Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #2806
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

The New Hurricane Hanna's!

Wow - great improvements over at Hurricane Hanna's! I do hope they find more permanent fencing to separate the pool from the seating area - doesn't look quite right. But the setup is great - the bar is much improved and includes seating, everything looks updated and clean and the refill mug station is in its own alcove with the condiments - not in between the bar and the counter service area. Love it!

Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #2807
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom
Over the years, we've set up camp in many different areas of SAB. I've spent a lot of time near the zero depth sandy area. Sometimes, if our boys are sliding a lot, we set up camp at the base of the slide. Other times, we're over near the kiddie pool that overlooks the lake. I usually avoid the rows of chairs right in front of the volleyball net - a bit too hectic for me.

I decided that the quiet area to the right of the hot tubs - sort of to the left of Beaches N Cream is my favorite area to swim. There's a little waterfall, part of it has a sandy bottom, and it's very rarely crowded at any time of year. And there are a few chairs to the right of that area that offer a nice view of different areas of the pool. It's a central location, but a bit tucked away. Now that all of our boys are strong swimmers, it's a nice spot for us.

A few photos - but don't let it get too crowded!
You found my spot! That's my favorite part of the pool too.
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #2808
BusyMom2Three
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
We dodged quite a bullet by about 30 miles here in Western Michigan!!! We got 8" of snow, but about 30 miles and north is pretty bad, over 300 schools closed My DS (10) was quite the pouter this morning because we still had school!!!
In central Michigan (southeast central? ) I don't think we even got 6" which is fine by me, but school was still canceled much to my silly DS8's disappointment!

pixarmom, thank you for the awesome picture tours and menus!

1985 Tokyo Disneyland (Hilton Tokyo Bay)
Mar 2007 Pop Century
Mar 2009 Pop Century
Mar 2011 Port Orleans Riverside
Mar 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Feb-Mar 2013 Beach Club
Feb-Mar 2014 Pop Century
Old 02-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #2809
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Thanks Janet and Sue! Sue, not sure if they actually fixed it, or if our boys are more tough than in the past, or if they were just so happy to use SAB while staying at BWI that it didn't bother them. But they definitely thought it was different from all their previous SAB slides - including their slides in October of last year.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

Old 02-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #2810
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Beaches N Cream To Go

Someone asked about this before our trip - I see lots of snack credit symbols!!

Old 02-08-2013, 07:03 PM   #2811
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177

It's 7:42pm, we have about 4" of powdery snow. Not even enough to warrant the snowblower yet. The best part is that EVERY school in a hundred mile (if not more!) radius was closed, and it didn't start snowing in the Capital Region (Albany NY) until almost dark!! My kids were in heaven!
I'm in Guilderland and we don't even have 2 inches right now at 8:00pm. Our district was the only one around that didn't close though, kids got their school day in. It's just picking up now a little. I doubt we get more than 6-8". Still not looking forward to the drive to Troy tomorrow morning for hockey though.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:03 PM   #2812
BusyMom2Three
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifeMel View Post
Hi... Does the Beach Club Marketplace keep Soy Milk in stock? If anyone knows the size &/or price, that would be great too!

Thanks!
I'd like to know, too.

1985 Tokyo Disneyland (Hilton Tokyo Bay)
Mar 2007 Pop Century
Mar 2009 Pop Century
Mar 2011 Port Orleans Riverside
Mar 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Feb-Mar 2013 Beach Club
Feb-Mar 2014 Pop Century
Old 02-08-2013, 07:03 PM   #2813
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Updated YC Marina Prices

The sea racers!! The sea racers!! SO much fun for all and even our 13-year-old could drive. Our 12-year-old was old enough, but not tall enough. I didn't think I would be interested in driving, but I loved it too.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:09 PM   #2814
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMom2Three View Post
In central Michigan (southeast central? ) I don't think we even got 6" which is fine by me, but school was still canceled much to my silly DS8's disappointment!

pixarmom, thank you for the awesome picture tours and menus!
Wait!!! School was cancelled for you!!! We should have had at least a 2 hour delay this morning so they could have plowed the school parking lot properly!! It was a mess, and I was waiting for everyone to get stuck!!! Where in Central Michigan? My DS has a teammate that goes to Mattawan, and they are on their 6th snow day this year!!! Thankfully, the sun was out today and melted the driveway and other roadways!!

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
Old 02-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #2815
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymomof1 View Post
Thanks for the info on the toiletries. The orange/mickey topped ones at CBR were really nice. I'm hoping the grapefruit is as well. Too bad they don't have mickey ears as well those bottles are really cute. Also, is there a lotion at BC? (That's one thing they CBR did not have in the rooms.)
Yes, all the Deluxe resorts get lotion.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 02-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #2816
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
You found my spot! That's my favorite part of the pool too.
Yay! So relaxing! Now that our boys are getting older and their swimming skills are so strong, I can actually start to think about things like this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMom2Three View Post
I'd like to know, too.
Regarding the soy milk, something called Pearl was in stock at BC Marketplace last October. I think it's soy milk. You can see it near the milk in the photo of the case in my BC Marketplace photo thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3007564

Old 02-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #2817
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

As you can see, the SAB hours must be subject to change again. It was 10-10 when we stayed there in October and 10-8 in January/early February. You can see the removable thingy for the hours on the sign:

Old 02-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #2818
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
Teena - Hope you find some medicine to make you feel better!

PixarMom - What fantastic photo tours! You are the best.
What she said!

Teena- take care of yourself

Pixarmom- AWESOME!!!

These photo tours are perfect! I'll link the posts to the appropriate section on page 1.

And you got the picture of the ever-present golf cart.

Your spot at SAB looks nice and relaxing. I won't tell about your new favorite place if you don't tell anyone about my secret seating section in the gazebo on top of Hurricane Hanna's!

Love the French bakery pictures- "Wine: It's what's for breakfast"

Mango coconut cake??? Buh-bye creme brulee!

I can't remember if I asked you to take the Marina Price Sign picture, but THANK YOU!!! I was playing around with that post last week and noticed the picture I have is a couple of years old.

Last edited by natebenma; 02-08-2013 at 07:26 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #2819
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

For Robyn: Turkey Sandwiches

Hi Robyn!

Just wanted to let you know that not only are turkey sandwiches on the kids' menu at BC Marketplace, but also over at the temporary Boardwalk Bakery. They also offer grown-up turkey sandwiches.

Sounds like a few options for turkey remain!

Old 02-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #2820
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
And you got the picture of the ever-present golf cart.

I won't tell about your new favorite spot at SAB if you don't tell anyone about my secret seating section in the gazebo on top of Hurricane Hanna's!

Love the French bakery pictures- "Wine: It's what's for breakfast"

Mango coconut cake??? Buh-bye creme brulee!
Deal on the SAB spots! I thought of your favorite gazebo top spots and grabbed a couple photos:

And this time, we rode in the golf cart back to BWI! Nice service.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: