Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #2821
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Thanks pixarmom. Your pictures truly tell a story. You can describe these things over and over but until you see them.....

Old 02-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #2822
hamom
Earning My Ears

Question for PixarMom and maybe Natebenma

PixarMom, thanks for your amazing photo tour of the path from the Jib slide's exit to its entry. Really, really helpful.

A quick follow-up question for you and, perhaps, Dee, as I'll be solo with my 6-year old daughter for the first few days until my husband arrives -- do you think the upstairs gazebo might be a decent place to catch a glimpse of Jib slide riders while they're on the public part of the walking path (before/as they turn left at the pirate ship to head back to the slide entry)?

With my deepest apologies to Dee for mentioning her secret seating area again!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #2823
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamom View Post
PixarMom, thanks for your amazing photo tour of the path from the Jib slide's exit to its entry. Really, really helpful.

A quick follow-up question for you and, perhaps, Dee, as I'll be solo with my 6-year old daughter for the first few days until my husband arrives -- do you think the upstairs gazebo might be a decent place to catch a glimpse of Jib slide riders while they're on the public part of the walking path (before/as they turn left at the pirate ship to head back to the slide entry)?

With my deepest apologies to Dee for mentioning her secret seating area again!
What secret spot???

The answer is: Maybe.

Here is my own series of photos of this area. The 3 pictures of the slide are taken from the gazebo area, so I think if you were in a different spot, you might have a decent view of the public pathway

Question for Pixarmom, or others- is there an entry to the stairs from both sides of the Jib Slide, or just on the left hand side?

Old 02-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #2824
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Pixarmom - What fantastic pictures! One of the best I've seen. Thanks so much for the photos of the Bakery in France and the BC turkey sandwich menu.

Teena - feel better!

Dee - Hope you are weathering the storm!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 02-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #2825
BusyMom2Three
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
Wait!!! School was cancelled for you!!! We should have had at least a 2 hour delay this morning so they could have plowed the school parking lot properly!! It was a mess, and I was waiting for everyone to get stuck!!! Where in Central Michigan? My DS has a teammate that goes to Mattawan, and they are on their 6th snow day this year!!! Thankfully, the sun was out today and melted the driveway and other roadways!!
We're at the southern end of Genesee County. Funny thing is our schools never close, and if they do they always wait until the last minute to call it quits. It's kind of a running joke. The subs were almost impossible to get in and out of, though, so I think the buses might have gotten stuck! Sounds like you should have had a snow day, too!!

1985 Tokyo Disneyland (Hilton Tokyo Bay)
Mar 2007 Pop Century
Mar 2009 Pop Century
Mar 2011 Port Orleans Riverside
Mar 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Feb-Mar 2013 Beach Club
Feb-Mar 2014 Pop Century
Old 02-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #2826
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Thanks, Mike and Robyn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamom View Post

I agree with Dee regarding the "maybe." Our 6-year-old is a strong swimmer - he's on swim team year-round and just fine on the slide when it comes to the swimming part. But I'm less comfortable with him going up the stairs to the slide on his own. His brothers (ages 12 and 13) go with him. And it's not because I'm concerned about his swimming - just not feeling great about the climb up the stairs and across the walkway. There isn't a good spot to see the entire route.

He did go up the stairs alone once, when he tried to escape us for just "one more slide" last week. Under the circumstances you describe, I'd probably set up camp near the slide exit and walk our 6 yo across to the stairs. But that may be overly cautious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
What secret spot???
Question for Pixarmom, or others- is there an entry to the stairs from both sides of the Jib Slide, or just on the left hand side?
Yes, there are paths and stairs on both sides of the pirate ship. We just don't end up using the path on the other side much because it's further from the slide exit!

Here's a photo of the stairs, and the path on the left side.

And a photo of the other side of the ship:

Can't really see the path in that last one, but it's there!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon (GF/BWI!)
Old 02-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #2827
Angeejoe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Yes, we want to try all the places around the Boardwalk and The Fountain in Dolphin, and of course return to some Favs like B&C, & Captains Grille. Depending on my flight times I want to try their breakfast too. Also want Sci Fi & GF Tea. We did the tea last Aug and enjoyed it. But my friend & I booked it as a surprise for my daughter, who got sick and didn't come
DH really loves the Captains Grille buffet breakfast! There's so many great dining option in Epcot area!

We've never tried Sci Fi, just always seems like negative reviews. Not many dining choices at HS, we do like the Brown Derby.

I've never been in GF, just on the monorail past it. What do the serve for tea? Cucumber sandwiches? Little desserts?
Old 02-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #2828
Angeejoe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakacie View Post
Hello! I'm new here, but we're having our first stay at BC in April. I've been working my way through the thread and it's taking me a while - only 21 pages in!!

Anyways, I just saw this article and I'm even more excited about our upcoming trip - food and wine style booths during flower and garden!! Yeah!!

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/epcot...n-festival.htm
Mommakacie,

Thanks for sharing this link! Food sounds delicious!!

Angeejoe
Old 02-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #2829
Angeejoe
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=ALMinVA;47444954]
Quote:
Last time I knew there was a switchover happening to the grapefruit stuff. For those who have been there recently, have you seen the blue stuff or is it all grapefruit now?

If you stayed in January, please post which resort, CL or standard room and which product was provided.

Thanks!

If anyone has a picture of the new stuff, I would appreciate it.

I stayed YC CL and it was the grapefruit stuff...i miss the blue!!!!!!!
I don't have a picture because i was so sad. I went down to the store in the lobby and they told me they don't sell the blue anymore and that they knew it was going high priced on ebay
It's so funny that you're talking about the blue h2o because 2 days ago I said something DH about us having a bag of it in the linen closet that he never used. We always travel with our own toiletries, but he always wants to keep the little bottles & I want to donate to a shelter. So I just went to look; we have 2 shampoos, 3 conditioners, 3 lotions, 3 shower gels &10 bars of soap! I had no idea this was a hot commodity!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 11:36 PM   #2830
Angeejoe
Mouseketeer

Thanks for sharing all the great pics pixarmom! Your having me want to take a relaxing swim in lazy river & eating French food!
Old 02-09-2013, 12:05 AM   #2831
logpey
Disney or bust!

Thank you for your awesome pics.I made my hubby look at them with me, he would prefer things to be a surprise, he usually doesn't know anything in advance--except resort name & thinks that fun - Oh, except his golf day.I like to totally know everything before I go, so I can lead the bunch!!!!! Thx again!!!
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
Old 02-09-2013, 02:24 AM   #2832
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Pixarmom thankyou so much for the photos, they're fab .

I would not want to be in that room with the balcony though it looks like the trees want to come in and say good morning.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:07 AM   #2833
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
One of my FB friends (who, coincidentally and topically, stayed at the BC this summer) posted a recipe to help weather today's storm.

It may be cruel to give this recipe if you are stuck and unable to get the ingredients, but here goes:

RICE WHISKEY TREATS
5 ½ cups Rice Krispies
10-oz. bag marshmallows
½ stick (¼ cup) salted butter
2 tablespoons bourbon
¼ teaspoon cinnamon

Generously butter an 8 x 8″ baking dish. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in cinnamon and marshmallows. When marshmallows have melted completely, remove from heat and quickly stir in bourbon and a sprinkle of salt, then add the Rice Krispies and stir and stir and stir until evenly combined.
Press treats into buttered dish

Sprinkle with salt, if you like.
Oh I'm definitely going to have to try these
Old 02-09-2013, 04:05 AM   #2834
KAZPRINCESS
Mouseketeer

WOW I love this thread.

Great photo stories from Pixarmum. Think I'll add breakfast from the French Bakery and Picabu at the Dolphin to my list.

Think I may be using the path to the slide once or twice, with my children of course.

Karen

Counting the days until 2 weeks at the Beach Club.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:24 AM   #2835
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

What time can you get to the bakery in France from on a morning?

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: