Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
amybel
Earning My Ears

Offsite hotels nearby Universal?

I am looking to stay at an offsite hotel close to Universal. Originally, we had planned to stay onsite, but since changing our dates to the end of August, we don't think the crowds will warrant the extra cost associated with those hotels.
We are not picky as far as amenities, but would like an affordable hotel with a good reputation for cleanliness, and as close to the Universal area as possible.
I have been looking into the Hyatt, Doubletree, Holiday Inn and Hawthorne as options. So if you know anything about those, that would also be appreciated!
amybel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer

Hey Amy,
We're in a similar situation, I'm putting together another Father/Son trip for April...and need an "affordable" decent place for one night before checking in on-site on a Saturday morning.
I just got a price from the Fairfield-(very close to Universal Studios)- of about $135 pre-paid/non-refundable on a Friday night. (Weekdays are a bit cheaper).
On-site, with an Annual Pass isn't a whole lot more...you might wanna think about going that route.

Best Wishes
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 04:23 AM   #3
Portugal1000
DIS Veteran

We love Homewood Suites Universal. Great location for Universal, great rooms. Very good buffet breakfast and managers reception. We now can only travel in School holidays so last year stayed on site at Hard Rock, 3 times the price but we did get Front of line access. However, rooms no where near as nice as Homewood Suites.
Dec 08 - All Star Sports, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World, 21 Nights
August 09 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 17 Nights
Nov 09 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 15 Nights
Dec 10 - Quality Suites,Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Homewood Suites, 18 Nights
August 2011 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 19 Nights
July 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 21 Nights - Hard Rock Hotel, 1 Night
July 2013 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 22 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific Hotel, 1 Night
August 2014 - Tradewinds Resort, 4 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific, 1 Night - Wyndham Bonnet Creek 18 Nights
Portugal1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
Darcy03231
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Sheraton Studio City (about half a mile away) and it was really nice.

The Doubletree is right across the street from US/IOA. I've never stayed at that particular one, but I have stayed at other Doubletrees and they've been fine too.

Last summer we stayed for three days at the International Palms Resort which was also pretty close by. I got it on hotwire for $136 total for all three nights. Clean and comfortable and had a nice pool.
Darcy03231 is offline   Reply With Quote