Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #16
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Unfortunately the intern just got back to me and said they are booked up through June and have no more complimentary tickets so they couldn't schedule our tour. BUMMER!! At least I tried, I guess.
firstwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #17
aleksandr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
Unfortunately the intern just got back to me and said they are booked up through June and have no more complimentary tickets so they couldn't schedule our tour. BUMMER!! At least I tried, I guess.
Same thing here!
aleksandr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #18
momto1
DIS Veteran

Getting the Tickets!

I just learned today that I am getting my tickets for August 4th! Thanks for the help with the letter writing. The third time was the charm. Can't wait!
Lori
momto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:20 AM   #19
jpeppers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
Thanks....I just e-mailed ours. But we are going first week in May so it might be too late. My DS7 would be over the moon excited to visit-he wants to be a NASA engineer! I hope we can get some complimentary tickets This Disney trip is supposed to be a budget trip-ha ha ha!
Who did you send your request to? I sent a request to Derek Kilmer yesterday but not sure if I needed to send it to the rep or the actual senator? Thanks in advance!
jpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:23 AM   #20
mmdis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeppers View Post
Who did you send your request to? I sent a request to Derek Kilmer yesterday but not sure if I needed to send it to the rep or the actual senator? Thanks in advance!
I used Jim McDermott since he is ours. From his website there is link to tours I used that and followed up with a letter in the mail. I received a phone call back they were working on it so I'm not sure if the website or email were the trigger. Good Luck. We go Friday..
Old 02-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #21
mmdis
Earning My Ears

I just wanted to post that we went last Friday on the 15th. I just showed my email to the ticket will call booth and she gave me my free tickets. We also received free parking a 10$ value. The parking attendant seemed confused but I showed her the email that said free parking and she let us park with out paying.

We slept in and drove over from Orlando so we arrived just after noon. We took the tour out to the Appolo site and the kids did the Flight take off simulator. At this point it was already 4:00 and we had missed the last showings of the Imax movies. We really enjoyed what we were able to see and would love to go back in the future. Just note if you really want to see the movies and the Appolo site you need to plan on the whole day.

The free tickets are good for a 2nd day and also are good for the Astronaut Hall of Fame that is down the road a bit. We just didn't have the 2nd day in our schedule.

All and all we loved the Space Center it is deffiently worth the drive over for the day.

Good luck to all on getting your tickets.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #22
aleksandr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdis View Post
I just wanted to post that we went last Friday on the 15th. I just showed my email to the ticket will call booth and she gave me my free tickets. We also received free parking a 10$ value. The parking attendant seemed confused but I showed her the email that said free parking and she let us park with out paying.

We slept in and drove over from Orlando so we arrived just after noon. We took the tour out to the Appolo site and the kids did the Flight take off simulator. At this point it was already 4:00 and we had missed the last showings of the Imax movies. We really enjoyed what we were able to see and would love to go back in the future. Just note if you really want to see the movies and the Appolo site you need to plan on the whole day.

The free tickets are good for a 2nd day and also are good for the Astronaut Hall of Fame that is down the road a bit. We just didn't have the 2nd day in our schedule.

All and all we loved the Space Center it is deffiently worth the drive over for the day.

Good luck to all on getting your tickets.
Sorry, what email did you show them?
aleksandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #23
just teachin
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the information on this! I was unaware of this program and am looking into it now! Much appreciated!!
just teachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:06 AM   #24
mmdis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksandr View Post
Sorry, what email did you show them?
The offer back from our Congressman for the Free tickets came as a email that had a confirmation number in the email. I believe that is what they used at will call to look up my information.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #25
WebmasterKathy

Not Podcast Kathy, I'm the other one
Bring on the tequila and chocolates!

DISboards Administrator

Guys, I've removed several posts that contained names and phone numbers for NASA employees. Those contacts were not correct, and were causing these people to get calls and inquiries for areas they do not deal with.