Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #46
TXPyroMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3 View Post
I made a spread sheet and tracked what we ate/drank (rough est). It was worth it for this family of 5. We are not big breakfast eaters, cereal/ fruit or yogurt. But at least 2 coffees for the adults. Having to deal w the lines at quick service to pay $35-40 every am right off the bat was a savings.
Second-- drinks. We are not lushes (well maybe I am) but enjoy a glass or two of wine/beer. Having that glass or two in the CL saved easily $35 a day. I'm also a coffee/espresso all day girl. Those 3-4$ add right up.
Third-- being able to spread out somewhere other than the room was soooooo nice. Esp as my kids span age 2-12. The 2 older ones went to the Club to do homework while the little one would go out and play etc. And it was certainly cheaper to pay CL than upgrade to a 1 br villa.

We did not pay $150 night more, it was about $35 an night.

Hth
Heather
Which resort did you stay at? This seems like a huge discount based on the figures that others have given. Did you have a 30% off room discount?
TXPyroMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #47
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPyroMom

Which resort did you stay at? This seems like a huge discount based on the figures that others have given. Did you have a 30% off room discount?
Have never seen a discount that would equal CL to $35.00 a night.... If it were, everyone would be doing it...

I checked the deluxe resorts for their value seasons, standard room over CL and it's a good 100.00 per night.... I often wonder where some people get their figures...

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #48
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe of ohio View Post
Have never seen a discount that would equal CL to $35.00 a night.... If it were, everyone would be doing it...

I checked the deluxe resorts for their value seasons, standard room over CL and it's a good 100.00 per night.... I often wonder where some people get their figures...
I have always booked Club level with 40% off. The price difference is about 100.00 a night. If you are comparing a water view room to a SV club level than it could be 35.00 a night. A TPV room at Poly is about the same price as a GV CL room at Poly. Maybe they were not comparing Apples to Apples.
padawans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #49
samacita
Mouseketeer

For those of you who use CL food offerings in place of a dining plan, how many meals do you usually pay for out of pocket? Are they typically lunches? Dinners? Character breakfasts? I'm trying to calculate whether CL + a few OOP meals would be better than DDP. But with this as our first Disney trip with kids, it's hard to picture how it will go...
samacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:56 PM   #50
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

we have 2 kids also but since they are 11 and 13 they are adults according to disney. so, when we calculate savings, that is what it is based on.

the DDP was much more valuable to us when they were disney children.

we need to pay oop for cs lunch every day. we do one character breakfast at 'ohana every stay because it is tradition. we usually do a ts meal (usually signature) nearly every day when my parents join us, but when it is just us four, we are happy to do maybe 2 per trip. we love ts but don't love being tied down to the reservation.

we still come out ahead with CL and no DDP.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #51
jstouder
Mouseketeer

I am thinking about upgrading our WL to CL. What food offerings are there during the course of the day?
2012 - Pop Century & Animal Kingdom Lodge
2011 - Wilderness Lodge
2010 - Wilderness Lodge
2009 - Wilderness Lodge
2007 - Wilderness Lodge
2006 - All Star Music
jstouder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #52
Rileyf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstouder View Post
I am thinking about upgrading our WL to CL. What food offerings are there during the course of the day?
Breakfast is cereals, pastries, bagels, oatmeal, and fruit. In the afternoon they have cookies and chips, and at happy hour time they have appetizers, beer and wine. 8-10 it's cordials and desserts. Sodas, ice tea, and coffee is always available. Other than breakfast I don't think the offerings are a substitute for meals. It does save some money on snacks and alcohol.
Rileyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #53
hiwaygal
Only someone as wonderful as Donna can receive my picture PM's
aka Roadie
They must have been men
Is it Friday yet?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samacita View Post
For those of you who use CL food offerings in place of a dining plan, how many meals do you usually pay for out of pocket? Are they typically lunches? Dinners? Character breakfasts? I'm trying to calculate whether CL + a few OOP meals would be better than DDP. But with this as our first Disney trip with kids, it's hard to picture how it will go...
We've never done the DP. And now, thinking about it, it really is too much food for us. We generally eat breakfast in the CL. For lunch we will share a QS or get a snack here and there. We will plan three or four ADRs for buffet or family style dinners for our 8 night visit. We'll try to be at the resort for evening appetizers at least one night. And we'll try to take advantage of the desserts and cordials (sometimes we get back too late). BUT, even if we get back too late, there's usually a way to grab a drink or something to take back to your room (at least there was at the Poly...can't remember if it was that way at BW, but it seems like it was) or you can grab a few drinks earlier and have them in your room.

We love the CL staff, they can be so much fun to just talk to. For our first stay, they shared our wedding cake with us. At first they told us they weren't allowed but we reminded them that they were there to "make us happy" and sharing our wedding cake would make us happy!

They've done quite a few extras that I don't want to specifically talk about because sometimes folks then create expectations. But suffice to say they have made both our trips very memorable.

When it came time to make a decision on this next trip, DH and I went back and forth. We got a great discount that made the CL room cheaper than a standard deluxe room. We knew then that we didn't need the dining plan and we don't have to worry.

We are planning to spend a day off-site (Legoland) and will probably recruit help from the IPO staff to rent a car and stuff.

We've been very fortunate to stay CL for all of our visits to Disney.

For us, it's about a higher level of service, a more personal level of service, it's feeling "special". If you read posts on some of the other boards here many people ask about special moments from CMs or "extra pixie dust" or "Disney Magic" - especially if you are planning a special event. What many folks recommend is that if you want that extra pixie dust, you pay for it. CL is just kinda one way to do that.

The gift of happiness belongs to those who unwrap it.
hiwaygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #54
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

I will only stay in SV rooms at AKL. The price difference was $35 a night on our last staying using a 35% off code. I don't pay rack rates. As all CL rooms at AKL are SV I feel this is apples to apples. I know that TPV vs GV at Poly (just am example) would be different, but for us AKL says 'home'. Hth
Heather

MomofDisneyLoversx3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: