Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 08:14 AM   #736
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Catching up here - just read the post for Tracy. I'm in tears. What a beautiful person she was, inside and out. I love that last picture you posted of her too!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #737
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I’ll admit. I’m not actually big on costumes.
Me neither. I probably wouldn't have the guts to walk around WDW in costume. So kudos to you three!

Quote:
It was such a pretty night.
These sunset photos are beautiful!

Quote:
Pretty cool huh, I didn't realize he was a ghost! Or at least he is according to my camera. Sometimes a bad picture can be cool in it's own way.
It is a cool shot!

Looks like you were all having fun.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #738
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
awesome headless horseman. You must've been there before the accident. He trotted by when I saw him.
I think that picture is so cool. Love it. Mine looks like a big black blob! I honestly don't remember how fast he was running, but he was gone in a flash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Looking to see if I have anything decent from the party picture wise.

I didn't realize you had pictures posted, because I can't see them right now. ERRRRRRRRR!

Quote:
The sunset.

I bet this picture is nice!

Quote:
The train station changes colors

I love how the train station changes colors and how the main street also changes colors! So pretty!

Quote:
All I have is a blur

Yeah, but is your blur clearer than my blur? I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Quote:
Parade

And I'll have to wait and see this one!

Quote:
She is looking at me.

Who? Who is looking at you?????

Quote:
Those are the only ones worth posting...
Thanks for posting. I'm sure they are great!

Quote:
I agree the blonde was just funny. I kept trying to pull my down over the dark eyebrows but not really working was it????
I loved being a blond, too. Darn eyebrows ruining the look!

Quote:
I cannot remember what was so funny. Since we were on Main street the Headless horseman came down and the parade followed starting in Frontierland so yes we had a bit of a wait. Good to know we were entertained.
Remember, we had stuff in our mugs and plenty of time to finish it. Anything could have been funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
I love those sunset pictures.
The sunset that night was stellar, but I do believe it looks even better in our pictures!

Quote:
I am just now watching the YouTube video of Tracy. I can't believe you recorded those songs. That is amazing and you have such a pretty voice!
Thank you so much for taking the time to listen! I really appreciate it. I'd like to rerecord the second one to get better depth to the guitar, but thanks so much for the compliment.

Quote:
So sad that she is so young and gone. RIP Tracy!
It really is. But I honestly believe that Tracy's spirit is right there in Disney world and she really will be sprinking pixie dust on us the next time we all visit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Catching up here - just read the post for Tracy. I'm in tears. What a beautiful person she was, inside and out. I love that last picture you posted of her too!
She really, really was. I honestly get choked up when I think about her. It's weird. I didn't know her that well, but I feel such a bond to her. I think she just had that effect on people. She is just one of those people you instantly like. I can only imagine how much her family must be missing her.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #739
GoofyFan1515
DIS Veteran

Saw so many fun people here I see on other threads so I decided to join the party! Looks like you ladies were having a lot of fun together!!!
GoofyFan1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #740
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
awesome headless horseman. You must've been there before the accident. He trotted by when I saw him.
I remember reading about the accident but wasn't that on a rainy night? It actually happened before our trip, maybe the weekend before so I wasn't sure if that would impact our sighting or not. He did not trot by that is for sure!

Quote:
Looking to see if I have anything decent from the party picture wise.
That sunset was awfully photogenic wasn't it. I didn't even realize just how pretty until looking at all our pics.

Quote:
I agree the blonde was just funny. I kept trying to pull my down over the dark eyebrows but not really working was it????
I just tried not to touch it as I was afraid if it fell off I'd never get it back on right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Me neither. I probably wouldn't have the guts to walk around WDW in costume. So kudos to you three!
Well when as many, or more, are dressed up than not, it's pretty painless. Walking around the resort was bizarre until we got to the dock where there were others dressed up.

Quote:
These sunset photos are beautiful!
I am not sure any of us realized just how pretty it was that night until we looked at the pictures. It really was gorgeous out.

Quote:
It is a cool shot!

I was so excited to see my ghostly shot! We had a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I think that picture is so cool. Love it. Mine looks like a big black blob! I honestly don't remember how fast he was running, but he was gone in a flash!
blind squirrel.

Quote:
Remember, we had stuff in our mugs and plenty of time to finish it. Anything could have been funny.
So true!

Quote:
The sunset that night was stellar, but I do believe it looks even better in our pictures!
I think so, I remember it being lovely out but the pictures are all really cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
Saw so many fun people here I see on other threads so I decided to join the party! Looks like you ladies were having a lot of fun together!!!
I'm sure Mary Ellen will give you an official one too but we are thrilled to have you here. We had a blast.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #741
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will give you a welcome too!!!

I'm tagging along here and glad to be a part of the party.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #742
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I totally remember you writing about that now. And I remember how frustrated poor Zoe was getting.

Zoe was so upset by it. Poor girl

Great update, Cynthia! I love how you came up with the costumes! It isn't as easy as one might think to theme costumes. We never did succeed.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:47 AM   #743
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

GoofyFan! Thanks for joining in! Glad to have you along for the fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Poor thing! I remember being that age and the same thing would have frustrated me!

Quote:
Great update, Cynthia! I love how you came up with the costumes! It isn't as easy as one might think to theme costumes. We never did succeed.
She did a good job, didn't she?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-09-2013, 06:15 AM   #744
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What? You wouldn't wear a costume????? I don't believe it! We seriously had a blast. It was a really fun party!

Old 02-09-2013, 06:21 AM   #745
MEK
DIS Veteran

I worked on this update last night, but I was so tired I never posted. I saved it for this morning. I also want to apologize straight up for not finishing writing about the party in this update. I guess I just took too many pictures. Shocking, I know.

So may I present....There's That Hat Again.......

In my last updates we had arrived at the party and enjoyed a prime viewing spot for an awesome parade.

But now it was time to move into the hub. Surprisingly the hub wasn't super crowded, so we found a nice spot to watch the Castle show.

For some reason I was more interested in seeing the castle than I was of seeing the performers

Ah - there they are

I'm sorry I don't have any great pictures of the castle show, but I think I probably didn't have my distance lens on.

I can't help taking pictures of these carts. I think they are so cool

We had a little time before the fireworks began and we all realized we were pretty hungry. I think the last time we really ate a meal was our late breakfast, so we set off in search of something quick to eat.

We ended up here……..

We were actually hoping there was a sandwich or something similar on the menu. The closest thing was a fruit and nutella waffle. I definitely wasn't feeling that, so I just got some water. We decided to watch the fireworks and then find some grub.

Back to the hub we went. Shockingly, there was still ample room for us to watch Hallowishes

Now here's where I am going to warn you that I went a little crazy with the photos. I still have 270 photos left from these evening. Clearly I will not subject you to that many, so I'll try to pick out my favs.

You are going to notice a dark area in front of the castle in a lot of these photos. I obviously got behind someone in a witch's hat and the freaking hat showed up in so many of my photos during editing that if I could have virtually reached in there and pulled that hat off that girl's head, I would have. After a couple hundred pictures, I was definitely choosing a different f adjective for that hat.

You can see it off to the left.

I kept trying to shoot up and over people which explains why it looks like some of my pictures are cropped so closely

Just think this looks kind-of cool

And here you can see the pumpkins on the castle

There's that hat again

Old 02-09-2013, 06:23 AM   #746
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued.......

And if this next picture doesn't make you want to grab that hat and throw it on the ground, I don't know which will

I love the colors in this picture, but I really hate that hat!

Did I post a blue castle yet

Pow….and there's the hat…again……

Now that's a pretty castle, complete with hat

Have we seen a green castle yet? Well, here ya go!

It's cool that the castle colors cycle through a certain sequence

And that, my friends, is a wrap

Hey look - and I thought the parade was over

Wait - I think he has a trick or treat bag with him

Continued in Next Post........

Old 02-09-2013, 06:24 AM   #747
MEK
DIS Veteran

Awesome, although those shoes look a tad uncomfortable

Where to Next? Did you even need to ask?

In addition to the fabulous decorations, the awesome parade, the spectacular fireworks, here is another one of my party favorites

With a flash.

We obviously went through the interactive queue

Time to go inside

I think at this point we set off to find food. Something with protein. We agreed on Pecos Bill. I ended up with the taco salad. Here's my twist on the taco salad - I added mushrooms and fried onions. I was starving so this really hit the spot.

After eating we decided to head over to Fantasyland to see if there was anything opened for preview.

We were hoping to get a peek in her, but it wasn't opened.

I had originally planned on finishing up the party with this update, but I still have quite a few pictures left on the next attraction we visited. I think I leave that as a surprise.

Next Update - Will Mary Ellen survive the end of the party or crash n burn?

Last edited by MEK; 02-09-2013 at 06:32 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:26 AM   #748
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

GoofyFan! Thanks for joining in! Glad to have you along for the fun!

Quote:
Poor thing! I remember being that age and the same thing would have frustrated me!

Quote:
She did a good job, didn't she?

Old 02-09-2013, 06:30 AM   #749
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

It looks like you ladies were having an awesome time at the party!
Despite the witch's hat your fireworks pics are great! I love HalloWishes!

Great pics of the HM too

I hope you survive the rest of the party

dawnbu40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:37 AM   #750
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
It looks like you ladies were having an awesome time at the party!
Despite the witch's hat your fireworks pics are great! I love HalloWishes!
Dawn - I miss you! Have you guess update your TR recently? Did I miss an update?

We had an awesome time at the party and we had a great spot for Hallowishes. Definitely the best view I have had of Hallowishes to date. The first year we tried to watch them from the side of the castle and saw nothing.

Quote:
Great pics of the HM too
I love, love, love how they decorate the HM during the party. I wish they would do that all year round.

Quote:
I hope you survive the rest of the party
Let's just say I hope no one posts any pictures of me taking a little siesta.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: