Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #1
DVCMikey
DIS Veteran

Anyone else stranded in the North East?

We were set to leave Tonight (Friday) night to drive down to orlando. We have this huge storm coming in and was wondering if anyone else in NJ or the North East is in the same situation as us?

They are saying about a foot of snow where we are, We already had to cancel our Saturday night hotel room. I plan on being up early Sat morning, plowing our driveway and then off we go. Hopefully the storm ends earlier than what they are saying and it isn't as bad.
DVCMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCMikey
We were set to leave Tonight (Friday) night to drive down to orlando. We have this huge storm coming in and was wondering if anyone else in NJ or the North East is in the same situation as us?

They are saying about a foot of snow where we are, We already had to cancel our Saturday night hotel room. I plan on being up early Sat morning, plowing our driveway and then off we go. Hopefully the storm ends earlier than what they are saying and it isn't as bad.
I was wondering how this "monster" storm might affect people's Disney plans. We are in Massachusetts and are projected to have blizzard conditions and up to 3 feet of snow. Hope you get out and get to your magical destination!

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #3
Dis703
DIS Veteran

I know a few people on another board I'm on are supposed to be flying out to Orlando on Sunday from NY and MA. Not sure how things are going to look by then, but I hope they still make it out. Last I heard the snow is supposed to last here in NJ until 1pm tomorrow, but you never know. Hope it picks up speed and gets out of the way so everyone can get on with their Disney vacations!

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:52 AM   #4
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Actually someone reported on the POR thread they were to check out tomorrow and their flight has been cancelled and they were stuck IN Disney....what a place to be stuck!

But with people checking in over the weekend, and it will start to ramp up for President's Day week, some people may have trouble extending their stay depending on the conditions at home.

I am in Delaware, so we are just getting rain, rain, rain, but one of my co-workers' daughter and grandson live in MA, on the Vermont border. She texted about an hour ago, that if you look out the window at her place, it looks like someone just shook up a snow globe!
Old 02-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #5
sammsma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
I am in Delaware, so we are just getting rain, rain, rain, but one of my co-workers' daughter and grandson live in MA, on the Vermont border. She texted about an hour ago, that if you look out the window at her place, it looks like someone just shook up a snow globe!
We are in MA and that's just how it looks out of our windows right now. We're expecting up to 24" in the next day or two. I"m so sorry for anyone trying to get out this weekend.
sammsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #6
patty57
DIS Veteran

I'm in RI. Predictions for 2-3 feet of snow, and wind gusts up to 65mph. I can deal with the snow etc., I just really hope we don't lose power. It will be awfully cold will no heat.
patty57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #7
DarleneW
Mouseketeer

Not sure what part of NJ you are in but I'm in central/southern (Ocean County) and so far we are only having rain. If you could get out maybe it might be worth it to start driving today. I don't believe we are supposed to get snow until much later tonight. Just a thought. You might be able to get out before it gets bad .
DarleneW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #8
bennifer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCMikey

Ugh! We're in western PA, so it's mostly passing us by. Stay safe everyone!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #9
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty57 View Post
I'm in RI. Predictions for 2-3 feet of snow, and wind gusts up to 65mph. I can deal with the snow etc., I just really hope we don't lose power. It will be awfully cold will no heat.
Thats what im afraid of........the power going out and having no heat

OP - I hope you are able to get on the road without a problem tomorrow
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #10
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

Now with the driving ban you will have to wait. I am in Ma and things are picking up...wind, snow etc. Glad this year we decided on Aoril and not Feb. Hope you get out! Safe driving!

2003-POR
2011- Poly TPV
2012- POR/BWI
2015- AKLV/BWV
Mynamewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #11
Flyerfan
Hockey lovin' OLTL addict with a deep desire for Disney

I'm always stranded in the Northeast.

Sorry. Can you tell I want to live in Florida?
Oct1989 Off site...Jan 1996 Dixie Landings...Jan 2006 POR....Dec 2006 POFQ...January 2008 SSR...Nov '08 OKW/Swan/SSR...Sept '09 BWV/YC....Nov '09 AKV/ SSR....July '10 SSR...Oct '10 HHI...Nov '11 SSR/BLT....May 2013 POR

Flyerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #12
BigKid45
Mouseketeer

Here in way upstate NY we haven't really been "pounded"...just light snow all day long. Just cleared 8" off the drive way and it keeps on falling. Thoughts and prayers out to everyone destined to embark on a Disney trip. We fly out next Wednesday...hope all the traffic is cleared up by then. Wishing Pixie dust to all!

WDW-'72 & '73 Offsite, '05 & '06 Offsite, '08 WL-Club, '09 ASMu-FS, '10 Pop, '12 Windsor Hills, '13 POR
DL-Offsite every Oct 1974-1987 (Corp. Nites)
BigKid45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #13
Pooh2
DIS Veteran

Stuck in NE but dreaming of Disney..
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #14
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh2 View Post
Stuck in NE but dreaming of Disney..
17 days yes dreaming of Disney and praying these lines don't go down.

10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Debrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #15
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Good luck on your trip to WDW.
We have about 8 inches of snow from Nemo - but I wished they named the storm Nero (burn down Rome) and not Nemo the cute little Disney fish

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: