Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
RuggerBrad
Yes Mom, I still play rugby

I know its January but its still Christmas

I spent way too much time here planning our last trip to DLR, and enjoying other folks trip reports for both DLR and WDW. So, I figured I should give back with a little with a tip filled trip report of our recent visit out West. For example...

TIP ONE - The time from New Year's to the end of the Christmas season is a great time to visit DLR. We were able to fill what would have otherwise been a dead zone in our son's school break, the crowds were manageable, and the decorations and special activities were awesome.

Okay, here's some quick background on our trip. There were five of us in two rooms at the GC from Jan 2-6. We ate a lot, saw or rode everything on our must do list, and didn't exhaust ourselves beyond reason. That reminds me...

TIP TWO - The food at DL was way better than expected. We've visited DL or WDW about once a year since we got married 17 years ago, and I grew up going to WDW once or twice a year with my grandparents who retired to FL around the same time the FL park opened. We've also been to Universal, SeaWorld, etc. over the years. As a whole the food at DL was the best (even better than some of our recent experiences at non theme park resorts).

I'll be back soon to let you in on who made up our party of five and whatever I can remember or fake from our planning spreadsheet (yes, I did that). Sorry, no pictures though as I'm doing this on my work laptop as the home machine has bit the dust.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: