Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #1
auprincess
DIS Veteran
 
auprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,123

Need a GREAT Pool!

Okay ~ we are thinking about doing a Seaworld/Aquatica trip instead of a week stay on one of the Gulf Coast beaches. I have started to price some options (Windsor Hills), and we could actually go for a week and get tickets to the 2 parks (SW/A) for about the same price of just a condo on the gulf. I know the beaches are about an hour away, we will probably plan at least 1 beach day, 2 days at SeaWorld, and at least a day at Aquatica.

Since we won't be on the beach, we really want someplace with a GREAT pool. Would love zero entry, a slide, maybe a kids area?? I don't know ~ we will be spending a lot of time there so we just want to love it. Based on the kiddos, the number 1 priority will be a slide. Oh, and price is a factor ~ since it is a few hours further drive, the price really needs to be good for us to make it happen! I'm finding Windsor Hills for $99-$120ish a night ~ which is great! I just want to make sure there isn't a better fit. Oh, and we will have our own car; and we don't care if it is a condo or a hotel/suite ~ we just need to have a kitchen and at least one seperate bedroom (2 would be great, but not a deal breaker).
__________________
January 2008 Pop Century
January 2010 Wilderness Lodge
January 2011 All Star Sports
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:33 AM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side
 
spiceycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: birmingham, Al
Posts: 36,927

though windsor hills was 2-bedrooms?

have not stayed there - but it gets great reviews here.
__________________
Pat J

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
jeff968
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Trumbull CT
Posts: 1,260

Check the Hilton Parc Soleil, our current favorite with a fantastic pool that meets your requirements. I have a review posted in the review area. The drive to Seaworld couldn't be easier, a left out of the resort onto Plam parkway, the first light take a right. About 5 minutes and no traffic.
__________________

14 Hilton Parc Soleil (DW, DD, MIL)
13, 12, 11 Hilton Parc Soleil (DW, DD with us, 2 in college)
10 Marriott Newport beach villas, California (DW, 3 kids)
09 Marriott Horizons (DW, 2 kids, MIL)
08 Marriott Cypress Harbor/Grand Vista (2 kids)
07 Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
06 Marriott Imperial Palm (DW, 3 kids, MIL, cousin)
05 Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
04 Vistana Villages/Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
03 AKL/Orange Lake (3 kids)
02 HGVC Seaworld (3 kids)
01 Vistana Resort (3 kids)
00 Radisson Resort Pkwy (3 kids)
97 Radisson Resort Pkwy (2 kids)
95 Sheraton Resort Pkwy (2 kids)
93 Dixie Landings (2 kids)
92 Port Orleans (1 child)
86 Sheraton world (the wife & I)
73 Can't remember (M&D&B&S&GM)
jeff968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #4
auprincess
DIS Veteran
 
auprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,123

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
though windsor hills was 2-bedrooms?

have not stayed there - but it gets great reviews here.
Windsor Hills does have 2 bedrooms (3, too!) ~ and it really might be what we go with. Can't beat the price! I'm just not wowed by the pool! It will be fine, the girls will love the slide. I think I'm just spoiled by the Disney pools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff968 View Post
Check the Hilton Parc Soleil, our current favorite with a fantastic pool that meets your requirements. I have a review posted in the review area. The drive to Seaworld couldn't be easier, a left out of the resort onto Plam parkway, the first light take a right. About 5 minutes and no traffic.
Thank you ~ I'm going to check out your review now!
__________________
January 2008 Pop Century
January 2010 Wilderness Lodge
January 2011 All Star Sports
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #5
auprincess
DIS Veteran
 
auprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,123

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff968 View Post
Check the Hilton Parc Soleil, our current favorite with a fantastic pool that meets your requirements. I have a review posted in the review area. The drive to Seaworld couldn't be easier, a left out of the resort onto Plam parkway, the first light take a right. About 5 minutes and no traffic.
I read your review ~ sounds great! I see that you are also booked for 2013; do you mind telling me who you booked through? And what the nightly rate is? I'm about to go do some researching, but a head start would be great!
__________________
January 2008 Pop Century
January 2010 Wilderness Lodge
January 2011 All Star Sports
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #6
disneymama148
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 17

pool is awful

We have stayed at Windsor Hills twice. The condos are great - but the pool is pretty terrible.

The first time we stayed here we were so busy we never even went in the pool. The last time we went we had a down night so we all headed over to the pool. The slide wasn't open the night we were there - if memory serves me maybe it's only open for certain hours during the day? However, the water is VERY shallow and not circulated much, if a all, and as a result when we were there it was as warm as a bathtub.

To be fair, we were there in mid July. BUT... we also spent a night at AKL that week and their pool was deeper, had some shade, and the temp was refreshing. We are going back in July again this year and are choosing different accomodations because we don't like the pool.
disneymama148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #7
auprincess
DIS Veteran
 
auprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,123

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymama148 View Post
We have stayed at Windsor Hills twice. The condos are great - but the pool is pretty terrible.

The first time we stayed here we were so busy we never even went in the pool. The last time we went we had a down night so we all headed over to the pool. The slide wasn't open the night we were there - if memory serves me maybe it's only open for certain hours during the day? However, the water is VERY shallow and not circulated much, if a all, and as a result when we were there it was as warm as a bathtub.

To be fair, we were there in mid July. BUT... we also spent a night at AKL that week and their pool was deeper, had some shade, and the temp was refreshing. We are going back in July again this year and are choosing different accomodations because we don't like the pool.
Thanks for your honest review of the pool! i feel silly that it is so important, but it is for us! We will be there in June, be taking mid day breaks while my youngest naps, so some of us will more than likely be at the pool daily. Seeing the pictures, it just doesn't stand out. I know we are spoiled by the Dinsey pools, but I just want the girls to love it.
__________________
January 2008 Pop Century
January 2010 Wilderness Lodge
January 2011 All Star Sports
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #8
BadgerGirl84
I think my biggest pet peeve is when a weird toe pops out the side
 
BadgerGirl84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,044

The pools at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek were the best pools I've experienced anywhere, other than the Carribean.

There are 5 or 6 pools (can't remember...) a couple of slides, a few zero entry pools and two lazy rivers with tubes.

I stayed in Tower 6 and that was right by the "pirate pool" which I thought was the best (zero entry, salt water, nice slide, nice hot tub) and also right next to one of the pools with a lazy river.

You can get a 2 bedroom for 100-120/night. Be aware of the new 12/day per unit fee for "transportation" however. I'm considering Windsor Hills for my next stay, but from the pictures, the pool just doesn't seem to compare to those at WBC.
__________________
Me: (29) DH: (31) DD (1) Minnie and Eve the Frenchtons:

BadgerGirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #9
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 193

I have to agree, pools at WBC are great! We also loved the main pool with the waterfall at Sheraton Vistana Villages. They also have another pool with a pirate ship that is great for little ones.
infopurposesonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #10
auprincess
DIS Veteran
 
auprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,123

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerGirl84 View Post
The pools at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek were the best pools I've experienced anywhere, other than the Carribean.

There are 5 or 6 pools (can't remember...) a couple of slides, a few zero entry pools and two lazy rivers with tubes.

I stayed in Tower 6 and that was right by the "pirate pool" which I thought was the best (zero entry, salt water, nice slide, nice hot tub) and also right next to one of the pools with a lazy river.

You can get a 2 bedroom for 100-120/night. Be aware of the new 12/day per unit fee for "transportation" however. I'm considering Windsor Hills for my next stay, but from the pictures, the pool just doesn't seem to compare to those at WBC.
I have been checking out WBC and the pool does look great! We are strongly consdering WBC for our 2014 Disney trip (although I *think* I read one of the slides has a height requirement which is a huge bummer); but for this summer, 2013, we are looking at doing SeaWorld and Aquatica only. I"m afraid it will be too hard on the girls, well, and me, lol, to be soooooo close to WDW without going (b/c I'm assuming we will see lots of Disney buses and the "gates" quite a bit, and really, my oldest would flip)!
__________________
January 2008 Pop Century
January 2010 Wilderness Lodge
January 2011 All Star Sports
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #11
auprincess
DIS Veteran
 
auprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,123

If anyone is looking, I have recently discovered Lake Buena Vista. Not sure how great it is on distance, but the condos look nice and the pool is amazing! It also has a pirate ship with a slide, too
__________________
January 2008 Pop Century
January 2010 Wilderness Lodge
January 2011 All Star Sports
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:57 PM   #12
kirasmom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 85

We stayed at the Reunion Resort, which is thisclose to Disney and had a great little water park with slides and a lazy river, in addition to some very nice quiet pools, which we never visited (kids, natch).

We stayed in a luxurious 3 bed condo. Totally recommend it.
kirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:34 PM   #13
shopn24seven
DIS Veteran
 
shopn24seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,564

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess
If anyone is looking, I have recently discovered Lake Buena Vista. Not sure how great it is on distance, but the condos look nice and the pool is amazing! It also has a pirate ship with a slide, too
AU PRINCESS!
What was the full name of this hotel? Thanks.
__________________



2014 CBR
2014 OKW
2014 AoA
2013 BC
2012 POR
2011 CR
2010 AKL
2009 POP
2008 CBR
2004 ASMo
1984 Off Site FIRST VISIT
shopn24seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:17 AM   #14
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran
 
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada, Eh!
Posts: 6,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopn24seven View Post
AU PRINCESS!
What was the full name of this hotel? Thanks.
I am guessing it is the Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, found here:

http://www.lbvorlandoresort.com/
__________________
Gina and her two guys ...conquering awesome Orlando, one offsite attraction at a time!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899


Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:33 AM   #15
shopn24seven
DIS Veteran
 
shopn24seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

I am guessing it is the Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, found here:

http://www.lbvorlandoresort.com/
Thanks
__________________



2014 CBR
2014 OKW
2014 AoA
2013 BC
2012 POR
2011 CR
2010 AKL
2009 POP
2008 CBR
2004 ASMo
1984 Off Site FIRST VISIT
shopn24seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.