Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #151
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Cosmic Rays will sell you some soup. This week only. Because it's winter, I guess.
I was wrong about this. It's the SOUPer Bowl.

Quote:
Plus, stop by Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland for Super Sunday menu items, including "Soup-er Bowls" of lobster bisque and tomato basil bisque.

And from what it says, the soup was available only on Sunday.

I'm not grateful for that pun, for sure.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #152
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post

Quote:
Plus, stop by Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland for Super Sunday menu items, including "Soup-er Bowls" of lobster bisque and tomato basil bisque.

I'm not grateful for that pun, for sure.
They better be careful.

Surprised the lawyers didn't have them call it "The Big Game" soup.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #153
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater

Somehow being grateful just doesn't seem to apply here. I'm grateful for a sunny day, a healthy day, my family, my home, and my backyard. I love Disney World and I'm extremely grateful for each day I get to spend there. But I'm not grateful to Disney for providing a little something or possibly even nothing when they promised something cool . I'm not mad or even upset. We head down on the 23rd and if they do nothing at all, I'll still be grateful that I was able to go, and I'll be back next year. I'll be grateful to my God and to my husband for agreeing that we could afford it. But I won't be grateful to Disney for trying to sell me a bowl of soup or "allowing" me to vote on something. I could be wrong, but this is my outlook.

Honestly, most of us make our own fun in the parks. We take a wonderful place and put our own spin on it. We get up early or we sleep in and stay fresh for the fireworks. We sit down for most of our meals or grab burgers when we feel the urge. We ride the rides all day long or we stroll the parks taking in the details. The promotions really don't matter that much. I think most people on here that seem to be complaining are simply stating that they think this is a silly promotion and an inconsistent one at that. They think Disney could have done better and I think they could have too. Will it affect my trip at all? Not in the least, but its fun to discuss.
I don't mean gratitude to Disney specifically, I mean it as a way of living/being.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #154
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
They better be careful.

Surprised the lawyers didn't have them call it "The Big Game" soup.
Yeah, the way our local radio station always has a ticket give-away to the Big Race In February!!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #155
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
I don't mean gratitude to Disney specifically, I mean it as a way of living/being.

Fair enough .
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #156
meowmarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post

It was there Saturday but I didn't check Monday. It was pretty decent, but not as good as the lobster bisque in Epcot lol.

12/14 DLR ~ 2/13 Pop ~ 2/12 DLR ~ 12/09 Pop ~ 8/08 FWC ~ 6 pre-2000 trips to WDW & DLR
meowmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #157
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
In the running for

WORST

DISNEY

PROMOTION

EVER.
Agreed, Robo. As always - you hit the nail on the head.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #158
cruisin'Mike
Be thankful that I'M not the Tag Fairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki7680 View Post
Well so far I still like the idea. They are only 7/8 weeks into the promotion. Everyone is comparing this to the Year of a Million Dreams Promotion. With that promotion your "magic" happened by chance. And those type of things still happen on a daily basis. Magical upgrades, magical free cookies, magical fastpasses, etc. But with LTM, everyone has an opportunity to participate in the week's events, whatever they may be. Everyone who is there that weeks gets the chance to buy the soup, buy the special merchandise, etc. No one is left out. And the people arriving the next week get the same chance but just with different stuff or themes. I get the concept of the promotion and I do like it. Face it, everything in life is limited. Our kids are only little for a short time. Some people are only with us a short time. Some people's good health is only a short time. For others, finances might be limited. I like the idea of grabbing on to the time we have and making the best of it. I for one am just happy that I am going to Disney with my boys this September. And if I dance with a villian or get to talk like a Pirate, then great. If not, I will probably talk like a Pirate anyway and make my own LTM!! Argh!!
OK. That just made my day! Thanks for sharing some LTM!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #159
tstidm1
DIS Veteran

I think they will listen to the fans on this and figure out some engaging ideas. I think one of the surprises is Spectromagic coming back for the first time in years. That would make a lot of Disney World fans happy. I wouldn't write off Limited Time Magic quite yet. I was impressed they did the Super Bowl Parade for not just the MVP day, but the days before also. I think the point of Limited Time Magic is not to do something over the top every week, but to do different little moments of magic thoughout the year. The 13th hour event sounds cool and I'm tempted to do this.
June 2011 Off Site
July 2012 Pop Century
March 2013 All Star Sports
July 2014 Dis Exclusive ABD Backstage Magic

Maybe March 2015 trip to Universal Orlando (Going to the Dark Side maybe).
tstidm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:00 AM   #160
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstidm1 View Post
I think they will listen to the fans on this and figure out some engaging ideas. I think one of the surprises is Spectromagic coming back for the first time in years.
If they do bring Spectromagic back, but only for a limited time, I hope they announce it ahead of time. That I would book a separate trip for!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:46 AM   #161
stonfiesta
Yoda Rules

well the limited time magic that had 3 little pigs, big bad wolf, scrooge etc seemed to go down well..........the queues to see these characters was ridiculously huge.

we got pics from afar but that was it.

Mar 2003 ~ Hotel Santa Fe, Mar 2005 ~ Cheyenne, July 2005 ~ Cheyenne, Feb 2006 ~ All-Star Sports, May 2006 ~ Sequoia Lodge, Sept 2006 ~ Cheyenne, Dec 2006 ~ Cheyenne, Jan 2007 ~ All Star Sports, Sept 2007~ Santa Fe, Nov 2007 ~ Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2008 ~ All Star Sports, May 2008~ Davy Crockett Ranch, Sept 2008 ~ Hotel New York, Dec 2008 ~ Cheyenne, March 2009 ~ Disneyland Hotel , April 2009 ~ Cheyenne, February 2010 ~ Port Orleans Riverside, Sept 2010 ~ Davy Crockett Ranch, Dec 2010 ~ ????????
stonfiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #162
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasteacher35

Omg thanks so much!!!
My pleasure!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra

We feel the same way. I mean people are literally complaining they don't like the extra stuff! The Canada pavilion was amazing for our friends and their little one. Yet plenty of people couldn't wait to say how stupid it was to make it snow, and have the big cheese and co in their cute outfits. Can anyone hear how ungrateful and childish they sound? It's an Extra promotion! Idk to me it's just bizarre to complain about a lot of things people complain about on here. We practice daily gratitude in our family, and it's a beautiful thing.
I'm with you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasteacher35

I hear ya! I completely agree with you, too! I am super glad to be on my Disney Vacation and I am definitely not going to nit-pick! That would be miserable, and I am the opposite of that! I love my Disney vacations! They always turn out awesome!!
And with you!! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #163
jt8595
Earning My Ears

We will be there for a couple of days during True Love week. I hope that my husband and I have the opportunity to get a photo with one of the Disney couples! Wouldn't that be a great memento of our trip?!
jt8595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #164
MacClemsons
Mouseketeer

so I didn't care much for the Limited soup. However, I got to meet Yellow Rabbit and Tweedle Dee & Dum this week. Why didn't they advertise that?

Upcoming AoA May 14 SWW
Jan 14 Coronado 1/2 Marathon
Dec 13 ASMu, Oct 13 CBR ToT 10 miler, Sept 13 MNSSHP AoA Nemo Suite, May 13 Cabins, Apr 13 ASSports, Feb 13 POP, Jan 13 SOG
Sep 12 MNSSHP ASMovies, June 12 - SWW off property, Mar 12 SOG
Dec 11 POR, Sep 11 ASMovies
Dec 09 MVMCP ASMovies, Sep 08 SOG, July 03 Hilton DTD
MacClemsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:15 AM   #165
texasteacher35
DIS Veteran

That's cool! Nice to see those rare characters! Maybe sometimes they like to keep it a surprise and spread the magic! LOL

DL GCV 4/2013...WLV 6/2013...SSR 7/2013
JANUARY 2012- BCV, DECEMBER 2012- SSR, AUGUST 2012- BWV, JUNE 2012-Our 1st Star Wars Weekend- BLT, 3/2012- BLT, 1/2012- BCV, 11/2011- WBC, MAY 2011/ CBR Pirate Room, 11/2010- CR Tower, 7/2010- YACHT CLUB, 11/2009- CBR Pirate Room, 10/2001- GF
texasteacher35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: