Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #556
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I am sorry for the bad punctuation. Dis is taking out apostrophes and quotation marks. It's so annoying and I am too lazy to go back in and try to re-edit the whole posts. It has been doing this off and on for days. And did you know when you type several periods in a row it now turns into the & sign? Stupid, I do try and take those out when the pop up, but I am getting tired of doing that too. So if you see my post look wierd and badly punctuated, ot's the Dis's fault for the most part.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:05 PM   #557
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Continued from the previous page .......

After a bit of walking around and fooling around we headed back inside. The girls loved this water feature.

We then headed off to our room for a bit.

I believe Gail met us here and we fooled around a bit more. Gail was worried as Abby was pulling at her ear. This is a telltale sign that she has an ear infection. Abby gets them ALL the time. Gail was worried. We would be heading out to sea for 4 days, it could get ugly. She asked about Dr.ís on the boat and I told her yes, but they are very pricey. Then it dawned on me. Katie is a pediatrician! Gail said Katie and Geoff had made a run to a nearby store, so she quickly called Geoff and let him know the situation. Katie said she would write a script and pick it up. Wonderful!

We kind of just chilled a bit and went in and out of the room for a while. I ran back to the room at one point to use the bathroom and realized I had left my phone on the counter. I picked it up and had 2 missed calls and a couple of texts. With all the excitement happening this morning I had forgotten about a Dis meet. Rinky Tinky Tink (she has asked me not to use their names) was getting off the Dream this morning and she said they would stop off at the hotel to meet up. I quickly called her (Or maybe I texted) and she was on her way. I ran back to the lobby and soon they arrived.
She probably thought I was a complete nutcase. With all the stuff going on, I was an utter scatter brain.

We talked a bit and they had a gift for Claire. UGH! I had a gift for Rinky Jr (her daughter who is Claireís age), but it was left in my room. Luckily our room was the first one around the corner, so I quickly ran back and got it. We talked about their cruise. They were so much fun. Mr. Rinky was so funny. Claire and Rinky Jr. pretty much just eyed each other up and down though. They were NOT about to get friendly in the short time we had.
They told me about the damage from Sandy at Castaway Cay, which wasnít too bad at all in their opinion. They said a few excursions had been canceled, one being the stingray one. We had that booked and it was all Claire wanted to do and she totally shut down after that. She was fighting tears. I let her know we would check once we got on, as I had called prior to going and it was still scheduled, but she wouldnít listen to me.
Mr. Rinky also told us they did the jet ski excursion and how awesome it was. They all seemed to love it though Rinky Tinky said it was a bit too fast, Mr. Rinky said it wasnít fast enough. They suggested us looking into it, and it did sound like a lot of fun.
Some family members had walked by and I introduced everyone. Rinky got a whole family meet with me! LOL
It came time where they had to leave as they were driving home and I wanted to get a picture. Shoot! My camera was in the room. So once again I ran back and got that. I think Claire took out picture. She REFUSED to be in it and so did Rinky Jr.

We talked a bit more and guess who walked in! Dad and Rob!
Holy Cow that was fast! It was only an hour and a half since they left!!!!!
I introduced them to Rinkyís family and they walked on. I think Rob and Dad went off for a bite to eat.

We said our good byes and they left for home after having a wonderful vacation at Disney World and ending it with the Dream and we were just starting ours.

We joined the family who was eating outside and we got a bit to snack on as well.

We sat there for a while and chatted. Rob told us how he made the 2 hour plus drive in 1 Ĺ hours. He said NO ONE EVER passed him on the road. LOL! He said he pulled up and told Dad to stay in the van and watch it while he ran in to make the switch. He said it was waiting right where it was supposed to be and YES, the bags were almost identical. He said the only difference was that the one had a silver zipper and the other had a gold one. I sure hope those poor people got their bag back too.

Some of us girls headed off for another walk. Katie joined us this time as well as Gail, if I remember right. Mom stayed back to chat with everyone else.

We spotted a turtle in a little pond nearby.

We watched him a bit and headed off again.

Jude was a wild thing! Katie said that when he is lacking in sleep, he gets pretty jumpy and wild. He was like a crazed little man running all over, but having a great time!

We tried to get the kids together for a group picture. That wasnít so easy.

I guess Jude is feeling the musicÖ.though there wasnít any playing!

Another attempt! Abby does not want a boy in the picture.

Ok, this one isnít so bad!

We all chatted some more and then headed back to our rooms to be sure everything was packed. Rob talked to the bus driver and found out that she could take us over then as there werenít many Carnival passengers riding. Sadly we couldnít all get out there before it was time for her to leave, but she would be back shortly for us.

We all just hung out and waited.

After a bit we moved our stuff outside as a few more guests had gathered in the lobby as well.

Abby and Jude sat down on a suitcase together and it was the cutest thing. I was behind a bunch of suitcases and couldnít get out to get a good shot.

I decided to climb out and get them.

Finally the bus arrived. This was a BIG bus, just like the Disney buses. We left our luggage for the girl to load. All the guys insisted on helping her, but she said she had a system and wanted to do it herself.

Claire and I once again got the front seats! Everyone else piled in behind us.

And soon we were on our way to the port.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #558
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Glad the lost luggage made its way back to your mother! I can't trust my DH to get our bags off the luggage carousel, he never remembers what our luggage looks like. I would be close to killing my DH, feel for your mother, she must be a saint!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #559
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Wow I am glad the boys got back in time with the suitcases
Old 02-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #560
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

What a crazy busy hectic morning! You must have been so glad to get on that bus.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:00 AM   #561
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

WHAT A MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy, you all were lucky that you "caught" the wrong suitcase, when you did!
This is one of my biggest fears, someone picking up my suitcase. So all my bags have brightly coloured ribbons at the handles. Looks a bit silly but easy to identify.

The pics of the kids sitting on the suitcare are just too cute, plus, as always, I just love your eye for detail.
You are getting ready to sail ...... just in time to get me REAL excited.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:12 AM   #562
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

After this morning I am sure you were ready for the ship. I am glad that your mum was reunited with here suitcase and that they got back so quickly. The hotel looks lovely and I love your night-time photos. It was great that you saw the Dream pull in. Being able to see the Magic pull in on the day we were leaving for our cruise in November was one of the highlights of this trip.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:36 AM   #563
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Glad the lost luggage made its way back to your mother! I can't trust my DH to get our bags off the luggage carousel, he never remembers what our luggage looks like. I would be close to killing my DH, feel for your mother, she must be a saint!
Yes, we are lucky we caught. Actually Mom had packed everything for the first nights stay in her carryon, so if Dad hadn't needed those shoes, we migth not have caught it. I can only imagine if we didn't find out till we got on the ship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
Wow I am glad the boys got back in time with the suitcases
Yes. Thank goodness for Rob. I knew he would take care of it and get there and back without mistakes. I was too mad to think straight at one point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
What a crazy busy hectic morning! You must have been so glad to get on that bus.
It sure was. It seemed like one of the longest mornings ever too. We were ready for the ship at that point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
WHAT A MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy, you all were lucky that you "caught" the wrong suitcase, when you did!
This is one of my biggest fears, someone picking up my suitcase. So all my bags have brightly coloured ribbons at the handles. Looks a bit silly but easy to identify.

The pics of the kids sitting on the suitcare are just too cute, plus, as always, I just love your eye for detail.
You are getting ready to sail ...... just in time to get me REAL excited.
It was pure crazy. I have sutff tied to mine as well to tell them apart, but you never know and I will be checking my luggage tag in the future.
We were all excited to get to the ship. This trip had been planned for so long (over a year) and we were ready to be there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
After this morning I am sure you were ready for the ship. I am glad that your mum was reunited with here suitcase and that they got back so quickly. The hotel looks lovely and I love your night-time photos. It was great that you saw the Dream pull in. Being able to see the Magic pull in on the day we were leaving for our cruise in November was one of the highlights of this trip.

Corinna
It was a crazy morning, but it is funny to look back on now.
Seeing the Dream pull in is so neat. In 2011 I saw her from my window and watched her fro quite some time and it was so exciting. She looks beautiful all lit up at night.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:58 AM   #564
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
... I opened it to start writing and taped inside was a $25 gift card to Disney. They said thanks for all the help, but honestly there was NO need to give me such a wonderful thing. I texted them both and thanked them. I used it towards a new watch purchase later in the trip!
LATER IN THE TRIP!!!
Thanks for ruining the Trip Report, you could have posted Spoiler Alert or something, now I know you buy a watch at some point and it won't be a surprise.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:23 AM   #565
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
LATER IN THE TRIP!!!
Thanks for ruining the Trip Report, you could have posted Spoiler Alert or something, now I know you buy a watch at some point and it won't be a surprise.
Sorry, but you actually MIGHT be surprised as I didn't tell you what it looked like or where I got it or another detail about it....the suspense is back!!!!
Old 02-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #566
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Sorry, but you actually MIGHT be surprised as I didn't tell you what it looked like or where I got it or another detail about it....the suspense is back!!!!
OK, there is still a little bit of suspense, but still... I know at some point you buy a watch. It's kinda like telling you that the Kingdom Keepers V book you are currently reading ends with the Kingdom Keepers all... Nevermind I won't do that to you.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:19 AM   #567
ampc3
DIS Veteran

I am sorry but I was laughing so hard just imaging your poor parents!! I don't know what it is with older parents and the whole cell phone thing... I know sooo many who all do the same thing b/c of the battery lol! Your poor dad probably got an ear full... soo glad it was resolved so quickly

lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC
ampc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #568
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
OK, there is still a little bit of suspense, but still... I know at some point you buy a watch. It's kinda like telling you that the Kingdom Keepers V book you are currently reading ends with the Kingdom Keepers all... Nevermind I won't do that to you.
LOL. I am actually famous for going and reading the ending first, but I haven't with this book yet. I am not even half way through yet either. I am trying to go slowly so I will end closer to the release date of the new one. And I have felt anxious a bit reading the last bits as they have now boarded the Dream and all I keep thinking is how I want to be on that ship too.
I read it on my kindle, and last night I actually pulled out a real book that had some info I needed to refresh on for my job, and Skip was puzzled why I would read a real book after having a kindle.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #569
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampc3 View Post
I am sorry but I was laughing so hard just imaging your poor parents!! I don't know what it is with older parents and the whole cell phone thing... I know sooo many who all do the same thing b/c of the battery lol! Your poor dad probably got an ear full... soo glad it was resolved so quickly
Yes, we never understand why he turns it off all the time. And then he turns it on and has a bunch of messages. And if he isn't sure which number belongs to who, he will just call a bunch and until he gets the right person.
I think who cares if you use your battery, thats why you have a charger ...right?
Old 02-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #570
SunLuvr321
Mouseketeer

Your post is perfect timing. We are heading out on the Cocoa Beach Shuttle tomorrow morning for the Dream.

Have you ever stopped at the DIS Welcome center? I stopped by yesterday and had a great time. I met Pete Werner and many others. Had fun talking about the DIS and Disney. They were setting up for a video on door decorating.

2/2013-Disney Dream ~ 9/2009-Carnival Sensation
SunLuvr321 is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: