Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #16
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Comparing airline miles, American Airlines has the least expensive miles. I think their least expensive roundtrip is 40k miles saver off peak season to Europe and saver peak it is 60k miles (for economy seats)

United it is 60k miles for economy. When booking United, book the seats as soon as possible 9-11 months in advance. American seems to be a little better about having seat available.

Also, sign up for Taca airlines. Last Sept you could buy miles and get the same many miles free. So, you could pay for 60k Miles and get 120k miles. However, as I found out the hard way, you have to be a member before they come out with a promo like that.

Also, watch the American Airline credit cards. I believe it is around this time (maybe mid March, they will come out with a promo for 50k-60k miles just for signing up. They also have a Amex that has no transaction fee for overseas.

United's card as has given 65k miles for their as well as Chase Sapphire (I have both.) I also have both the Amex American and Visa American card. All promos were 50k or more (points or miles) when I signed up. Don't sign up for 40k or less. In the end, that is not worth it. So watch for the better miles promos. Also, if you have a spouse, they can also get the promo card with miles (instead of sharing accounts). My family did that so within months we had enough to fly roundtrip on American to Australia/New Zealand.

sweetlovin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #17
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

I should add, aside from using the points towards your ticket for Chase Sapphire, you can change the points 1:1 for United British Airways and Southwest (I forget the others) but I found combining the miles from Chase Sapphire along with the miles gained on the United card.

I do think the miles on the airlines makes a difference. If you are taking 20k miles per person, it makes a difference how quickly the points add up,

sweetlovin' is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: