DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #31
MapleGirl
Perpetual Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenly777 View Post
Am I reading the link incorrectly, because I read $140 pp at the top left. Does it say $114 somewhere else?
Oh, yes! You are right. Thank you for pointing that out.

MapleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #32
kenly777
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleGirl View Post
Oh, yes! You are right. Thank you for pointing that out.
Just wasn't sure if I was reading it correctly. I am in the process of purchasing myself now for our first contract. We opted to go resale, getting a contract for $60pp vs $140! Can't imagine paying full price, as I hesitate even at $60. Good luck in your search
kenly777 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #33
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenly777

Just wasn't sure if I was reading it correctly. I am in the process of purchasing myself now for our first contract. We opted to go resale, getting a contract for $60pp vs $140! Can't imagine paying full price, as I hesitate even at $60. Good luck in your search
The thing is, if you get in at $60 and change your mind in a year, you can pretty much get out with most of your money. If you buy in for $140 and you don't like it....you're stuck. It's always nice to have options.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #34
kenly777
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC

The thing is, if you get in at $60 and change your mind in a year, you can pretty much get out with most of your money. If you buy in for $140 and you don't like it....you're stuck. It's always nice to have options.
So very true.

Many years of staying off site before 1990, 1990 CBR Honeymoon, 1999 CSR, 2005 Rental House, 2008 SS, 2010 Rental House, 2012 POR, 2013 OKW/BCV, 2014 BWV
kenly777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #35
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
Exactly. You are going to have a hard time finding a buyer for those $140 points (and you'll have to pay a 10% fee to the reseller) when others are selling them for $66.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #36
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHTikiBeckie View Post
The only thing I will add is that finding a contract for $57 for 100 points is very difficult. I have been trying to buy a 100 point AKL contract for over a year now at $63-65 per point and I keep getting turned down. I am feeling frustrated!

Good luck deciding, it's a hard decision!
There are three 100 pt AKV contracts that just popped up on Jackie and ****'s site. Looks like the same seller for all 3, October use year.

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #37
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkin View Post
There are three 100 pt AKV contracts that just popped up on Jackie and ****'s site. Looks like the same seller for all 3, October use year.
Yes, and even though they are priced high you could still offer lower price per point but offer to pay MF and closing.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #38
NHTikiBeckie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkin View Post
I just saw them...I didn't know much about that company....reputable?

Disney World videos I made!

http://vimeo.com/7316001 (MGM & Animal Kingdom)

http://vimeo.com/7315073 (Epcot)

http://vimeo.com/7316111 (Magic Kingdom)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjHXWMp1uhI (Christmas and Fun outside the parks)
NHTikiBeckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:05 PM   #39
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just saw them...I didn't know much about that company....reputable?
Yes...we used them for our 1st resale in 2006 and are using them right now for the AKV contract we are adding on. They are very good and will take negotiations to the seller and they work weekends.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #40
NHTikiBeckie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
Yes...we used them for our 1st resale in 2006 and are using them right now for the AKV contract we are adding on. They are very good and will take negotiations and they work weekends.
Thank you...I just made an offer

Disney World videos I made!

http://vimeo.com/7316001 (MGM & Animal Kingdom)

http://vimeo.com/7315073 (Epcot)

http://vimeo.com/7316111 (Magic Kingdom)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjHXWMp1uhI (Christmas and Fun outside the parks)
NHTikiBeckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #41
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay! Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #42
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHTikiBeckie

Good luck! What did you end up offering?

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #43
MapleGirl
Perpetual Planner

Congrats and good luck!!!

I have an update from our house:
DH and I have decided to buy into the DVC!!! We want to buy 120-130 points at about $60/point.

We are learning towards SSR. I like that it seems to be a more 'adult' resort, is close to DTD and has a queen bed w/ sleeper sofa rather than 2 queen beds in the studios. It is also seems to have lower MF's and the contracts are good until 2054. The themeing looks nice.... kind of a relaxed-formal. I'm not super thrilled about how big the resort is and I would want to have a rental car with us for stays there.

We are also looking at AKV. Again we like that the contract is good until 2057. Animal Kingdom is one of our favorite parks. We like Boma and the fire pits around the resort. I don't like that the MF's are a little higher.

We have looked at OKW best don't really like the color palette used in the rooms. I like BWV and would love to be close to Epcot but we're a bit hung up on the fact that the contracts expire in 29 years.

So, I have a bunch of research to do and decisions to make. Good times ahead!

MapleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:01 AM   #44
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:

DH and I have decided to buy into the DVC!!! We want to buy 120-130 points at about $60/point.

We are learning towards SSR. I like that it seems to be a more 'adult' resort, is close to DTD and has a queen bed w/ sleeper sofa rather than 2 queen beds in the studios. It is also seems to have lower MF's and the contracts are good until 2054. The themeing looks nice.... kind of a relaxed-formal. I'm not super thrilled about how big the resort is and I would want to have a rental car with us for stays there.

We are also looking at AKV. Again we like that the contract is good until 2057. Animal Kingdom is one of our favorite parks. We like Boma and the fire pits around the resort. I don't like that the MF's are a little higher.

We have looked at OKW best don't really like the color palette used in the rooms. I like BWV and would love to be close to Epcot but we're a bit hung up on the fact that the contracts expire in 29 years.

OKW is the only resort at WDW that has two queen beds in the studio. All the rest have one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa. So that leaves you with a lot to choose from.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:59 AM   #45
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I think SSR would be a great fit for you...they are a good deal as they are some of the cheapest points to buy and the MFs are lower. You will also have the 11 month booking window for the Treehouse villas if you should ever need to book one.

AKV is not bad either. We are adding there so we can get the 11 month window for the value or standard view villas to save points...and we LOVE AK too as well as all the dining options at AKL.

Good luck with finding a contract and making an offer. Let us know how that goes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: