Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
Rosenichole
Earning My Ears

looking for a hotel

i am looking for a hotel with suites there are 5 of use 2 adults 3 kids and would like something with a separate bedroom. any suggestions please we are trying to make this trip as inexpensive as possible i found the fairfield inn and suites it seems resonable anyone stay there and how is it
thanks so much
Rosenichole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #2
MattM
DIS Veteran

Do you remember which location the Fairfield Inn was in Orlando/Lake Buena Vista?
MattM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #3
KMarston
Mouseketeer

We have booked a room there for our first night in Orlando using our Marriott points. If you're going after the first of April, I can get back to you. For the price the reviews on trip advisor looked pretty good. We were just looking for a place to crash after our drive! We booked Lake Bueno Vista.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #4
Rosenichole
Earning My Ears

it is the one in the Marriott village and we are looking at going in June or august
Rosenichole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
MattM
DIS Veteran

Great pick. Its in a good location, and it shares the property with Courtyard and Spring Hill Suites. There are 4-5 restaurants within easy walking distance, the outlets are just down the road, many resturants of Lake Buena Vista are a few minutes drive, and the Downtown Disney gate is very close as well (though many times you're better off getting on I-4 and then getting off 536, but I can help with that later if you would like).

You'll be happy there.
MattM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #6
BadgerGirl84
I think my biggest pet peeve is when a weird toe pops out the side

I have stayed at the Fairfield Inn Marriott Village and it is nice enough. Very nice pool and clean property. I think I had a King suite, but the extra room just had a couch in it and it wasn't a separate private room, just sort of walled-off. So I would inquire into that or try to find pictures if you want a true separate room for you and your spouse away from the kids.

Can you clarify what you are looking for, exactly? Are you looking for a set-up with one bedroom with two queen beds for you and all the kids to sleep in with just a separate living area?

Or are you looking for a room with two separate sleeping areas and a separate living area?

If it's the latter, I would highly recommend a 2 bedroom suite at the Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista or a 2 bedroom at a timeshare property such as Wyndham Bonnet Creek or Sheraton Vistana.

BadgerGirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #7
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosenichole View Post
i am looking for a hotel with suites there are 5 of use 2 adults 3 kids and would like something with a separate bedroom. any suggestions please we are trying to make this trip as inexpensive as possible i found the fairfield inn and suites it seems resonable anyone stay there and how is it
thanks so much
We have 4 kids. If you are staying off-site (not getting a package deal through Disney w/dining, etc.) depending on your kids personalities and ages you could put all of you in a standard room. I know they say 4 per room because of the fire safety rules, but depending on your kids ages... it is not unheard of to squeeze in a extra little one. When we did this we were annual pass holders and we have never desired the dinning plan.

We use to stay at Shades of Green a lot because the standard room sleeps 5. This is the military hotel on Disney property. If you have someone affiliated with the military traveling with you, it is possible to stay here. DD was young enough that we didn't claim her, she slept in the same bed with me and DH. We travel a lot all over the U.S. and are on a budget and plenty of times we have stayed in a standard room. I have one son that doesn't like to share a bed with anyone, so he sleeps on the floor with a small air mattress. The rest of us use two queen beds. 1. Me, DH, DD. 2. Oldest DS and younger DS. Other DS on floor. Sometimes we will splurge and get two rooms like Gaylord Palms DH and I will get a king room, and then put the 4 kids in standard w/2 queens. Because of there current ages (20, 18, 11, 9) we don't care about connecting rooms anymore as long as it is in the same hallway within a few doors.

Another option is two connecting value resort/less expensive hotel room. This would give you two bathrooms and two televisions. Something a larger suite may not.

My kids also like the Fort Wilderness Cabins, but that might be out of your budget. They are great because they have a queen bed and bunk beds in the bedroom. Full Kitchen. One full bath. And the living room has a pull down murphy bed, and there is still the couch (not a pullout), so here all of my kids have their own bed (one uses the couch).

There are cheaper hotels near Silver Spurs Arena in Kissimmee. We have friends that stay in these hotels and despite the reviews they say they are decent hotels for the price and location. My daughter has competitions at the Silver Spurs arena about twice a year. Then she has competitions at Disney, Peabody Hotel, and Orlando Convention Center, which is what pulls us to Orlando more than Disney. Although we started leaving "the boys" at home and will stay at Westgate Lakes Resort with other parents in a 3 or 4 bedroom condo now.
4kids4karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:18 AM   #8
JohnThomson
Earning My Ears

You may get many hotels with lavish suites and all but always consider safety when halting at unknown place. Ensure that hotels have installed hotel safe per room or not. Sometimes, hotel staff refrain themselves from being responsible for theft or robbery occurred in rooms. So, always move ahead with security measures.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:29 AM   #9
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

In general, I prefer the Residence Inn brand over the Fairfield Inn. RI has never let us down with large suites (with one or two bedrooms, and even sometimes multiple bathrooms, depending on what we need for that trip) and full kitchens (love having that full-sized fridge!!). Their included breakfast is always better than the Fairfield Inn as well.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #10
sbd78
Mouseketeer

I believe Embassy Suites LBV, Buena Vista Suites, Hawthorn Suites, Homewood Suites, Staybridge Suites all offer 2 room suites and a free hot breakfast which is a big money saver.

3/2007 Sheraton Vistana Resort, 3/2009 POP, June 2013 Doubletree Suites DTD
sbd78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #11
SYDCOLEMOM
Mouseketeer

Have you considered Bonnet Creek ?? you should be able to get a 2 bedroom unit (living room has a pull out sofa as well) for less $$ than a hotel suite.
These units have full size kitchen, washer/dryer, jacuzzi tubs etc. Bonnet Creek also has 6 pools, 2 lazy rivers and a minature golf. We have always stayed on property until last year. In an effort to save $$ we tried Bonnet Creek and now I cant imagine staying anywhere else. We are headed back next month if interested get a quote from Vacation Strategy (they had the cheapest rates I could find and we have had zero issues with them)
SYDCOLEMOM is offline   Reply With Quote