Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #16
Mike2023
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
Personally I think it's a dumb decision to stop listening to the show after only a couple of episodes of a video version of it. Why can't you do both listen to it and watch it, why does it have to be one or the other. I'm sorry but I personally don't see myself watching every episode of the Dis unplugged, but I will continue to listen to it. If there is something on it that really makes me want to watch it like the 7 in 7 segment where they should all of the pictures yeah I'll watch it but to say I'm not going to listen to a show just because I can watch it on YouTube or live just doesn't make any sense to me at all.
Really dude? Your calling me out because you disagree with me? Maybe you missed the point of this thread but it was to praise the team for the new format.

Right now, the benefits of the video shows out way that of listening to it on my way to work. (see above post about my wife) I chose not to listen/watch 2 versions of a show that are basically the same.

Not sure what's so hard to understand about that.

Again, I praise the crew for taking the next step in disney podcasting. There in no way leaving anyone behind, there just providing options for there viewers/listeners and thats never a bad thing. If you want to do both, or jump back and forth thats cool too.

{1997 - July - CBR (First Trip)}{1999 - July - Off site}{2005 - June - Off site (Honeymoon)}{2006 - May - Off site (1 Year Anniversary)}
{2008 - April - AKL (3 Year Anniversary)}{2009 - May - AKL,POLY,POR (4 Year Anniversary/DD first Trip)}{2010 - Jan - BLT,AKV,POLY}
{2010 - Oct - BLT,BCV,AKL}{2011 - Aug - AKL}{2012 - Jun - PCC3.0,AKL,BCV}{2013 - May - AKL,DCL}{2013 - Oct - POP}{2014 - Mar - AOA,BLT,DCL}
{2015 - Feb - BWV (Daytonay500)}{2015 - Oct - Offsite,DCL,US (10th Anniversary)}
Mike2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #17
Elsha
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimStaR
Hey Mike!! Amber is right! Ian and I watched the shows on youtube on our TV from the Xbox tonight while we were eating dinner and relaxing. I felt like it was like a rebirth or something like that! I cannot give enough compliments of how great I thought it was to watch this in video, on the TV. The quality of this video and the editing with the labeling, switching cameras, and everything was SO professional and well done. Blown away!
Hi Kim!!!
I agree completely. I used to catch up a few episodes at a time, but I definitely find this more appealing.
Hope you guys are doing awesome!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #18
disluhypno
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimStaR View Post
Hey Mike!! Amber is right! Ian and I watched the shows on youtube on our TV from the Xbox tonight while we were eating dinner and relaxing. I felt like it was like a rebirth or something like that! I cannot give enough compliments of how great I thought it was to watch this in video, on the TV. The quality of this video and the editing with the labeling, switching cameras, and everything was SO professional and well done. Blown away!
Hi Kim - I know this is a bit off topic, but I absolutely love your pictures in your signature! Did you guys get married at Disney? So cool.
disluhypno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #19
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

delted

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney

Last edited by EastYorkDisneyFan; 02-09-2013 at 08:26 PM.
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #20
Mike2023
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No I just don't see why your wife deciding to watch it has to mean that you can't listen to it well you commute to work. Also like I said in another thread or in this one I don't necessarily think every episode needs to be watched. If there is something that is heavily video oriented like the show they did about 7 resorts in 7 days where most of it was visual, Yes I'll watch it, but the news it didn't really add much to it other then the picture of the new buses.
I assume then that your single? My wife makes all my decisions for me.

My wife didn't "decide to watch the show", she decided that she would enjoy watching the show with me more then she did listening on her own. Me, being the wonderful husband I am, decided I could wait and watch the show with her because it something she enjoys.

I agree that for the most part the show does not need to be "watched" and doing so does not necessarily add any enjoyment to it. But being able to watch the show with my wife instead of listening on my own adds a lot of enjoyment for me.

{1997 - July - CBR (First Trip)}{1999 - July - Off site}{2005 - June - Off site (Honeymoon)}{2006 - May - Off site (1 Year Anniversary)}
{2008 - April - AKL (3 Year Anniversary)}{2009 - May - AKL,POLY,POR (4 Year Anniversary/DD first Trip)}{2010 - Jan - BLT,AKV,POLY}
{2010 - Oct - BLT,BCV,AKL}{2011 - Aug - AKL}{2012 - Jun - PCC3.0,AKL,BCV}{2013 - May - AKL,DCL}{2013 - Oct - POP}{2014 - Mar - AOA,BLT,DCL}
{2015 - Feb - BWV (Daytonay500)}{2015 - Oct - Offsite,DCL,US (10th Anniversary)}
Old 02-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #21
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

delted

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney

Last edited by EastYorkDisneyFan; 02-09-2013 at 08:27 PM.
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #22
Mike2023
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes I am but I still think it is kind of silly for one person to make all the decisions in a relationship.

I understand that I just think you may want to change the tittle of the thread as it looks a little negative to me.

Wow man, the tittle of this thread and the crack about the wife are both jokes. I figured the body of the thread where I go on to praise the show would have given it away.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:24 PM   #23
KimStaR
this water smells like splash mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by disluhypno View Post
Hi Kim - I know this is a bit off topic, but I absolutely love your pictures in your signature! Did you guys get married at Disney? So cool.
Thank you much! Nah, I wish we got married at Disney. We got married in NJ but did have a Disneyfied wedding (mickey cake topper, illuminations preshow music, space mountain entrance music, etc.) Vow renewal will be at Tower or Terror Terrace (hehe I shoud start planning that!)
Old 02-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #24
KimStaR
this water smells like splash mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsha View Post
Hi Kim!!!
I agree completely. I used to catch up a few episodes at a time, but I definitely find this more appealing.
Hope you guys are doing awesome!
Hey Miss Amber! Hope all is well by you as well!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #25
GoofyinBuffalo
Earning My Ears

Available for Android??

Are these podcasts only available for iphone users? I have an Android and would love to listen/watch them.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #26
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyinBuffalo View Post
Are these podcasts only available for iphone users? I have an Android and would love to listen/watch them.
I'm not sure of the options on the Android, but you can listen/watch through a few ways:

1. iTunes
2. The DIS You Tube Channel
3. DIS Unplugged Live Stream Channel

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #27
AndyPok1
Back in MCO!
To answer the other question, getting along is boring
I like tacos

To listen to podcasts, I use BeyondPod. Great Podcast app.

As far as watching, I personally would have no urge to watch on a small screen, but there's obviously the YouTube app that comes with the phone, and I believe there's a LiveStream app as well.
AndyPok1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: