Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
marquislaura
Mouseketeer

How much Alcohol to take?

Past Cruisers. . . . I know the size of cooler you are allowed to take on board, but just wondering how much alcohol some of you actually took on board. Just wondering, I guess I don't want to be the only person at check-in with a cooler filled.
marquislaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquislaura View Post
Past Cruisers. . . . I know the size of cooler you are allowed to take on board, but just wondering how much alcohol some of you actually took on board. Just wondering, I guess I don't want to be the only person at check-in with a cooler filled.
If you bring a cooler, you may be the only one since coolers are not allowed. No coolers, no ice.

You can bring on what you can carry (or wheel in a suitcase). How much would depend on how much you can carry, drink, and how long your cruise is. If you think you'll drink a bottle of wine per day, then you'll need 3 or 4 or 7. Rum? Maybe one bottle.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
marquislaura
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post
If you bring a cooler, you may be the only one since coolers are not allowed. No coolers, no ice.

You can bring on what you can carry (or wheel in a suitcase). How much would depend on how much you can carry, drink, and how long your cruise is. If you think you'll drink a bottle of wine per day, then you'll need 3 or 4 or 7. Rum? Maybe one bottle.

Nancy
Alcohol is permitted on board. However, any fragile items (including alcoholic beverages) must be hand-carried on board in the carry-on of an adult Guest – age 21 or older (dimensions can't exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep).

I have a soft pink canvas carry-on that is has white cooler lining that are just under these demensions, so I was going to use this.- Do you think I will have a problem with bringing that on?
marquislaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #4
bojybear
Earning My Ears

good question. I was wanting to know the same thing!
bojybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
kathy carleton
Mouseketeer

what about canned beer??

I understand that I have to carry on glass bottles of wine in a specific sized bag.. but what about canned beer? Can it go in my husbands suitcase?
Old 02-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #6
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy carleton View Post
I understand that I have to carry on glass bottles of wine in a specific sized bag.. but what about canned beer? Can it go in my husbands suitcase?
From DCL's website:

Question
May Guests bring alcohol onboard?

Answer
While adult Guests ages 21 and older may bring alcohol onboard, the following guidelines apply:

Outside alcohol cannot be consumed in any lounge or public area

At Palo and Remy, a $20 corkage fee will be charged for outside wine and champagne

Beverages must be packed in your carry-on bag—which must not exceed 22 inches wide, 14 inches high and 9 inches deep in dimension
Coolers filled with personal items (e.g. soda, alcohol, chips, candy, etc.) may not be brought on board.

Please note: Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from checked luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #7
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Also from the DCL website:

Question
What items are not permitted on board?

Answer
In order to maintain a safe and secure environment for our Guests and crew, the following are examples of items that Guests are not allowed to bring on board. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found.
•Large Ice Coolers (Please note: small, personal-sized coolers, no larger than 12" x 12" x 12" brought onboard for the purpose of housing medications are permitted as carry-on luggage.)

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #8
Jareds_mommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy carleton View Post
They will take it out, you have to carry it on. On our 10 day cruise we uses a heys carry on pullman, we had a 12 pack of beer, a 26oz of spiced rum, 2 bottles of wine, a vodka and a limoncello we ened up not drinking the vodka and limoncello, we gave it to our room steward.

Jareds_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #9
Chaopolis
Earning My Ears

I'm going on a 14-day cruise... I guess I'll need a couple extra carry-ons....
Old 02-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #10
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaopolis View Post
I'm going on a 14-day cruise... I guess I'll need a couple extra carry-ons....
You can also bring onboard any alcohol you purchase in port.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #11
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

We brought two bottles of crown and several individual little wines and well we got into a bad habit with the drink of the day and really didn't drink much of it at all.

Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #12
Sir William
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquislaura
We take 4 bottles of wine, completely secured in Bottle Armor from Magellan's in my backpack, which will last us a week. we sometimes bring some small (airline) bottles of rum and Scotch, but lately only just the wine.
DL 1956; DL 1961; DL 1963; DL 1972; WDW 1979; DL 1983; WDW 1994; WDW Mar 1996; WDW (SOG) Aug 2000; WDW (SOG) Jan 2001; WDW (SOG) Jan 2005; Disney Magic, Western Caribbean, Jan 2011; WDW July 2011 (off-site); DVC (SSR) July 2010; Disney Magic, Bahamas, May 2012; WDW (SSR) May 2012; DVC (Aulani) May 2012; Aulani Apr 2013; DVC (SSR & BWV) June 2013; WDW (VWL) Mar 2014; Disney Dream, Bahamas, Mar 2014; Disney Magic, Mediterranean, May-Jun 2014
Sir William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #13
sbag
Mouseketeer

I just bought liquor for our cruise today. Most likely we will be taking one bottle each of red and white wine and 2 bottles of rum, each 375 ml (plastic bottles).
sbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:01 PM   #14
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

I'm thinking with 5 nights and early mornings one bottle of rum should be plenty for me. I know I'll try the drink of the day too.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:27 AM   #15
ChloroFiend
DIS Veteran

Let's see..

750mL Jack Daniels
750mL Vodka
Flask of Captain Morgan
Flask of Jameson
4 splits of Prosecco

Pretty sure we polished off the majority of that during on our 7-night out of Galveston. The flask of CM came home, but that's about it. We also spent most nights in the bars till last(ish) call and got the 7-night wine package. I also bought the beer mug (and got my money's worth!) plus we won another one.

Now, your results may vary. This was for 2 people in their late 20s/early 30s that often go out and drink. Probably a bit much for most people

Pro-Tip: Those screw-lid tumblers with the built-in straws are perfect for mixing cocktails on board.
ChloroFiend is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: