Philadelphia got a dusting..

We just booked our trip to the Beach Club for Early June (10th thru 17th). I can't wait to see what it's like there during warmer weather (December was freezing this past year).

I wanted to book a different restaurant for dinner. We usually do Epcot, Cape May Cafe or one of the MK resort restaurants. How hard is it to get to Wilderness Lodge (Whispering Canyon) from BC? Any suggested routes? Any other favorite restaurants you can suggest near BC (easy to get to from BC)?

thanks.
stay warm!
di
Old 02-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #2847
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebeck
Hello All. Hope you NewEnglanders and New Yorkers are surviving the bad weather. Philadelphia got a dusting..

We just booked our trip to the Beach Club for Early June (10th thru 17th). I can't wait to see what it's like there during warmer weather (December was freezing this past year).

I wanted to book a different restaurant for dinner. We usually do Epcot, Cape May Cafe or one of the MK resort restaurants. How hard is it to get to Wilderness Lodge (Whispering Canyon) from BC? Any suggested routes? Any other favorite restaurants you can suggest near BC (easy to get to from BC)?

thanks.
stay warm!
di
To WL, I suggest taking the bus to MK and then the boat to WL. Or if you don't have much time, call a taxi. Whispering Canyon is great. I also recommend Flying Fish Cafe just around the lake on the Boardwalk.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 02-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #2848
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
One suggestion I have is to bring a notepad and pencils to keep with your pool bag. That way, you can leave notes to each other. Have a few checkin times.
We've always done the checkin times, but I love the idea of the pencil and notepad - never thought of something so simple with all of this technology! However, not a fan of taking the technology to the pool. Thanks.
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 02-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #2849
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
1) Coffee
2) Power
3) Food

No power since 10pm.
No coffee but we have hot chocolate & tea
Propane so can use stove top
Thank goodness Internet for all able to log on through cell service.
No water (well & septic)
No heat( we are all snuggled up in my bedroom with a nice fire)

6 days on antibiotics and my head is pounding again so congested
Lots of resting, leaving the shoveling to the DBF and DS
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 02-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #2850
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
No power since 10pm.
No coffee but we have hot chocolate & tea
Propane so can use stove top
Thank goodness Internet for all able to log on through cell service.
No water (well & septic)
No heat( we are all snuggled up in my bedroom with a nice fire)

6 days on antibiotics and my head is pounding again so congested
Lots of resting, leaving the shoveling to the DBF and DS
Wow!! I hope you get power soon! Stay warm and feel better!!

~Nannette

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: