Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #2656
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
We returned from another amazing stay at BWI CL last Sunday. We initially planned three nights Poly, three nights BWI CL and two nights AKL-Jambo in a 1-bedroom villa. After our first night at BWI, we knew we needed to cancel those reservations at AKL and stay at BWI for the rest of the trip. We were so happy with our decision.

BWI CL remains outstanding as always. We requested and received a boardwalk view and it's absolutely my favorite room view in all of WDW. The location can't be beat. The boardwalk music is wonderful and the atmosphere is both lively and relaxing at the same time. I'll come back to post photos when I organize them!

As for the BWI restaurants, we've been to all of the TS locations, and surprisingly, our favorite is Kouzzina. Based on menu alone, I would have thought Flying Fish would be our favorite, but we prefer the atmosphere and friendly service at Kouzzina. The food at Kouzzina is great - everyone in our family of five (including kids ages 6, 12 and 13) enjoyed it. As for the more casual TS, we prefer Big River over ESPN. Neither serves the best food in the world, but we appreciated the beer selection at Big River, the more quiet atmosphere, and the view.

I also wanted to put in a plug for the BWI quiet pool. When staying at BWI in the past, we've only been to Luna Park. During this stay, Luna Park was closed and we were thrilled to have access to SAB. But when we wanted a quick swim without going over to SAB, we went down to the BWI quiet pool. I can't say enough positive things about it - relaxing setting, truly quiet (well, maybe our three boys changed that a teeny bit) and very convenient. It's one of my new favorite places in WDW.

I'll try to post photos soon, but I'm happy to answer questions based on our recent stay!
Looking forward to your pictures, we'll be there at the end of April for the 1st time
Old 02-07-2013, 10:18 PM   #2657
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Day view from the club lounge:

View from CL standard:

Fireworks from the club lounge:

Club lounge:

Room:

Temporary Boardwalk Bakery:

Margarita Joe's:

Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #2658
fizbobunny
Mouseketeer

Awesome. Thanks for the pics.
Celebrating My Brother's Birthday and Mardi Gras~~~~~~~Legoland, Disney, and DS#2's First Trip
Oct 2013 BWV and Darkside; Oct 2012 - POR AoA LM; Sept./Oct. 2010 - OldestDS First Trip - ASM Family Suite; Aug./Sept. 2005 - Hurricane Katrina Trip - Offsite; Dec. 2004 - My Graduation Trip - Offsite; and many others I can't remember the dates
Old 02-08-2013, 12:53 AM   #2659
teheber
CYCLING IS HOW I ROLL

sat morning check in

Tomorrow, "It Starts!!"

Old 02-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #2660
clintswifeymomof4
I <3 Muscles

Check in tomorrow too!

See you there tomorrow! I can't wait!!!
Nikki ~ Wife to 1, Mom to 5 (DD10, DSD10, DD7, DS4, DD2)! FW Cabins: Feb 17-24, 2012 (Free Dining!), BWV Studio Feb 9-12, 2013 (Mom & Dad only!) AKL Value 2 Bedroom: Apr 21-26, 2013 (Kids allowed this time!)With a SURPRISE trip to Legoland, Fl
Old 02-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #2661
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze
Nevermind I see it, my eyesight is going
Which Spice Girl can I be?
Jealous of Christmas Tags

Those pictures are fantastic!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #2662
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Wonderful pictures, thank you for sharing.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #2663
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Yes. Thank you so much for sharing you pics. They are wonderful.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #2664
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite3 View Post
Thank you so much for your suggestions Do you have any favorite restaurants there?
You're welcome, Besides what AirGoofy mentioned, we just love walking right over to Epcot - so many great choices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfd910 View Post
just checked in online can not wait going to get some heavy snow this weekend then sunshine next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneth79 View Post
What an awesome thing that you're doing for your brother!!!!

It really depends on what you're looking to do. Just a dinner set up in the room? Perhaps a special cake? Then yes, you should absolutely go w/ Private Dining. They will put you in touch with the proper people to get things set up if not through them. You may be restricted to the in room dining menu - but ask them if they would be willing to "deliver" a meal from one of the "local" restaurants.

Catering and Conventions has had (at least as of 2011/2012) a policy of not doing "small" events (Less than 20, I believe) and even with that, you're looking at a minimum food order of between 2-5k. If they've changed that policy, let me know, I'm still itching to surprise my DH with a special event in the World!

HTH
Thanks for the great advice!

Quote:
We returned from another amazing stay at BWI CL last Sunday. We initially planned three nights Poly, three nights BWI CL and two nights AKL-Jambo in a 1-bedroom villa. After our first night at BWI, we knew we needed to cancel those reservations at AKL and stay at BWI for the rest of the trip. We were so happy with our decision.

BWI CL remains outstanding as always. We requested and received a boardwalk view and it's absolutely my favorite room view in all of WDW. The location can't be beat. The boardwalk music is wonderful and the atmosphere is both lively and relaxing at the same time. I'll come back to post photos when I organize them!

As for the BWI restaurants, we've been to all of the TS locations, and surprisingly, our favorite is Kouzzina. Based on menu alone, I would have thought Flying Fish would be our favorite, but we prefer the atmosphere and friendly service at Kouzzina. The food at Kouzzina is great - everyone in our family of five (including kids ages 6, 12 and 13) enjoyed it. As for the more casual TS, we prefer Big River over ESPN. Neither serves the best food in the world, but we appreciated the beer selection at Big River, the more quiet atmosphere, and the view.

I also wanted to put in a plug for the BWI quiet pool. When staying at BWI in the past, we've only been to Luna Park. During this stay, Luna Park was closed and we were thrilled to have access to SAB. But when we wanted a quick swim without going over to SAB, we went down to the BWI quiet pool. I can't say enough positive things about it - relaxing setting, truly quiet (well, maybe our three boys changed that a teeny bit) and very convenient. It's one of my new favorite places in WDW.

I'll try to post photos soon, but I'm happy to answer questions based on our recent stay!
Thank you for all your wonderful photos and TR. Did you still stay at Jambo CL? You know that you've officially entered the Resort Changer ranks. Isn't it exciting changing on-site? Great choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by teheber View Post
Tomorrow, "It Starts!!"
Have a great vacation!!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #2665
MMrules
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=cpfd910;47432908]just checked in online can not wait going to get some heavy snow this weekend then sunshine next week

We are snowing here in MA!!! Just thanking the Gods that it is this weekend and not next when I am leaving to go!

97-CBR, 98-CBR, 03-BC,04-DCL, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, 09-CBR, 11-WL (solo trip) BCV (1st DVC member trip) AKV, 12-WL, BCV, BWV 13-BWV 14-VWL

Old 02-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #2666
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMrules View Post

We are snowing here in MA!!! Just thanking the Gods that it is this weekend and not next when I am leaving to go!
You guys are really going to get a whopper of a storm. I hope you don't lose power and stay safe and warm.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #2667
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thank you for all your wonderful photos and TR. Did you still stay at Jambo CL? You know that you've officially entered the Resort Changer ranks. Isn't it exciting changing on-site? Great choice
It was my most exciting resort change ever! We entirely cancelled AKL so that we could continue our BWI stay. I would have booked it 3/Poly and 5/BWI in the first place, but my husband wanted some time away from the parks over the weekend. That's why we originally booked AKL for the end of the trip. But when we arrived, we remembered how much we love BWI CL, and the proximity to Epcot and all those dining options just can't be beat. So happy we decided to make the change. You're right - fun to start thinking of it, then discussing it, then reaching consensus of five family members on the change, then waiting to see if they had availability and could apply our AP discount. And then we received a call from Pete during our dinner at Bluezoo saying that it was all going to work out.
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #2668
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

Dreaming of Disney only 68 more days Happy thoughts while a massive blizzard rages out my window... oh spring hurry up!

2003-POR
2011- Poly TPV
2012- POR/BWI
2015- AKLV/BWV
Old 02-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #2669
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It was my most exciting resort change ever! We entirely cancelled AKL so that we could continue our BWI stay. I would have booked it 3/Poly and 5/BWI in the first place, but my husband wanted some time away from the parks over the weekend. That's why we originally booked AKL for the end of the trip. But when we arrived, we remembered how much we love BWI CL, and the proximity to Epcot and all those dining options just can't be beat. So happy we decided to make the change. You're right - fun to start thinking of it, then discussing it, then reaching consensus of five family members on the change, then waiting to see if they had availability and could apply our AP discount. And then we received a call from Pete during our dinner at Bluezoo saying that it was all going to work out.
Thanks for your pics here and on the Poly thread. I have your three planned stays spread out throughout the year (except BWV instead of BWI, but close enough. )
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 02-09-2013, 04:37 AM   #2670
Pink Flamingo
Think Pink!!!
DIS Poet Laureate

Thanks for the amazing photos & TR pixarmom! You've gotten me even more excited for our 1st BWI stay.

June 1998 Dixie Landings * June 2000 Dixie Landings * June 2002 Polynesian (& All Star Music for 1 night)* March 2004 Coronodo Spring * August 2005 Beach Club & Polynesian; Hard Rock Hotel * January 2008 Wilderness Lodge * June 2009 Royal Pacific Resort 1st time club level * June 2010: Royal Pacific Resort * August 2011: Port Orleans French Quarter * July 2012: Pop & Saratoga Springs ~ 2 Bedroom Villa

Pink Flamingo Flys Again:
August 2013: AKL Jambo House & Boardwalk Inn
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: