Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 08:43 AM   #31
GBBTomorrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLMOM13
We are not going to port. I can't risk giving this to others. Now she is vomiting and diarrhea as well. I'm stuck at the hotel. Front desk is working on it. I have barely slept in 72 hours. She can't keep Imodium down or anything. I don't even know how we are going to transfer her ANYWHERE right now. Not even to a hospital. It's that bad . I'm beside myself upset. I'm overtired and crying and feel really alone
Oh, you poor thing! I didn't see this message when I just suggested you go ahead and go. Deep breaths. Is there anyone you can call for moral support? A friend of family member to talk with? I am glad the desk is trying to help you and am praying for your child. So sorry for your troubles. Hang in there, mom. "This too shall pass."
GBBTomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:43 AM   #32
kalc12345
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLMOM13 View Post
We are not going to port. I can't risk giving this to others. Now she is vomiting and diarrhea as well. I'm stuck at the hotel. Front desk is working on it. I have barely slept in 72 hours. She can't keep Imodium down or anything. I don't even know how we are going to transfer her ANYWHERE right now. Not even to a hospital. It's that bad . I'm beside myself upset. I'm overtired and crying and feel really alone
I am so sorry! I hope she gets to feeling better soon ((((hugs)))))

kalc12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #33
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You should probably get her to he hospital if she's been doing this for 72 hours. So sorry this happened on your vacation

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 02-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #34
Kathy C
Mouseketeer

I agree! If she's not able to keep anything down, she's more than likely dehydrated and needs IV fluids. This happened to us with our granddaughter several years at WDW albeit she was only 11 months old. Ended up at Celebration Hospital for IV fluids. It, too, was a nightmare. My son and I were both sick with same virus, my DIL and husband didn't get it. We were supposed to leave that day to come home, and I had to change our flights, find us a place to stay and rent a car! It all worked out in the end, and we got a few extra days at Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
You should probably get her to he hospital if she's been doing this for 72 hours. So sorry this happened on your vacation

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Kathy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:53 AM   #35
Mitzzie
Mouseketeer

Oh no! You really do need to get her to a hospital, she will probably need IV fluids if she can't keep anything down. Poor thing sorry this has happened to you.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #36
cleophus12
DIS Veteran

Sad

So very sorry. Hope she gets better quickly. Keep pushing the fluids.
cleophus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:58 AM   #37
mamabug70
Amy L

How old is your daughter? Do you have a Dr at home you can call? If so, they can call in an anti-nausea rx to a local pharmacy and they will deliver to your hotel if staying on property. They make a chewable imodium or even the liquid will work faster than a tablet. Also, if you get an anti nausea med such as Zofran ODT which dissolves in your mouth, she may be able to keep some fluids down. Not sure what you have to drink in the room, but try giving her small sips of Gatorade/sprite/water. Like 1 teaspoonful every few minutes. So sorry this happened!

1998 POFQ
1998 Boardwalk
1999-2007 yearly off property
2006 POP
2008 AKL-Jambo
2009 off property
2010 POR
2011 AKL-Kidani
2012 POFQ
2012 AOA Lion King Suite
mamabug70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #38
mom2jcg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
In this case, you are absolutely right. I am so so sorry! I know you feel really alone, but everyone who has read your post is heartbroken for you. Just focus on getting her well, and try to get some rest. Do watch for dehydration...it can happen so quickly. Keep us updated!
mom2jcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:17 AM   #39
Cheerio
Welcomed Guest
Has adorable photos in her signature...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLMOM13 View Post
Poor girl I would be getting her to a hospital, they can give her fluids and liquid gravol to help her out. This has been going on too long for her, good luck.
Disney Fantasy February 2014 - Trip Report (in progress)

Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #40
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Not sure how old your DD is but it might be time to take her to the hospital. Kids get dehydrated quick. Also they can give her Zofran which is a wonder at the ER. Good luck and I hope she gets better soon. So sorry about the cruise.

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #41
faithtrustpixie
Mouseketeer

Absolutely get her to a hospital right away. Grab your purse, grab a blanket and call the front desk and tell them you need to take her to the hospital now.

You are doing a great job with her and holding it together the best you can but you should not try to figure out what is medically the best for her.

Go now. Let us know what happens when you can in a few days but do not waste any more time posting and deciding what to do. Go to the hospital.
faithtrustpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #42
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

My son had it for about a week over Thanksgiving, just when I thought he'd stopped throwing up, he'd start again. I second all those that are saying take her to the ER or Urgent Care. After they start to get dehydrated it's harder for them to keep things down and it snowballs. My son didn't have to be admitted because we took him to the Urgent care before he was so bad that he needed to be admitted. He was a different kid after they gave him the IV. He was miserable before but his color came back and he started talking again. They also gave him chewable Zofran and that helped us get over the hump and get him keeping stuff down again. Hugs! I'm so sorry that this happened to you!

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #43
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithtrustpixie
Absolutely get her to a hospital right away. Grab your purse, grab a blanket and call the front desk and tell them you need to take her to the hospital now.

You are doing a great job with her and holding it together the best you can but you should not try to figure out what is medically the best for her.

Go now. Let us know what happens when you can in a few days but do not waste any more time posting and deciding what to do. Go to the hospital.
And if you don't think she is stable enough for a cab ride, Disney will call an ambulance. DH has experienced that service firsthand.
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

honeymo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #44
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran

sorry to hear this on so many fronts...
Old 02-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #45
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinanderic View Post
. Push the fluids.
No more than a sip at a time, until she can tolerate it. Start with an ounce every 15 minutes. Pushing too much will cause more vomiting.

If your child has no tears when crying or hasn't urinated in 8 hours and a dry mouth, they may need to be treated for dehydration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2jcg View Post
. If she is no longer vomiting, she probably isn't contagious any more. !!
You are still contagious for up to 14 days AFTER recovery.

Last edited by TLSnell1981; 02-09-2013 at 10:29 AM.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: