Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #16
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86
 
kizzabel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 4,102

Also the restaurant in the train station does Croques and chicken nugget and kebab meals. Think the meals were less then €7 inc a drink.

Val d'Europe is also so handy to get to, it shouldnt put anyone off and you could save a fortune by stocking up there or even eating out there at night and as trains run til late it makes it hassle free.
__________________

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May *** Disneyland Hotel - November

Upcoming Trips:
2015 Kyriad/Newport - March 2016 Sequoia Lodge - January
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #17
aliscrapper
DIS Veteran
 
aliscrapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 540

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
Also the restaurant in the train station does Croques and chicken nugget and kebab meals. Think the meals were less then €7 inc a drink..
Is that inside the Eurostar station and if it is; where is it located?? Thanks - sounds like a great hidden gem when it comes to saving money!
aliscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #18
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person
 
Carrie_Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: sur les cases bleues du monopoly -1 mile from Disneyland Paris
Posts: 5,050

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
Also the restaurant in the train station does Croques and chicken nugget and kebab meals. Think the meals were less then €7 inc a drink.

Val d'Europe is also so handy to get to, it shouldnt put anyone off and you could save a fortune by stocking up there or even eating out there at night and as trains run til late it makes it hassle free.
Love Val d'Europe and eat there nearly every time we go to DLP now as so much cheaper and better choice(s)

Are your Croque things the ones that they sell at the café-buffet bar on the mainline train side of the station ? I know that you can get baguette sandwiches there as there's a Pain à la ligne. Their sandwiches are tasty

For nuggets I'd be off to McDo at least you know that their's is 100% white chicken meat (at least in France)
__________________
The Frog The Rosbif

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #19
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86
 
kizzabel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 4,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
Love Val d'Europe and eat there nearly every time we go to DLP now as so much cheaper and better choice(s)

Are your Croque things the ones that they sell at the café-buffet bar on the mainline train side of the station ? I know that you can get baguette sandwiches there as there's a Pain à la ligne. Their sandwiches are tasty

For nuggets I'd be off to McDo at least you know that their's is 100% white chicken meat (at least in France)
as opposed to Irish horse/beef burgers!!

The place we ate out of was near the casino shop, well between that and the info office, hope this helps as I paid the name of the place no heed. Thats where we found the Croques but we had already ordered at that stage

I think I just a little bit fell in love with Pauls patisseries at VdE
__________________

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May *** Disneyland Hotel - November

Upcoming Trips:
2015 Kyriad/Newport - March 2016 Sequoia Lodge - January
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #20
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person
 
Carrie_Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: sur les cases bleues du monopoly -1 mile from Disneyland Paris
Posts: 5,050

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
as opposed to Irish horse/beef burgers!!

The place we ate out of was near the casino shop, well between that and the info office, hope this helps as I paid the name of the place no heed. Thats where we found the Croques but we had already ordered at that stage

I think I just a little bit fell in love with Pauls patisseries at VdE
Don't these horse burger and now horse mince OH used to eat it, soon stopped when we started living together - I'm not knowingly cooking that

I'll have to look when you mean as I was thinking the other side of the station where there's a bar and a proper site down bit.

You know that Paul's macarons come from the same place as the posher (ie costs twice as much) from Ladurée. They are all made off site in the same factory as it's the same chain group
__________________
The Frog The Rosbif

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #21
NPB
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 87

Is the casino shop the one in the train station / just outside it? Is it kinda kiosk like, am I thinking of right place?
What can you buy here? Water/ choc etc? Or can you buy sandwiches etc?

Is there much to buy at petrol station near Cheyenne?
NPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #22
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person
 
Carrie_Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: sur les cases bleues du monopoly -1 mile from Disneyland Paris
Posts: 5,050

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPB View Post
Is the casino shop the one in the train station / just outside it? Is it kinda kiosk like, am I thinking of right place?
What can you buy here? Water/ choc etc? Or can you buy sandwiches etc?

Is there much to buy at petrol station near Cheyenne?
The Casino is at the far left hand side near the ticket machines for the RER.
As far left as you can go

Here's a list of some prices from a couple of years back that I did for someone, gives you an idea of what they sell, but there's a lot more

http://www.www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2719796

Never been to the petrol station but it will have fewer items and be dearer, they always are here
__________________
The Frog The Rosbif

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #23
NPB
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 87

Thank you, that is perfect, very helpful
NPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:46 AM   #24
Jazzy B Bunny
Mouseketeer
 
Jazzy B Bunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Plymouth UK
Posts: 189

How much is a mc Donald's in Disney, compared to costs in the UK?
__________________
Jazzy B Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:57 AM   #25
Happy Tappy
Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A pirates life for me!
 
Happy Tappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,582

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy B Bunny View Post
How much is a mc Donald's in Disney, compared to costs in the UK?
Their extra value meals (they call them 'best of') are between 6 and 7 euros. A large extra value meal (maxi best of) is 50c more.

A happy meal is 4 euros.

Slightly more expensive than the UK but good value for Disney.

They have touch screens so you can order in English which is really handy as I have my burger plain.
Happy Tappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:54 AM   #26
Jazzy B Bunny
Mouseketeer
 
Jazzy B Bunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Plymouth UK
Posts: 189

That's good to know. I have my burgers plan too
__________________
Jazzy B Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.