Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #91
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnmooner2013 View Post
Thanks Tinkgurl
Hope I helped and gave you some ideas.
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:50 PM   #92
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Hope I helped and gave you some ideas.
you did

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT
disnmooner2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #93
partigus
Mouseketeer

never realized that. ive taken my daughters out before and never thought about it
2011 Yacht Club (5)
2010 Contemporary (5)
2009 Beach Club Villas (6)
2008 Wilderness Lodge (5)
2005 French Quarter (7)
2004 Wilderness Lodge (2)
2004 Marriott World Center (2)
2003 Polynesian (4)
1996 Port Orleans (4)
1992 Off Site (2)
1988 Grad Night (1)
1988 Naval Training Center (1)
1987 Grad Night (1)
1987 Naval Training Center (1)
Several family day trips- early 80's (4)
Trips to Fort Wilderness Campgrounds in early 70's (?)
partigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #94
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Can someone tell me where the rose garden is in Magic Kingdom? Also, where in France is the best spot to watch Illuminations?

Old 01-26-2013, 03:39 AM   #95
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnmooner2013
Can someone tell me where the rose garden is in Magic Kingdom? Also, where in France is the best spot to watch Illuminations?
In MK walk toward the.castle and turn toward Tomorrowland. On the left you will see a path beside the Kodak picture spot. Thats the rose garden (DH proposed there in 2009!)

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:52 AM   #96
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom View Post
In MK walk toward the.castle and turn toward Tomorrowland. On the left you will see a path beside the Kodak picture spot. Thats the rose garden (DH proposed there in 2009!)
Thanks. I was trying to figure out how far it is from the Rose Garden to Crystal Palace. I want to get a picture of us in front of the Rose Garden before our 8:35 AM ADR.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:58 PM   #97
Beka
Goes to 11

Quote:
My fiance and I will be honeymooning in Disney World this June staying at Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon Room w/ Club Level. To make things even better we just got a HUGE savings on our room with the 20% room discount . Listed below is our day by day itinerary. Please let me know of your thoughts; and any ideas to make trip even more unforgettable and romantic. The only thing that is out is a fire works cruise.

Monday: check in to Wilderness Lodge and get celebration buttons, then possibly short afternoon at Animal Kingdom (2.5 hours) - Rain Forest Cafe lunch (1:30 PM lunch res) maybe keeping; Sanaa dinner (5:00 PM dinner res - hopeful to get window table to view animals). After dinner; shopping at Boardwalk then shopping at Downtown Disney.

That sounds busy, but fun! Do you have an iPhone? There's an app that tells you how long it takes to get from place to place using various forms of Disney transportation. personally, I would drop RFC simply because you can eat there in other cities.

Tuesday: day at Hollywood Studios - breakfast at Roaring Forks; lunch at Mama Melroses (12:15 PM res); Boatwright's dinner (7:45 PM dinner res); after dinner Carriage ride at Port Orleans Riverside (9:00 PM). Then take boat to Downtown Disney for Characters in Flight hot air balloon ride.

Wednesday: day at Magic Kingdom - breakfast at Crystal Palace (8:30 AM res); lunch at Columbia Harbour House (12:30 PM lunch): dinner at either Be our Guest (5:00 PM res.) or Spirit of Aloha Show (8:00 PM show) then probably watch Wishes from hammock or swing at Polynesian Beach.

I love CHH! I have yet to have anything there I didn't like. BoG is just ok to us. I thought the menu was kind of bland, but the atmosphere is the BEST!

Thursday: day at Epcot - lunch at Via Napoli (11:30 AM lunch); dinner at Le Cellier (4:45 PM res) or might change to Yachtsman Steakhouse or Shulas. SEE BELOW FOR SOME FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS ABOUT THESE RESTAURANTS . Watch Illuminations from World Showcase.

We really enjoyed Via Napoli when we were there in 2010. Delicious pizza! Haven't tried the steak places yet.

Friday: Wilderness Lodge resort day - breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe (9 AM). Rent Surrey bikes; then pontoon boat in the morning. In the afternoon lunch at Roaring Fork (1:00 PM lunch), massages at Sturdy Branches, and swim at pool. Dinner at Narcoossee's (7:55 PM res) watch Electrical Water Pageant and Wishes from either the restaurant or the Grand Floridian Marina.

Saturday: day at Blizzard Beach - before Blizzard Beach breakfast at Kona Cafe (8:30 AM res); Dinner at Cape May Cafe (6:00 PM res). After dinner; walk over to Jelly Rolls for evening entertainment.

Sounds yummy, Kona's breakfast always looks good to me.

Sunday: day at Animal Kingdom (5.5 hours) - probably 11:30 light lunch at Yak & Yetti Counter Service. I am surprising my wife to be with our last dinner at Victoria & Albert's Chef's Table . After dinner, walk around Grand Floridian.

I love this! Plan 3 hours for V&A!

Monday: morning and early afternoon at Epcot - lunch at Teppan Edo (our last meal in Disney World ).

Do you suggest : for Wednesday evening dinner at Be our Guest or Spirit of Aloha Show? For the best Filet Mignon and New York Strip and wine and Pina Coladas should we go to Le Cellier, Yachtsman Steakhouse, or Shulas? I am more and more considering changing to Yachtsmans or Shulas. Can you see Illuminations well from either Yachtsmans or Shulas? Which has faster service? Which is faster to get to from Epcot; and what is the best way to get to them? We are not on the dining plan. Should we watch Wishes twice from both Polynesian Beach (Wednesday evening) and from Narcoossee's (Friday evening)? If not worth watching twice, which would you recommend? On Sunday at Animal Kingdom, would you recommend yak & Yetti Quick Service for a light but tasty lunch? If not, where would you recommend a good light lunch art Animal Kingdom? Any other suggestions to make this honeymoon most romantic and unforgettable (just not going to do fireworks cruise)?
You can't see Illuminations from Shula's, it's inside the Dolphin, and I don't recall there being windows. I had a lobster tail (yuck!) and DH had the big steak (48 oz?) which was really good. He ate all of it!

I honestly have preferred the restaurants at the Dolphin over some of the Disney restaurants. We ate at Blue Zoo which was fantastic! As was Il Mulino, if you want Italian. I highly recommend both!

Trips to see The Mouse
1984 1988 1992 1994 1995 1996 2009 2010 2012 2013
Old 01-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #98
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Thanks Beka your suggestions are helpful.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:49 AM   #99
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Lightbulb

Thank you to all who have so far left suggestions. I am taking into account how many of you said we need more time to relax and that on Monday our RFC and Sanaa ADRs are too close together. I am updating my plan. I am canceling our 1:30 PM ADR at RFC on Monday and are not going to go to Animal Kingdom at all on Monday. We will get into Disney World in the late morning Monday. We will spend the afternoon relaxing and exploring Wilderness Lodge. We will still keep Sanaa dinner reservation. I have changed my Thursday dinner ADR from a 4:45 PM res at Le Cellier to a 6:00 PM res at Yachtsman Steakhouse. The tipping point was that at Le Cellier I was worried about the closeness of the tables. We are also no longer going to go to Blizzard Beach, and have changed Kona Cafe breakfast from Saturday to Sunday. Instead on Saturday, we are going to Animal Kingdom. I have made an 11:30 am ADR for lunch at Rain Forest Cafe. Saturday evening plans remain the same. Sunday we will sleep in and go to a late breakfast at 10:35 am at Kona Cafe. Then go back to the hotel and swim in the pool and relax until time to get ready for V&A Chef Table dinner. i have updated my original post with the changes that I have made. Please keep the helpful thoughts and suggestions coming.

Last edited by disnmooner2013; 02-03-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:52 PM   #100
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Arrow

Do you suggest either doing Bluezoo or Cape May Cafe? My fiance loves clams, mussels, crab legs, and lobster.

Last edited by disnmooner2013; 02-18-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #101
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Lightbulb

Changed Wednesday Evening from Spirit of Aloha to Kona Cafe then watch Wishes from hammock at Polynesian Beach

Old 02-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #102
Beka
Goes to 11

Quote:
Changed Wednesday Evening from Spirit of Aloha to Kona Cafe then watch Wishes from hammock at Polynesian Beach
That sounds romantic!

Quote:
Do you suggest either doing Bluezoo or Cape May Cafe? My fiance loves clams, mussels, crab legs, and lobster.
BLUEZOO! It. Is. Fabulous.

Trips to see The Mouse
1984 1988 1992 1994 1995 1996 2009 2010 2012 2013
Old 02-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #103
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beka View Post
That sounds romantic!

BLUEZOO! It. Is. Fabulous.
Thanks Beka. I have changed up the honeymoon itinerary some to give us more rest and relaxation and to have more surprises for my fiance. I thought that the hammock after dinner at Kona would be very romantic to watch Wishes. Plus, the Spirit of Aloha gets mixed reviews and the food looked much better at Kona for dinner.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #104
I Am Flynn Rider
Earning My Ears

Honeymooner to Honeymooner...

So sorry for such a late reply! School is trying to kill me in large and lethal doses lately...

I'm not going to necessarily comment on your itinerary or your plans. You have gotten more than enough input on that end. It looks like your changes are good, and you know what y'all both like. I'm jealous for some of your experiences... They sound like great fun!

When you go to Kona for breakfast, if you like coffee, don't miss out on their french press pot that they will bring to your table. It is fabulous and one of my wife's favorite memories(which we're recreating on our trip this year :D ).

I know you posted that y'all are pretty "go" people, but take the time to listen to her and ask her opinion if you should go "here" or "here" next. Make her feel like it is ok if she wants to ride Dumbo (didn't expect that one, but found out that it made her evening that I didn't tease her about it and totally went for it with her). We got great pics in the air kissing with the castle in the background and the sun setting. And see if she's tired. Once we came back to the Poly (love that place!!!) to change and grab some stuff, and when I came out of the bathroom, she was zonked, sprawled out on the bed fast asleep. I just grabbed my trusty UG and let her nap for about 45 minutes. She needed a recharge, and I hadn't realized how tired she was getting. But she knew I wouldn't freak out that we weren't getting somewhere or doing something. Use your honeymoon to set the tone for her to trust you and be comfortable with you.

It is awesome that you have been planning so hard, but when it comes down to it, hold those plans in an open palm. Magic comes in many forms and it may need a change of plans.

Oh, btw, we loved the hammocks at the Poly. Great idea! I want a massage too! It's on our bucket list. When you go for the balloon flight (so cool!), we had the best caramel apple we've ever had over at the Candy Caldron there in DTD... Amazing. Saw you'll be in Epcot one morning... We loved the quiche at Boulangerie, especially since we got to sit in that little back alley in France in the sunshine...And the eclairs were delectable (I know, not a breakfast food, but it was vacation, so who cares?) It was very romantic and quiet. I don't know how much it has changed since it became Les Halles...

Hold her hand. Put your arms around her when you watch Illuminations. Kiss as much as you want-you've got a license for it! Wear your buttons (it made me feel silly at first, but it was totally worth it!). We were given bride and groom hats. They got even better responses than the buttons... Just sayin'... Share food on each other's plates if you're up for that sort of thing. We got to experience twice as much, and it made being "adventurous" less worrisome because we knew we had two possibilities to choose from-even switched plates a couple times...

And this is not for Disney, but magic nonetheless... Your wedding day is going to be absolutely crazy. It will be jam-packed with stuff to do, people to talk to, left-over details... In fact, most of it feels like a blur after it is all said and done. But when it comes down to it and she steps out to walk down that aisle, tune everything else out, clear your mind, and take a mental picture of her at that moment. Make sure you can see it clearly. You'll hold onto that for the rest of your life. There is nothing like that moment. Someday you'll hold your first baby and do the same thing, but they're gonna move out someday. Your wife is for a lifetime.

WDW is magical. The sights, the smells, walking onto Main Street the first time, the feeling around you. Take the time to enjoy it. Don't miss the CM's! They are amazing people and will be so excited for you two! Thank them for their help, their caring, and any pixie-dust that they may sprinkle your way. You're bringing a lot of magic with you. Be the couple that everyone is so glad that they bumped into and wishes well on their voyage in life.

Wow, that was a lot of nostalgic ramblings. I hope some of it helps, or at least is encouraging. I have no doubt that you both will have a wonderful time and will remember this forever. May the magic follow you wherever you go, in and out of the world, and God bless you both!

"Well, a fake reputation is all a man has." "Frying pans... Who knew, right?"
I Am Flynn Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:55 PM   #105
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up

I am Flynn Rider that is an awesome response. Thanks and originally I was only agreeing to wear the groom hat one day. After reading you response; I will wear it as many days as my then wife wants to wear them. I also had her tell me what rides she wants to do; and planned on doing some of her favorites more than once.

Last edited by disnmooner2013; 03-04-2013 at 10:14 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: