Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #91
disbound09
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Just more of the self absorbed not following the rules. Can be applied to many situations in society today. Same story as scaling buildings and parachuting off. Me me me me. Disney did the right thing, but this just encourages others. No real penalty he will sneak in again.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #92
ConnieB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
Since he was tresspassing and broadcasting potential trade secrets, Disney can petition the courts for a PNG (persona non grata). Schools, universities and private businesses take these out against people all the time. Especially businesses in the entertainment industry (bars, restaurants, venues, etc...).
yes, but from the article I read Disney didn't take any proper legal steps. Disney is big...but they are not a law unto themselves. I'm not saying this guy was right, not at all, just that Disney didn't handle it in a way that would stand up in court, at least not from the article (who knows what was left out of the article!).

They're banking on the fact that this guy doesn't know the law....and that he's probably a bit scared at being caught, and blah blah....he'll just accept his punishment and either find another way to get in (likely) or never visit a Disney park again (unlikely). Still saying plastic surgery is something for him to consider, lol.

Actually, you'd be amazed at how many things large corporations do that ordinary citizens just accept.....when in reality the law doesn't agree with the large corporations. But, folks don't know the law (and believe me it's way to complicated for an average Joe to even try.....just keeping up with the changes is a full time job, lol). And, most times, like with this case, the average person thinks Disney is in the right....and morally, yeah, they really are, so the people accept it because it fits their mores. But, as we're seeing more and more this generation doesn't seem to have the same mores as us old folks....so a lot of things are being challenged as "right and wrong" are being redefined.
ConnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #93
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieB View Post
yes, but from the article I read Disney didn't take any proper legal steps. Disney is big...but they are not a law unto themselves. I'm not saying this guy was right, not at all, just that Disney didn't handle it in a way that would stand up in court, at least not from the article (who knows what was left out of the article!).

They're banking on the fact that this guy doesn't know the law....and that he's probably a bit scared at being caught, and blah blah....he'll just accept his punishment and either find another way to get in (likely) or never visit a Disney park again (unlikely). Still saying plastic surgery is something for him to consider, lol.

Actually, you'd be amazed at how many things large corporations do that ordinary citizens just accept.....when in reality the law doesn't agree with the large corporations. But, folks don't know the law (and believe me it's way to complicated for an average Joe to even try.....just keeping up with the changes is a full time job, lol). And, most times, like with this case, the average person thinks Disney is in the right....and morally, yeah, they really are, so the people accept it because it fits their mores. But, as we're seeing more and more this generation doesn't seem to have the same mores as us old folks....so a lot of things are being challenged as "right and wrong" are being redefined.

With all due respect Connie........your own statement is the point and the reason no one trust the laws or lawyers. The laws are not about what is right or just, but how can they be distorted. They twist the laws for their own purposes.

I know....stupid laws, stupid lawyers....but hey, that's what people pay us for.

This guy did what he wasn't supposed to and he knew it.........its not a race or other discrimination issue, its one perosn who thought he was above the rules. He got caught and got just what he deserved.

But lets be honest here.....Disney used the law as well...........they know is very easy to get on property and I am sure are more interested in him and others not doing the same things again. However now they have the ability to press more serious charges.

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #94
the_green_machine
Mouseketeer

Man, this thread has really taken on a life of its own.

I decided that before I commented on this, I would look into Adam's videos and see what this kid was all about. I'm not going to comment on the rights and wrongs and who's an idiot and all of that, but, what I will say is at the end of the day he came across to me (in his video filed the day after his removal) as someone who was truly sorry for what he had done and took his lumps and held no ill will towards Disney in any way.

Adam seems to have been a huge fan of Disney for the last 30 years and although he did, certainly, break the rules, I can't say that he comes across as someone who did it with any ill will towards anyone, rather, he took his curiosity a lot further than any of us would.

It seems to me that many people, in his position, would take aim at Disney and consider them as enemy #1 for what has transpired....that is not the case. He took full responsibily and seemed very sad for his loss.

I, for one, enjoyed his videos and will continue to watch them.

Just my 2 cents worth.

My first completed Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871044
the_green_machine is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: