Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #1141
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
The multi tasking, gotta love it. Your welcome.
Kid was talking to me, wife wanted something too and I just wanted to get the cat in before I forgot what I was doing!!

But back to the jury, I wouldn't have any trouble giving her the death penalty even if she does fall under some Battered Woman Syndrome. Her bs stories that she wasn't there, then it was intruders, then two years later she says she was defending herself.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #1142
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
Guys, I want to apologize if I jump all over the place with different questions.

A question&.
Why did no one tape JA admitting to killing Travis? There are all those other tapes of her; one in street clothes, (wasn't that the one where she was stretching, gawd) and then the tapes with JA in the orange jump suit.
But later when JA admitted to the actual killing there was no recording of it?

Thx.
That's between her and her attorneys, privileged, she can't be required to incriminate herself. Besides she's gonna tell you all about it now, on the stand.

ETA: She didn't tell the detective that story.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #1143
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Guys, I want to apologize if I jump all over the place with different questions.

A question….
Why did no one tape JA admitting to killing Travis? There are all those other tapes of her; one in street clothes, (wasn't that the one where she was stretching, gawd) and then the tapes with JA in the orange jump suit.

Thx.
I don't think there was a tape where she admitted it. I could be totally wrong, but I think I heard that if murder 2 wasn't put on the table she confessed and then claimed self defense.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #1144
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Remus View Post
That's between her and her attorneys, privileged, she can't be required to incriminate herself. Besides she's gonna tell you all about it now, on the stand.
Quote:
I don't think there was a tape where she admitted it. I could be totally wrong, but I think I heard that if murder 2 wasn't put on the table she confessed and then claimed self defense.

Thanks for the replies.

UR, what if Det. Flores had gotten JA to admit to it in one of those tapes that were shown? Would that have been considered incriminating herself?

KAR

Old 02-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #1145
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

Quote:
Thanks for the replies.

UR, what if Det. Flores had gotten JA to admit to it in one of those tapes that were shown? Would that have been considered incriminating herself?
That's be a confession if she did it after being advised of her rights, course, she's still entitled to a defense in a court of law unless she wanted to enter a plea of guilty as charged.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #1146
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
I did and thank you for posting it, I'm multi tasking here, just read it!
Me too! It's getting very windy out and the lights flickered, so I'm posting first, reading later!
Quote:

A question….

Thx.
Because she only admitted it to her lawyers.

OK...watching JVM, and they're talking about the boys Spiderman undies. I think I said upthread that that could've been a private joke between Jodi and Travis. On JVM they showed a scene from Charlie's Angels where Cameron Diaz is dancing in Spiderman underwear. Didn't see the movie myself. We know Travis was very into movies...had movie nights, or some kind of movie club meeting at his house. Wouldn't be surprised if that was where the underwear joke came in, and not some sort of perversion on the part of Travis Alexander, like the defense claims...that he wanted her to wear boys' underwear because he was sexually deviant. On JVM, they're not saying anything about the movie nights, but that maybe Jodi was lying about the underwear based on just having seen the movie herself. But I think my version makes more sense. But who knows, with Jodi.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #1147
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I think the spidey undies were a inside joke and nothing more.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #1148
momrek06

Quote:
That's be a confession if she did it after being advised of her rights, course, she's still entitled to a defense in a court of law unless she wanted to enter a plea of guilty as charged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post

Because she only admitted it to her lawyers.
Oh, ok, thanks for the replies. So she only admitted it to her lawyers.

And Mar, I agree about the Spiderman underwear. I bet it was an inside joke based on the movie as vs TA wanting JA to wear them.

Also why do you think JA took a pic of that shirt that said "Travis Alexander's" on it and those pink shorts one month AFTER she killed him?

KAR

Old 02-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #1149
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Oh, ok, thanks for the replies. So she only admitted it to her lawyers.

And Mar, I agree about the Spiderman underwear. I bet it was an inside joke based on the movie as vs TA wanting JA to wear them.

Also why do you think JA took a pic of that shirt that said "Travis Alexander's" on it and those pink shorts one month AFTER she killed him?
Who knows, I mean no one in their right mind takes pictures of your own killing spree.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #1150
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Cuz she's a lunatic. But, seriously. And I don't think anyone saw those "gifts" before that (but I don't know); she definitely strikes me as someone who was creating a relationship that wasn't there. Also, I seem to recall one of Travis' friends saying that someone Travis knew had a t-shirt company and Travis would have had a better quality t-shirt made? Anyone know what I'm talking about? lol
Old 02-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #1151
momrek06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
Cuz she's a lunatic. But, seriously. And I don't think anyone saw those "gifts" before that (but I don't know); she definitely strikes me as someone who was creating a relationship that wasn't there. Also, I seem to recall one of Travis' friends saying that someone Travis knew had a t-shirt company and Travis would have had a better quality t-shirt made? Anyone know what I'm talking about? lol
When the dude that was on the stand talking about THESE pictures … and I saw them laid out so neatly in the photograph, I instantly thought JA had these made up all on her own. That Travis had nothing to do with these.

KAR

Old 02-09-2013, 12:16 AM   #1152
PebblesMK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When the dude that was on the stand talking about THESE pictures … and I saw them laid out so neatly in the photograph, I instantly thought JA had these made up all on her own. That Travis had nothing to do with these.
I don't believe that Travis made those clothes because A) I'd assume he would have had them done instead of running to JoAnn Fabrics, buying iron on letters and ironing them himself (Crooked letters show a DIY job). and B) How many guys can pick out clothes for a female and get the right size...even when told what size, brands vary. Those clothes fit her pretty well.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #1153
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/12...-questionnaire

Here is an interesting piece where some jurors were questioned.
The lady who said she was once abused by a boyfriend. I hope she was put on the jury. Because if she was, she knows exactly what abuse is. She must be livid listening to this bullcrap.

Thanks for the article!!!
Lori
Old 02-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #1154
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesMK View Post
I don't believe that Travis made those clothes because A) I'd assume he would have had them done instead of running to JoAnn Fabrics, buying iron on letters and ironing them himself (Crooked letters show a DIY job). and B) How many guys can pick out clothes for a female and get the right size...even when told what size, brands vary. Those clothes fit her pretty well.
Very true!!!
My husband would NEVER know how to go about that.
Honestly, how many men would actually ever think of such a gift???
Nope, they may go buy a nightie, but personalized underwear???
NOPE!!!!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:58 AM   #1155
PebblesMK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post
Very true!!!
My husband would NEVER know how to go about that.
Honestly, how many men would actually ever think of such a gift???
Nope, they may go buy a nightie, but personalized underwear???
NOPE!!!!
Were the pictures of Jodi in the "possessive" clothing in Jodi's possession or were they found at Travis' home? If Travis had the pictures, he may have taken them to show how crazy she was, but if Jodi had them, it was more likely to be a "Look at me! I love you so much that I'm yours" kind of thing.

Has there been testimony or evidence presented from friends of Travis that show Jodi was a bit crazy? There had been something about her crawling through the doggie door, and I had heard she slashed his tires, but is there more? I really need to catch up!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: